Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Boxer Drives 70 Miles To Confront Twitter User Who Branded Him ‘disgrace’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boxer Drives 70 Miles To Confront Twitter User Who Branded Him ‘disgrace’ (501 Views)

Abedi Pele, Roger Milla, George Weah To Confront Chukwu, Odegbami,Okocha / Super Eagles To Confront Italy In London On November 18 / Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boxer Drives 70 Miles To Confront Twitter User Who Branded Him ‘disgrace’ by kfako1: 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2013
Former-footballer-turned-boxer Curtis Woodhouse went to extraordinary lengths to put a Twitter user who abused him in his place.

The 32-year-old, who switched to boxing in 2006, lost his English light-welterweight title to Shayne Singleton on a points decision on Friday night.

He subsequently received taunts from ‘Jimmyob88’ a Twitter user who described Woodhouse as a ‘disgrace’.

Woodhouse, angered by the jibes, asked his followers if they could help him locate the user in real life, offering a £1,000 reward for information.

Having discovered he lived in Sheffield, Woodhouse set off and drove around 70 miles to find him, even tweeting a picture of the street he believed Jimmyob88 to live in.

“Right Jimbob, I’m here,” Woodhouse tweeted, “Someone tell me what number he lives at or do I have to knock on every door #itsshowtime.”

Although he didn’t end up actually meeting the troll, Woodhouse settled for simply giving him a serious scare.

“Just had a call from somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody and @jimmyob88 has asked what he can do to make me go away!”

The user himself was also chastened, tweeting the boxer to say: “I am sorry it’s getting a bit out of hand, I am in the wrong I accept that.”

But the incident quickly became a talking point on Twitter, with Woodhouse drawing praise from an unlikely source in Joey Barton.

“I'm not an advocate of violence but what @woodhousecurtis has just done is hilarious!” Barton wrote, before telling him “You’re my hero.”

Lennox Lewis and John Prescott were also among the people who tweeted their amusement at the events.

And Woodhouse himself was able to see the funny side, adding afterwards: “Just found out you can block people!! Could have let me know earlier, I could have saved 20 quid in petrol!”

Re: Boxer Drives 70 Miles To Confront Twitter User Who Branded Him ‘disgrace’ by kfako1: 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Boxer Drives 70 Miles To Confront Twitter User Who Branded Him ‘disgrace’ by TableLeg(m): 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
Curtis Woodhouse ....... i will do the same if i was in his shoes!
The one troll i am so keen on confronting on this forum is TPIA ..... #Beware

1 Like

Re: Boxer Drives 70 Miles To Confront Twitter User Who Branded Him ‘disgrace’ by kfako1: 2:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
“I'm not an advocate of violence but what @woodhousecurtis has just done is hilarious!” Barton wrote, before telling him “You’re my hero.”

Now that, coming from Barton, is actually funny...

1 Like

Re: Boxer Drives 70 Miles To Confront Twitter User Who Branded Him ‘disgrace’ by kfako1: 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
Table Leg :
Curtis Woodhouse ....... i will do the same if i was in his shoes!
The one troll i am so keen on confronting on this forum is TPIA ..... #Beware

Lol. Very funny
Re: Boxer Drives 70 Miles To Confront Twitter User Who Branded Him ‘disgrace’ by GamblinQueen: 1:37am On Mar 15, 2013
Woodhouse has too much time on his hands.
You mean to tell me that at no time during the 70 mile drive and cruising around the neighborhoods, it never occured to him that what he was doing was a 10 on the dumbass scale?
I wonder if he realize how blessed he was not to find this guy.
Did it ever occur to him that had he found this guy, it could've cost him his life?
And his legacy he would have left behind would've been moronic.
Really?
Really-Really?
What would Woodhouse have done had he found Barton and Barton would've blown his frickin head off?
He would have died over some dumbass crap and Barton would've probably been acquitted or given a light sentence since Woodhouse had more than enough time to change his mind and his actions could be construed as stalking.
This should also make us all realize how fast people you trust will sell your azz for a few bucks.
Hey Barton, so much for loyalty....... smdh.....

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad: Goal Scoring Machines. / Manchester United's Robin Van Persie Calls Uefa 'cowards' Over Nani Red Card / Oscar Pistorius Could Compete In World Championships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.