Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Nnpc And Dpr Destruction Of Illegal Structures Close To Pipelines - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nnpc And Dpr Destruction Of Illegal Structures Close To Pipelines (526 Views)

Report Any Filling Station Selling Petrol Above N87 To DPR Here / Nigeria’s Gas Reserves To Last 79 Years – DPR / Tax Clearance Certificate And DPR License! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nnpc And Dpr Destruction Of Illegal Structures Close To Pipelines by miked1(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2013
I am constrained to contribute this piece.
I have observed that agents of NNPC/DPR(don't know specifics) have been going around pulling down structures on the allegation that the structures were built on or close to the NNPC pipeline laid underground. I understand that that the team have gone through Obawole and are currently at Oko-oba. I have observed that the manner in which the team is going about the assignment give concern (I do not support illegality on part of people building on pipelines):
1.The environment is being messed up. I see broken blocks and others items spread over the area .
2.Trees are being uprooted. i saw shrubs that have been destroyed. Are shrubs, grasses obstructing pipelines? The ministry of environment should please get in touch with the authorities considering global warming effect of such destruction
3.I understand that bulldozers rolled in within 48 hours of notice. I thought that enough notice should have been given for people to move their stuffs from their shops, containers etc.Business effects of this decision should be thoroughly looked at.
4. Government should please assist in stopping illegal structures right from the time of development and should not grant approval to land titles on areas clearly delianataed as pipeline areas.
5. the authorities should look at business desruption effect of the 'level' order

We should put human face to some things that we do. i would appraciate clarification on what is permissible on the iting of structures/ planting of grasses etc

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is The 131st Out Of 183 Countries On "Cost Of Doing Business" / Refer Us And Get A Share Of 30:70 / Urgent Sales Of Used 6feet Roland Printer!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.