Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Should The Roman Catholic Church End Its Pro Celibacy For Priests? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should The Roman Catholic Church End Its Pro Celibacy For Priests? (666 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Roman Catholic Church End Its Pro Celibacy For Priests? by Gerrard59(m): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2013
What do you think?
Re: Should The Roman Catholic Church End Its Pro Celibacy For Priests? by The5DME(m): 5:23am On Jul 09, 2022
Gerrard59:
What do you think?
Good morning bro. Due to the lingering ASUU strike, which no one really knows when it's going to end(most likely next year), I've been thinking of enrolling into the National open University for my studies. I really would've loved to experience campus life,but this strike is delaying my schooling, considering the fact that I want to be done with school as fast as I can. Do you advise that I do such? I just need an opinion; thanks!
Re: Should The Roman Catholic Church End Its Pro Celibacy For Priests? by Gerrard59(m): 5:33am On Jul 09, 2022
The5DME:
Good morning bro. Due to the lingering ASUU strike, which no one really knows when it's going to end(most likely next year), I've been thinking of enrolling into the National open University for my studies. I really would've loved to experience campus life,but this strike is delaying my schooling, considering the fact that I want to be done with school as fast as I can. Do you advise that I do such? I just need an opinion; thanks!

The strike will end no matter how long it takes. In fact, you should like the strike as it provides much-needed time to learn coding skills and to an extent start preparing for Leetcode..You people have so much time, unlike my days. I only experienced strike once during my time. Going to NOUN is a waste of time and money. Use that money to pay for online courses, data subscriptions or probably buy a better laptop.

I am pretty sure you have seen the reason I and Tensa20 emphasised doing a four-year course as opposed to any engineering course.
Re: Should The Roman Catholic Church End Its Pro Celibacy For Priests? by The5DME(m): 5:37am On Jul 09, 2022
Gerrard59:

The strike will end no matter how long it takes. In fact, you should like the strike as it provides much-needed time to learn coding skills and to an extent start preparing for Leetcode..You people have so much time, unlike my days. I only experienced strike once during my time. Going to NOUN is a waste of time and money. Use that money to pay for online courses, data subscriptions or probably buy a better laptop.

I am pretty sure you have seen the reason I and Tensa20 emphasised doing a four-year course as opposed to any engineering course.
Re: Should The Roman Catholic Church End Its Pro Celibacy For Priests? by Gerrard59(m): 6:51am On Jul 09, 2022
The5DME:
Thanks for the advice. If my calculations are right, I should be graduating from school, and I have this fear that I might not be qualified for some, if not most graduate entry role. That's why I'm trying to hasten my schooling. Not everyone had the chance to enter a university in the teenage years.
But thanks for the advice nevertheless. This age insecurity has been giving me sleepless nights lately.

Well, if you decide to go into tech, you need not worry about age discrimination as tech jobs JD rarely state the preferred age cap for prospective applicants. As for other industries, well, that is Nigeria for you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Monday 6th May,2013 The Crucial Combination By Pastor / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Saturday 8th June, 2013 Be Dedicated By Pastor E. A. / Live In Lagos Friday And Saturday This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.