Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? (1573 Views)

How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? / Bully Punished With Bad Clothing: Cruel Or Just? / How Will U Handle Ur Husband's Mistress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Attention(f): 11:05am On Mar 14, 2013
My bully then was the son of a military man, was in primary 5, he made me so scared to go to school, he ate my snacks when i buy them, so i had to hide to buy or even eat them...... when i got fed up continuing like that, had to report to the most feared bully also who slapped him severally and told me in his presence to report to him if he disturbed me again.

Thinking of it now, i just sit back and laugh! U can share urs too and then we can learn how to help our children with such! Though then we had more of public schools but now with private schools dont think such things still happen!
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
Attention: My bully then was the son of a military man, was in primary 5, he made me so scared to go to school, he ate my snacks when i buy them, so i had to hide to buy or even eat them...... when i got fed up continuing like that, had to report to the most feared bully also who slapped him severally and told me in his presence to report to him if he disturbed me again.

Thinking of it now, i just sit back and laugh! U can share urs too and then we can learn how to help our children with such! Though then we had more of public schools but now with private schools dont think such things still happen!
lol mine was in secondary school,one senior girl in ss2 always complained that my skirt is too short and i should go and kneel down under the sun or use my money to buy kenke and if i dont,i shouldnt come back into the school.when i did this for one week and i was extremely hungry and sad,my mum noticed my change in mood that i always come back sad and so she asked me what happened.she said did your teacher cane you in class,i said no,then what happened,i explained to her,men my mom went wild,the next day in school,she told me i should show me the girl,so i did and she said are you that hungry that you will be collecting my hard earned money from my daughter,abi am i the one that said your parents should not give you money,if my daughter complains about this same issue,i will drag you to your parents house,because of the scene she created,the teachers took a lot of time before they could calm her down,omo since that day seniors were afraid of sending me on errands talkless of bullying me.that marked the end of bullying then.if i pass a place,the senior will go and pass another place.i started behaving anyhow and feeling fly.lol
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Attention(f): 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2013
hahahha u have a mother that had time to go, my mother would have preffered to pray about it commiting it to God i prayer. till date cant remember ever fighting as a child cos she would ask me to go inside the house and lock the door while my mates treatned me outside.... childhood experience now as a parent if my child comes home crying after a fight with their mate, he or she must go and fight again. cos it made me live an intimidated life as a child. my parenting style is different from moms!

1 Like

Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by coogar: 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
Attention: hahahha u have a mother that had time to go, my mother would have preffered to pray about it commiting it to God i prayer. till date cant remember ever fighting as a child cos she would ask me to go inside the house and lock the door while my mates treatned me outside.... childhood experience now as a parent if my child comes home crying after a fight with their mate, he or she must go and fight again. cos it made me live an intimidated life as a child. my parenting style is different from moms!

i joined martial arts class and tracked down everyone of my bullies and took my vengeance. i accomplished my mission but one around age 15. all of them were older then i found the last one in a male hostel in UNILAG. i tracked him down one day as he lathered soap on his face and belted him multiple times before running off.

no one bullies me and gets away with it!
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
coogar:
i tracked him down one day as his lathered soap on his face and belted him multiple times before running off.

Bwahahaha!! grin grin Coward!

1 Like

Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by coogar: 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
ileobatojo:

Bwahahaha!! grin grin Coward!

coward?
i wasn't a student of unilag - i was just visiting then i saw my most unrepentant bully. i had looked for him for years until then. i just made enquiries, made a plan and waited for the appointed day. there's nothing as good as dishing revenge.
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2013
coogar:
there's nothing as good as dishing revenge.

Riiight! grin Why did you run? tongue
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by slimyem: 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
I had no bully and was never bullied..!
Dem nor born them...not with my sharp tongue and influence with teachers..grin
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by coogar: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
ileobatojo:
Riiight! grin Why did you run? tongue

cos that's the right thing to do. it's not my territory. he could have easily sparked a mob action against me. his school mates are likelier to back him up than an unknown stranger like myself. 3 of my friends who were unilag students were there as look out men though but it wouldn't be enough should there be wahala.
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2013
coogar:

cos that's the right thing to do. it's not my territory. he could have easily sparked a mob action against me. his school mates are likelier to back him up than an unknown stranger like myself. 3 of my friends who were unilag students were there as look out men though but it wouldn't be enough should there be wahala.

grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by biolabee(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fuuny one.. reminds me of Higher Learning

Hit and run
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
I was a big bully in Primary school: both male and female pupils were afraid of me even teachers too. I was very intelligent, popular and tall for my age so I misused that advantage.

I regret it now; if I ever run into those that I bullied, I intend to apologise profusely.

1 Like

Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by raqueal(f): 12:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
I remember "senior" Bisi. She was my school mother's best friend. Hated me and treated me like a leper. She would announce to her classmates that I was the errand girl for the day. They would give me a long list and poor me would balance plates of food while racing to finish up in order to attend my break time lesson. After a fall out with my school mother over this issue, she banned me from her class and would harass me anywhere she saw me, shouting and barking like a diseased dog.

Then...she repeated SS2 and we became mates. That was how the tiger became a domestic cat after she lost her fangs.
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by biolabee(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
Lol @ toothless kitten

1 Like

Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
Walk away and report them .
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by fELiscatus: 6:51am On Mar 17, 2013
I was the bully in primary school.
Man I was a brat then. . . . .bullied both boys and girls. . . .why they didn't report me to the teachers I will never know.
Secondary school was different however. I was at the receiving end of the bullying there.
But it was a minimal thing and I wasn't specifically targeted or anything.
How I handled it?
I didn't do anything. The bullying didn't involve beating, only ridiculing and sending errands so I was hardly bothered by it.
I just felt disdain and somethin akin to pity for the bullies because I realized that they were only acting the way they did because they wanted to feel good about themselves or because they saw others acting that way.
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by smartmom(f): 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
raqueal: I remember "senior" Bisi. She was my school mother's best friend. Hated me and treated me like a leper. She would announce to her classmates that I was the errand girl for the day. They would give me a long list and poor me would balance plates of food while racing to finish up in order to attend my break time lesson. After a fall out with my school mother over this issue, she banned me from her class and would harass me anywhere she saw me, shouting and barking like a diseased dog.

Then...she repeated SS2 and we became mates. That was how the tiger became a domestic cat after she lost her fangs.

Hm hmm I was miserable for a better half of my 1st primary school until I discovered that what I lacked in size (I was rather skinny and frail as a kid) I could make up for with my mouth so I used it and men, were they scared? wink

But seriously below is a link to another thread like this that I found very enlightening especially for parents of bullied kids:
[url]http://www.nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/topic,156.0.html[/url]
Check on the section on Boosting your child's self esteem.
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by obyikye(f): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
they never born the person that would bully me! I have height and size advantage but never bullied anyone.
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by smartmom(f): 10:10am On Apr 10, 2013
obyikye: they never born the person that would bully me! I have height and size advantage but never bullied anyone.

Really? u never met with real bullies then. Some of them move in groups and gangs for greater effectiveness.

2 Likes

Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by tpia5: 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
obyikye: they never born the person that would bully me!

such a person will surely regret the day he or she was born, if/when they try it with me.

dem mama and papa sef go regret not practicing safe s.ex.
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
I had the privilege of being double . . . . my twin and I could take on ANYONE! cool cool
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by armyofone(m): 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
That scone head bully took nice things my mom gave me.

One of the meanest Barrack gals around.

Come bully me in real life now and get a bullet, American style cheesy
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by mysticgal(f): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
then one ss3 student bullied me as an ss1 student,cos i wore a new coloured singlet my mum bought the previous day,she had always bullied me since i entered that school,but this one was worse,on assembly she asked me to pull the singlet right there,it was a mixed sex school,i and my friends begged profusely but no.i pulled but i swore to revenge,so the right oppourtunity came we were playing in opposite teams in a football game,mehn i followed her and made sure with my canvass,i kicked her hard,in that game she had muscle pull and i also headbutted her,and we both fainted....but i achieved my aim,to my surprise teachers knew about our rilvary but did nothing undecided

1 Like

Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
mysticgal: i also headbutted her,and we both fainted...

grin Lol!

1 Like

Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by Kanwulia: 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
Grew up in decent times. Parents were more involved in their children's lives. We had school mothers, not bullies! cool

Too busy with science projects, lit/debating, inter-house/school, sports/cultural dances/ Independence-day march-parade/drama/poetry/musical recitals to care about such interactions with socio-enormous dregs and misfits!

Bullies came with AWOLOWO'S "under-the-GUAVA-tree" free education mess!

The beginning of CULTISM and ARISTO-RATS!!!! kiss
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by smartmom(f): 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ujujoan: I had the privilege of being double . . . . my twin and I could take on ANYONE! cool cool

Lol, there is power or strength in numbers I hear. Sorry for anyone that crosses twins.
Re: How Did U Handle Ur Bully As A Child? by 2morogobeta(f): 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
stupidly, i did not do anything when people were mean to me

1. i was too shy and timid

2. i was a christian and thought it was God's will

now?

i nor dey tek bull shit/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Couples Celebrate 65years Of Marriage With Lovely Photoshoots / My Angels at my gate (pics) / Help! I Think God Has Forsaken Me And My Life Is About To Be Ruined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.