Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

How Feasible Is The Idea Of Driving A Car With A Computer Controlled Program - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Feasible Is The Idea Of Driving A Car With A Computer Controlled Program (789 Views)

Shutting Down A Computer Using Notepad (beginners Tutorial) / If You Were Imprisoned In A Room For 3 Months, Had A Computer With Internet..... / As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Feasible Is The Idea Of Driving A Car With A Computer Controlled Program by Kennyinusa(m): 10:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
While trying to be innovative with my thinking, i thought of writing computer controlled programs( with some hardware devices) that uses a 3D Camera, infrared technology to drive a car. But all my brain is saying now is that it frinkinly possible.
I need more experienced programmers to try and castigate this idea or tell me if they think its possible.

How to get it done.

Infrared+3D camera - Eyes.
A mechanical devices controlled by the program with the aid of devices such as the Arduino board receiving input from the Eyes to control the steering
Control the gear by directly manipulating the board of the Automobile.
Then incorporating voice recognition to receive some input including but not limited to the starting of the engine.

All to be controlled by a windows app.
Re: How Feasible Is The Idea Of Driving A Car With A Computer Controlled Program by nnabuike1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
Kennyinusa: While trying to be innovative with my thinking, i thought of writing computer controlled programs( with some hardware devices) that uses a 3D Camera, infrared technology to drive a car. But all my brain is saying now is that it frinkinly possible.
I need more experienced programmers to try and castigate this idea or tell me if they think its possible.

How to get it done.

Infrared+3D camera - Eyes.
A mechanical devices controlled by the program with the aid of devices such as the Arduino board receiving input from the Eyes to control the steering
Control the gear by directly manipulating the board of the Automobile.
Then incorporating voice recognition to receive some input including but not limited to the starting of the engine.

All to be controlled by a windows app.

For high order phenomena(ie. your automatic car doing the kinds of motions that are expected in practical use), control problem is notoriously difficult and is still an area of very active research.

You can restrict your attention to slow movements, then your prospects look much better
Re: How Feasible Is The Idea Of Driving A Car With A Computer Controlled Program by blessing6313: 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
Sorry.Google has already done it.
Re: How Feasible Is The Idea Of Driving A Car With A Computer Controlled Program by javadoctor(m): 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
I believe u r dealing with robotic engineering,so if u hv to write programs to control a system u hv to go into embedded programming.there r certain driver programs u hv to write to control the hardware. I'm just saying,hv no idea bout writing such.but its possible. Its all bout robots.if a software should drive a car,its actualli a hardware been driven by d software (logically) so u wld need a road navigation,like a global postiton system,to check fr distances,and closest distance,cameras to watch rear and front views. Etc there actualli an existing car in germany do al that.but if u wantu figure out,its just an idea of d real thing

(1) (Reply)

Php Client Interface And Moodle Backend / How Much Would You Charge For An Integration Job? / Useful Tools You Should Check Out As A Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.