Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

What's The Standard Pointer Color? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Standard Pointer Color? (808 Views)

What Is The Official Color For Commercial Vehicles In Your State? / What's Ur Favorite Car Color / Will I Have Customs Problem With Green Color Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Standard Pointer Color? by onyeego(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
Back in the years, one could easily say the functions of lights in a vehicle by their color.

We use to know that:
yellow color are pointers.
red color are break lights.
White color is either reverse or headlights.

These days, pointers come in different colors like red,pink,white,blue,green e.t.c
same goes for the headlight,reverse light and break lights.

Sometimes I wonder if there are no standard lighting color for vehicles?
Is it the car manufacturers that decides the lights color of a vehicle?
Are there laws that say what color these lights should be?
Are there penalties for offenders?
can a vehicle owner install colors that he likes in no particular order?

I need answers.
Re: What's The Standard Pointer Color? by billionman: 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
Amber is supposed to be the standard colour to the best of my knowledge.
Re: What's The Standard Pointer Color? by onyeego(m): 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
billion_man: Amber is supposed to be the standard colour to the best of my knowledge.
I think that's d standard, what I don't understand is why many cars have different colors other than yellow/amber as pointers.
Re: What's The Standard Pointer Color? by yungboss(m): 7:59am On Mar 12, 2013
the most common pointer colours are red and amber. I haven't seen any other colour the op mentioned. For reverse lights, i've only seen white.
Re: What's The Standard Pointer Color? by Noca(m): 8:29am On Mar 12, 2013
yungboss: the most common pointer colours are red and amber. I haven't seen any other colour the op mentioned. For reverse lights, i've only seen white.

My opinion also the same.
Re: What's The Standard Pointer Color? by onyeego(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
yungboss: the most common pointer colours are red and amber. I haven't seen any other colour the op mentioned. For reverse lights, i've only seen white.
I've seen cab drivers place blue and green translucent stickers on their pointers to make them give blue/green lights
Re: What's The Standard Pointer Color? by billionman: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
onye ego:
I've seen cab drivers place blue and green translucent stickers on their pointers to make them give blue/green lights

Yeah that's true. They use green or blue stickers to mask the original yellow/amber colour. Some modern cars these days have their indicators as red just like the brake light.
Re: What's The Standard Pointer Color? by Raymie(m): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
I believe the standard pointer color's amber/yellow. However, many American made or American spec cars have this thing for red pointers which I don't like. Sometimes difficult to distinguish from rear/brake lights. Almost hit someone I thought had slowed down not knowing she was trying to change lanes. if by chance I get a car with them red pointers, I'd jejeli change the bulbs to Orange biko. No time for confusion.

(1) (Reply)

Any Ideas Of How Much It Costs To Oven Bake A Car / Sienna 99/00 Or 2001/2002 , Which One Is Better / I Want To Know The Cost Of BMW X5 From Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.