Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Herriot Watt - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Herriot Watt (827 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Herriot Watt by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 12, 2013
Please I need your candid advice. What's your view about studying online for an Msc degree especially in petroleum Engineering from herriot watt. I have a friend that is working as a banker for close to 3 years, but has a bsc in chemical engineering, who is interested in doing this Msc online. But I discouraged him on the ground that he will not be able to devote quality time in his study epecially for the fact that he is working in a bank, which can be very tedious and also, it will be very difficult for him to assimilate, since he doesn't have a Bsc in petroleum engineering.
I also, told him that most companiess don't recognise Msc online, although he said the msc of herriot watt online is the same as that of full time and that the certificate will not bear online.
Please I want u to advice my friend for me. Thank you.
Re: Herriot Watt by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
I'm doing HWU MBA. It's just like full time. I will prefer to refer to it as Distance Learning than online. I go to campus for seminars (though voluntary), study the course texts and write exams. It's ok IMO. But I don't know whether it is the same for Msc.
Re: Herriot Watt by tunapawizzy: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
i think ur friend has a big decision to make. Herriot Watt in my opinion is excellent for pet engineering at least from information BUT doing pet engineering a practical oriented course over the internet,,,,,i do not think thats an excellent choice. I would have said he should apply for study leave or if that wont be granted then he should resign if thats where his passion lies. HOWEVER IT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE. there is no absolute certainty of getting a job when he comes back. So in all its up to him BUT one thing m certain about is an online MSc in petroleum Engineering is not a geat option.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“I Used To Run Out Of The House To Watch Planes Fly” – Nigeria’s Youngest Pilot / Current Events In The Oil And Gas Sector Of The Nigerian Economy / 17 Ways To Know You Were Born To Be An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.