Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! (7613 Views)

Ex Kogi Gov Audu Abubakar Gets Married To A Much Younger Lady / Peter And Paul Okoye's Younger Sister Weds / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by HisRib(f): 4:31am On Mar 12, 2013
Honestly, aren't you tired of seeing the same old celebrities over and over again?

We need fresh, new and young talent.

Where are the Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Jennifer Lawrence, Selena Gomez, Jayden Smith, Drake (insert more young celebs here) of Africa?

Why aren't we seeking new talent and new faces? I'm tired of seeing 30 and over people singing & acting like children to remain relevant!

Even Nollywood needs new talent. It's the same actors over and over again. That's why they have 35 year olds playing the role high school students. They need to start holding auditions to attract fresh/new talent.

I'm tired of seeing Omotola, Genevieve and company in every movie. They are old birds now. Just losing interest.

11 Likes

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by tpia5: 4:34am On Mar 12, 2013
just let them keep doing their thing, awon ni gbogbo e ye.

the so-called "new" "younger" celebrities arent necessarily an improvement on the older role models/mentors.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by HisRib(f): 4:37am On Mar 12, 2013
tpia@:
just let them keep doing their thing, awon ni gbogbo e ye.

I'm not stopping them from doing anything. I'm just saying, if we want our entertainment industry to evolve we need NEW talent. That's the problem with us Africans, we are afraid of change but want to evolve. In order to move forward change MUST take place.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by tpia5: 4:41am On Mar 12, 2013
well, they're not going anywhere anytime soon, is all i know. undecided
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by HisRib(f): 4:44am On Mar 12, 2013
tpia@:
well, they're not going anywhere anytime soon, is all i know. undecided

Did I say I wanted them to go anywhere? I said we need NEW talent -- that is all. This is how the entertainment industry evolves. Plain and Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by tpia5: 5:04am On Mar 12, 2013
well, ghana does it, that should suffice for nigeria as well.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 12, 2013
[size=13pt]Lmao.

HisRib, I agree with you. I've always wondered the same myself. Aki and Paw Paw still take roles as children don't they? As for Rita Dominic, Omosexy, Tonto Dikeh, Mercy Johnson, etc. They won't last forever. I'm sure some of them think they will. If I was in one of their shoes, I would have started an acting academy or at least paved the way for younger ones. They were top actresses in a time that Nigeria was/is one of the biggest industries in the world. They can't sustain it on their own. I lost interest long ago for this reason. If it remains the same, then I'm sure more will.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Chanchit: 6:10am On Mar 12, 2013
@Op, its very easy to see younger celebs, just move to the Us.
If you are in their shoes, you won't talk like this, how much do they have to make them think of stepping aside.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Afam4eva(m): 8:20am On Mar 12, 2013
Should we just have young celebrities just for the heck of it? If you're tired of these faces then you should ask for new celebrities and not necessarily young celebrities.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by onila(f): 8:22am On Mar 12, 2013
wizkid
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Kizuba: 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
Why must we always follow follow?
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by obowunmi(m): 11:19am On Mar 14, 2013
@ OP: Should life END because you are 30?

3 Likes

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2013
Kizuba: Why must we always follow follow?

[size=13pt]Is aging and making room for the new generation follow follow?

Wait o, na Naija. I forget say youth in Naija begins at 55 like our politicians lol.

@OP, ignore my first post. Make we wait lol.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by obowunmi(m): 11:21am On Mar 14, 2013
Because younger people are afraid to go into the business because of scandals associated with it - people women especially use Nollywood to find a husband. They start as actors/they leave as soon as they get married.

I don't think Nollywood is as rosy as it appears. Osas Ighodaro is the new girl on the block - she should be 27 or so - so technically according to you, she only has three years left.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by sS2(m): 11:22am On Mar 14, 2013
Dem dey prepare fo waec and jamb

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by obowunmi(m): 11:23am On Mar 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Should we just have young celebrities just for the heck of it? If you're tired of these faces then you should ask for new celebrities and not necessarily young celebrities.

well stated. You shouldn't discriminate because of age.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 14, 2013
Ok hisrib. It begins with you **ifyoutooarenotmorethan30**
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by yuzedo: 11:24am On Mar 14, 2013
@op: swerry, i ken be ur sellibrite.. I have money. So wuz yo numba. wink
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by obowunmi(m): 11:24am On Mar 14, 2013
Younger people are likely to go into MUSIC than ACTING......

Younger people dream of becoming a Pastor or working for a bank, than Nollywood - unless you are getting endorsement deals, which take a while to get because, it takes years to build a following - you are not going to stay a BROKE actor for years....

Even young babes, in Nollywood, use ashawo work with politicians to support themselves.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:25am On Mar 14, 2013
I agree. Some of them are not creative!
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by ilenaira: 11:25am On Mar 14, 2013
celebrities ko, thought-leaders, inventors and people who actually improve the lot of the masses ni. embarassed
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by blackbeau1(f): 11:25am On Mar 14, 2013
@ op,stop bashing Nigeria,even in american movies,the older generation esp the females still act high school movies.by the way,you could give birth and then groom your child to be a celebrity. But wait oh,are you forgetting Wizkid (before now) and davido.they were child celebrities
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by ITbomb(m): 11:27am On Mar 14, 2013
How will the new ones come up when all the producers and agents want is to get in between their legs before giving them a slot.

and you need to sleep with some required number of 'right' people before you can break in.

Only some shows like idols , talent etc can produce ,to some extent, clean stars

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by boron10(m): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2013
Yvonne Nelson, Nadia buari, Van Vicka, Prince Osei, John Dumelo and Majid Michael keep surfacing in every Ghanaian movie. Don't they equally have young and upcoming artistes?
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by pillzthadrugz(m): 11:37am On Mar 14, 2013
yes i believe you and maybe thats why we keep witnessing the timely and untimely dead of the VETERANS.......the young shall grow while the old shall die
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 14, 2013
Another factor that constitute is the type of roles being played often in the nollywood, most of their story lines are always the same. Until they start writting and acting different story lines, it will continue to be so.

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 14, 2013
The fact there are no new younger celebrities is the clearest sign that nollywood has stalled for a while. Very few serious pay any attention to recent nollywood movies. The quality has simply refused to improve some will even say it has declined.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Ebestsmscom: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2013
Here I am, let my name be included, afterall am still young.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Ebestsmscom: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2013
boron10: Yvonne Nelson, Nadia buari, Van Vicka, Prince Osei, John Dumelo and Majid Michael keep surfacing in every Ghanaian movie. Don't they equally have young and upcoming artistes?

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Handsome Men Who Where Born Females(photos) / Celestial Church Choir Twerk For Church Elders During Sunday Service / Is Genevieve Not Being Overated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.