Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Can I Learn Web Design And Development As A Self-tutor - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can I Learn Web Design And Development As A Self-tutor (797 Views)

Professional Custom Web Development As Low As 15k / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Learn Web Design And Development As A Self-tutor by Jamieb(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2013
Good nairalanders, i have a burning desire to be a web designer and developent especially when i visit beautifully designed sites. At the moment i have some e-books on html and css but one thing am always confused about is this stuff about dreamveaver and other softwares. Can't i learn it without any software.
2..what is the difference btw web design and web development
3. To be a web developer which do i learn first.
I have the passion to learn it and i was even inspired the more the moment i desined a ''username and password/comment form in notepad through the aid of an e-book. I would be grateful if you guys can elucidate more and put me through..thanks
Re: Can I Learn Web Design And Development As A Self-tutor by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
It's a nice one that you have a burning desire to be a website designer/developer. I must really commend you for that.

Well, to be a website designer/developer is not that difficult as you may think. It's all about your personal dedication and passion.
Firstly, let me clarify the difference between website design and website development.

Website design has to do with creating a nice the user interface for the users of a website. For you to be a very good website designer, you must master your HTML, CSS (Javascript inclusive, if you want dynamism) and also graphics softwares such as fireworks and Photoshop. These are the major tools you need, except if you meet with meet with new tools as you grow in website designs.

Website development, on the other hand, goes beyond just the user interface. Rather, it deals with the dynamism of your website. As a website developer, you must also acquire skills in a web programming language and web technologies such as PHP, Ajax, Jsp, Javascript, e.t.c. You must also know about working with databases (especially if the website you are developing requires getting some already existing data somewhere). To work with databases, you must acquire enough knowledge in any of MySQL SQLite, e.t.c.

To start your journey in website design/development, you need to start with HTML, then you proceed to CSS. After these, you can now decide to develop yourself by learning Javascript, PHP, MySQL, e.t.c.

I can't really talk much on this. But i hope this little information has helped.
Re: Can I Learn Web Design And Development As A Self-tutor by Jamieb(m): 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
yorme: It's a nice one that you have a burning desire to be a website designer/developer. I must really commend you for that.

Well, to be a website designer/developer is not that difficult as you may think. It's all about your personal dedication and passion.
Firstly, let me clarify the difference between website design and website development.

Website design has to do with creating a nice the user interface for the users of a website. For you to be a very good website designer, you must master your HTML, CSS (Javascript inclusive, if you want dynamism) and also graphics softwares such as fireworks and Photoshop. These are the major tools you need, except if you meet with meet with new tools as you grow in website designs.

Website development, on the other hand, goes beyond just the user interface. Rather, it deals with the dynamism of your website. As a website developer, you must also acquire skills in a web programming language and web technologies such as PHP, Ajax, Jsp, Javascript, e.t.c. You must also know about working with databases (especially if the website you are developing requires getting some already existing data somewhere). To work with databases, you must acquire enough knowledge in any of MySQL SQLite, e.t.c.

To start your journey in website design/development, you need to start with HTML, then you proceed to CSS. After these, you can now decide to develop yourself by learning Javascript, PHP, MySQL, e.t.c.

I can't really talk much on this. But i hope this little information has helped.

bro, i must thank you for this extensive lecture. I now know the steps i have to take towards becoming a web designer-cum-developer which i intend to master fully before i finish my nysc so i can have something to fall back on if the job aint coming. Thanks a lot. I woudn't mind if others can still elucidate on the benefits of becoming a web designer-cum-developer.
Re: Can I Learn Web Design And Development As A Self-tutor by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
you are welcome. i am happy that youfound the information useful.
Re: Can I Learn Web Design And Development As A Self-tutor by just4just: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2013
Hello yorme. Can u pls mail me at bestbaby39@hotmail.com if I can learn more frm u. I know little abt web design but want indept knowledge. Thanks
Re: Can I Learn Web Design And Development As A Self-tutor by veetubes: 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2013
i believe learning web designing is easy if you have the right tools and the right mindset and determination. You can go to any sites like http://www.examsquestion.com/php/ , http://www.htmlgoodies.com and get the basics coding and go to http://www.b254.com to have a real time practice of php , css and html. goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Short Critic About Nairaland / A BUSINESS WEBSITE Slot for sale!!! / Why Isn't There An African Version Of Alibaba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.