Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? (3677 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / Christianity; The Reason For Science / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by FXKing2012(m): 9:27am On Mar 14, 2013
According to records, there are over 300,000 registerd pentecostal denominations in Nigeria alone and several millions worldwide. This figure does not even take into account the hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of unregisteted churches worldwide. These diferent deniminations have different doctrines but they all preach Jesus.

What amazes me is the fact that they tend not to be able to agree on most things in the Bible despite reading thesame Bible. Such a simple thing as who Jesus is is even still being debated by these different churches: some say He is the Son of God and nothing more while others see Him as God himself. Virtually every portion of the Bible is interpreted differently by these churches.

Other religions may have a few sects or divisions but nothing like what we have in the Christiandom. This worries me big!

Denomination is held on to so firmly by Christians these days despite the fact that Jesus left us with no denomination.

So my worry is this: why are Christians the most divided set of people?
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 14, 2013
Christianity is not a religion for starters.

There is much confusion in the religion of counterfeit Christianity but not the body of Christ.

Because MEN have gone about to establish their own kingdoms and ministries, they are now at cross purposes with GOD.

When we add charlatans, crooks, false brethren etc , you begin to see why we have this pathetic state of affairs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by thorpido(m): 9:56am On Mar 14, 2013
Two very important factors.
One is the attack of the devil on the Church.The devil seeks to divide the Church by all forms of subtilty and that is partly responsible for the state of the Church today.

Second factor is knowledge.We do not all have the same level of knowledge and each denomination can only operate at their level of knowledge.The bible says,'And He gave some,apostles;and some prophets;and some evangelists;and some pastors and teachers;for the perfecting of the saints,for the edifying of the body of Christ:TILL WE ALL COME IN THE UNITY OF THE FAITH,and of the knowledge of the Son of God,unto a perfect man,unto the measure of the STATURE OF THE FULLNESS OF CHRIST:that we henceforth be no more children,tossed to and fro,and carried about with every wind of doctrine,by the sleight of men,and cunning craftiness,whereby they lie in wait to deceive;'(Ephesians 4:11-14).
This scripture shows us we are divided by our level of knowledge.We do not have the same knowledge and so we would be divided along different lines.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel: Christianity is not a religion for starters.

There is much confusion in the religion of counterfeit Christianity but not the body of Christ.

Bro, make up your mind...

What is counterfeit Christianity? Who told you your version isn't counterfeit?
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 14, 2013
musKeeto:
Bro, make up your mind...

What is counterfeit Christianity? Who told you your version isn't counterfeit?

Be well read !
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by mumumugu(m): 10:45am On Mar 14, 2013
united we fall, divideed we stand
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Jaftee(m): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
Christianity is not the most divided, check out islam. Some belive in kill for God and planty of conrolversy. Christianity belive in trinity God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit.

Nevertheless, there are plenty of fake preachers.. Those that does it for money, ofcos you will know them by action. This post proves that you know little about christianity, I suggest you research before posting.
This is blasphemy.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by FXKing2012(m): 12:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Goshen360, Ijawkid, Image et al ,wey una?
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Delafruita(m): 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Jaftee: Christianity is not the most divided, check out islam. Some belive in kill for God and planty of conrolversy. Christianity belive in trinity God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit.

Nevertheless, there are plenty of fake preachers.. Those that does it for money, ofcos you will know them by action. This post proves that you know little about christianity, I suggest you research before posting.
This is blasphemy.

christianity is not the the most divided religion in the world,it is an epitome of division and confusion.there are as many versions of the bible as there are churches.then there is the transcription of those verses which gives them different meaning depending on the person quoting it.

however,i wouldnt place the blame at the feet of jesus who apparently never existed or even yahweh whose only ambition was to seek love from a gang on nutcases.its the gullible followers that are to blame
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Goshen360(m): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
^ Okay, first the problem of division didn't start with us in this generation - It started in the days of the Apostles when false men\Christians (The Judaizers) started distorting the truth revealed to the Apostles. Do you agree?
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by FXKing2012(m): 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
^^^ True but it's nothing like what we have now.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by FXKing2012(m): 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by FXKing2012(m): 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
Goshen360:

It bothers me more than it bother you my brother.

First, there are two dimensions of interpretations namely,

1. The Logos - Proving the TEXT of the written word. That is, TEACHING the TEXT or saying EXACTLY what the TEXT says.
2. The Rhema - Preaching the TEXT as the Spirit of God breathes on it for a message of the PRESENT time.

What saith thou....before I continue? We can further expand on both of the above with examples from scriptures. The former is the ONLY BEST for TEACHING while the later is ONLY BEST for just preaching a message of the moment.

I think the former is what non-Christians and university dons in the departments of religious studies, archeology and history practice. They interprete the Bible based on the texts.

The latter is what ALL preachers claim to do yet we have these divisions. This, really, is where the problem lies which is the cause of my worry. The Holy Spirit is one thus cannot contradict Himself; the Holy Spirit will not give different interpretations of a Bible passage to different people.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
frosbel: Christianity is not a religion for starters.

Because MEN have gone about to establish their own kingdoms and ministries, they are now at cross purposes with GOD.

When we add charlatans, crooks, false brethren etc , you begin to see why we have this pathetic state of affairs.

grin grin grin grin
Another self righteous hypocrite. Your fraudulent united church is better abi?

Only catholics and orthodox churches have the right to make the statement you made since all modern denominations/churches came from the catholic church.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by ijawkid(m): 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Like goshen stated this division had been existing since the time of the apostles......

My 2 cents is this:::::.......until all professed christians follow up strictly the blue print laid down by the apostles we would keep seeing divisions...........also when professed christians stay clear off the world(be no part of the world) there would be less divisions..........
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
ijawkid: Like goshen stated this division had been existing since the time of the apostles......

My 2 cents is this:::::.......until all professed christians follow up strictly the blue print laid down by the apostles we would keep seeing divisions...........also when professed christians stay clear off the world(be no part of the world) there would be less divisions..........

The apostles that you only know of due to a catholic compilation of the bible? Do you know how many acts of the apostles that were removed or voted out of the bible?

You cant escape catholic influence. smiley

Your Jehovah's Witness church is another fraudulent church that has strayed far from Jesus and the apostles.

smiley
---------------------------

Admit it that Christianity is thoroughly divided. "A kingdom divided against itself shall not prosper". Not surprisingly, christianity is dying a slow death- dead in Europe, Stagnant in parts of Asia, dying in USA etc.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by FXKing2012(m): 9:40pm On Mar 14, 2013
^^^ Hmnnn...you always amaze me with your depth.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Goshen360(m): 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
^ Following this thread, I will start a Bible School\Study COURSE tomorrow that will tend towards stemming false teachings and raising bible teachers in the body of Christ that will stand up for the truth and integrity of God's word. I'm preparing the course right now, editing some things out so we don't offend some denominations mentioned but just teach the truth.

I've been thinking of doing the COURSE when I got the material on the Internet but I need to go through it properly before I present it as sound teachings\doctrine. I believe when many from this forum take to this BIBLE COURSE, false teachings will begin to die down in the body of Christ and truth will begin to set men FREE.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Following this thread, I will start a Bible School\Study COURSE tomorrow that will tend towards stemming false teachings and raising bible teachers in the body of Christ that will stand up for the truth and integrity of God's word. I'm preparing the course right now, editing some things out so we don't offend some denominations mentioned but just teach the truth.

I've been thinking of doing the COURSE when I got the material on the Internet but I need to go through it properly before I present it as sound teachings\doctrine. I believe when many from this forum take to this BIBLE COURSE, false teachings will begin to die down in the body of Christ and truth will begin to set men FREE.

I thank gawd that there are other christians that agree with me when I say that you're a self righteous hypo......

You and Frosbel should get married with all your "true body of christ", "sound teachings/doctrine", "true christianity" grin

Who told you or where did you get the authority to teach the true gospel? Hmm? Why is your preaching more real than the catholic or the mormon or the sevn day adventists?

You sound like a Judaizer..........

Trolololo.....sorry just had a bad day and I have gone into troll mode
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Geewan(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
Jaftee: Christianity is not the most divided, check out islam. Some belive in kill for God and planty of conrolversy. Christianity belive in trinity God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit.

This is blasphemy.

Petitio principii: begging the question

So pathetic a comment.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

I thank gawd that there are other christians that agree with me when I say that you're a self righteous hypo......

You and Frosbel should get married with all your "true body of christ", "sound teachings/doctrine", "true christianity" grin

Who told you or where did you get the authority to teach the true gospel? Hmm? Why is your preaching more real than the catholic or the mormon or the sevn day adventists?

You sound like a Judaizer..........

hehehe, atleast you were kind enough to let us know you had a bad day, i'll would have said "cast all your care on christ for he cares for u" then i remembered. That not withstanding a think a good night sleep will do you much good.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe, atleast you were kind enough to let us know you had a bad day, i'll would have said "cast all your care on christ for he cares for u" then i remembered. That not withstanding a think a good night sleep will do you much good.

lol
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by FXKing2012(m): 4:37am On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are an atheist so I'm not surprised you believe in gawd, not in God.

So you think here is where to relieve yourself or let out your frustrations whenever you have a bad day?
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Joagbaje(m): 6:30am On Mar 15, 2013
@OP Christianity is not divided. Multiple church is only for structures . I'd doesn't necessarily mean different doctrines.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Joagbaje(m): 6:33am On Mar 15, 2013
@OP

Christianity is not divided. Multiple church is only for registration . I'd doesn't necessarily mean different doctrines.

Ephesians 4:4-5
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.,
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:34am On Mar 15, 2013
Joagbaje:
@OP Christianity is not divided. Multiple church is only for structures . I'd doesn't necessarily mean different doctrines.
hehehe, go ask d mormons vs jehova witness, catholic vs lutherians. You'll find a clear difference in doctrine.
Re: Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

the above just proved that those who study religion(atheists) know much better than those who practice it.
i advise you study more about other religions before you make such point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members / What If There Is No Afterlife? / Rapper Hopsins Frustration With Christianity: "I'm Fvcking Done!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.