Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage (14707 Views)

Why I Have Refused To Remarry—veteran Actress, Iya Awero / Photo: JJ Okocha And Wife Loved Up As They Celebrate Her Birthday / Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan To Confer Special Honor On Pete Edochie & Iya Awero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Kaymisola(f): 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
Iya Awero (lanre Hassan) To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage

So it's 50 years already! Her name is Lanre Hassan, she is one of the oldest yoruba actors and she is popularly known as Iya Awero...I call her Mama 65, cos that's one of her movies that I love.
She will on the 2nd of June 2013 be joined by her colleagues to celebrate her golden jubilee on stage. The event will take place at Blue roof Hall of LTV in Agidingbi Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wow.thats great.i love her roles in movies.she inerpretes any role given to her perfectly.i didnt know she has spent quite a number of years in the movie industry like that.i really love the woman's personality and personae.infact,she strikes me as a mother who is going to be ral strict and tough on her kids.like a mama no nonsense woman plus i love her dress sense in and out of the cameras even for her age she still looks beautiful.she still has this cute face even though you can literarily see age and life's stress written all over her face.mama congrats o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by slimyem: 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wow!!
Interesting.Much respect to her,Iya Rainbow and Bukky Ajayi.smiley
Awon Mama niyen!!!gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Emmyk(m): 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
I'm chuffed for her
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by kunlekunle: 7:46am On Mar 13, 2013
babamero, oga bello, aluwe iya awero, time don pass

1 Like

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by venorite(m): 11:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Nice one,she is a very good actress..God bless
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 13, 2013
Shey we go eat jollof rice & meat if we come? If not this post doesn't concerns me

3 Likes

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Cmoyor: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2013
She fit set up Ngo now ooo
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by yvonnechi(f): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2013
wow...that's good, she is a very good actress.
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Maxymilliano(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2013
She 've definitely come a long way, remembered her with the Awada kerikeri group, alongside Oga Bello,Papa Aluwe, Sabitiyu and co before Jide Kosoko later teamed up with the group.

Congratulations Ma'am!

1 Like

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by jhydebaba(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2013
Congratulations mama!
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by sureteeboy(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2013
wow!! That's wonderfull
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by naptu2: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2013
Ojo Ladipo Theatre: Aluwe, Awero, Oga Bello, (I can't remember Jide Kosoko's screen name). LTV 8 in the 1980s smiley

HAPPY BIRTHDAY M'AM!!!
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 13, 2013
kunlekunle: babamero, oga bello, aluwe iya awero, time don pass
With these your words i pray your children don't tell you your time don pass.Learn to appreciate hard work and commitment that is all i have to tell you

6 Likes

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by ichommy(m): 11:47am On Mar 13, 2013
Lagos Girl
torres2: Shey we go eat jollof rice & meat if we come? If not this post doesn't concerns me
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by ajayioluwatobi(m): 11:47am On Mar 13, 2013
#LLNP.
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by shadrach77: 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
so iya awero is over 70! She looks way younger than her age. I guess she must have been in her 20s when she started acting so if she has spent 50 years on stage that means she would be in her mid or late 70s. I'm still a bit skeptical about her having clocked 50 years on stage though. Congrats all the same cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
chingyjant:
With these your words i pray your children don't tell you your time don pass.Learn to appreciate hard work and commitment that is all i have to tell you
abi o.some nairalanders can be unnecessarily nasty :@ mshewww

2 Likes

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
ichommy: Lagos Girl
lmao.not just lagos girl.she be real owanmbe lagos girl cheesy
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congrats to her. I like her in movies which she play the role of a witch or a wicked woman. Yes, she can act witchy & wicked wella.
FMJ!

1 Like

Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by damola1: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
50years.. no be beans oh...that's like: 1963... wow... that's a pretty long time.
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Larrey(f): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
shadrach77: so iya awero is over 70! She looks way younger than her age. I guess she must have been in her 20s when she started acting so if she has spent 50 years on stage that means she would be in her mid or late 70s. I'm still a bit skeptical about her having clocked 50 years on stage though. Congrats all the same cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
she Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ in her late 60s just D̶̲̥̅̊ąτ̲̅ she started wen was young,she Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ Ŋ¤τ̲̅ 70 yet
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by AkinDavid2: 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congratulations to her. but didn't get the name "Lanre Hassan", thought Lanre is for the Male gender.
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Shinatu: 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
..... just a line to appreciate this woman.Congratulations!
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by BabaEleko(m): 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
I just saw "Oleku" again on youtube after all these years. Iya Awero "killed" her role very well. Igba Odun, Odun kan ni. Happy Bday mama.
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by sonety2k(m): 1:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
Happy BirthDay Mama ....!!!
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by babaowo: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
she is good indeed...hbd!
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by juman(m): 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
kunlekunle: babamero, oga bello, aluwe iya awero, time don pass

Also madam sabitiyu.

Congratulations. Igba odun, odun kan ni o.
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by kunlekunle: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
chingyjant:

wetin, u for waka pass na by force to comment.
those were her colleagues with baba mero theatre, it was a commendable gesture like she's been around along time.
Re: Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage by Dygeasy(m): 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
torres2: Shey we go eat jollof rice & meat if we come? If not this post doesn't concerns me
abi o it doesn't concerns us cheesycheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Stanley Duru,Oge Okoye's Estranged Ex-husband And Read Y They Broke Up(Pics / AY, Funke Akindele And Other Celebrities At "Moms At War" Movie Premiere / Djinee: 'If Pastors Don't Make New Year Prophecies, Does It Make Them Less?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.