Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Blackberry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-light Performance We’ve Seen In A Long Time - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-light Performance We’ve Seen In A Long Time (1208 Views)

Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / The Most Surprisingly Gorgeous Smartphone We’ve Seen Is Now On Sale In The U.S. / Skills We’ve Lost Due To Smartphones & Ways To Get Them Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-light Performance We’ve Seen In A Long Time by onegig(m): 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
For the old BlackBerry, a handset's camera was an ancillary feature. But the new hip BlackBerry is supposed to be tuned into how regular people—not just suits—use their phones. The BlackBerry Z10's camera has a chance to prove it's better than the rest. And if our initial low-light camera test is any indication, the camera is a complete failure.

When you're in a dark bar or out on the town at night making memories with your co-workers/friends/family you want your smartphone camera to take a nice photo without having to use flash. This is what low-light performance is all about. As we saw the last time we put a series of flagship phones together, handset shooters have come a long way.

To see if the BlackBerry Z10 could keep up with the pack, we tested its low-light performance against the Apple iPhone 5, Nokia Lumia 920, and Samsung Galaxy S III. We put it to a pretty tough test, burying the above novelty statue in the deepest darkest corner of the office. We didn't use any flash, but if a camera came with built-in night or low-light setting we tried it out to see if it worked better than the automatic setting.

The Z10 didn't even hold the dimmest, most-pathetic light to the other cameras in our test. Look at that photo above on the left. It is an abject and miserable failure. Because this is a particularly difficult shooting setting, all of the photos have problems with noise, distortion, and detail, but we've haven't seen something so crummy as the Z10 in a long time. The Z10 even has a "night" setting that was completely useless. This is some four-years-ago crap.

We've still got some more testing to do with the cameras before we crown a winner—and before we write the Z10 off completely—but this initial test doesn't bode well.
1.Z10

2. Lumnia 920

3. iPhone5

4.GSIII
Re: Blackberry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-light Performance We’ve Seen In A Long Time by ammyluv2002(f): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
Nokia rules though I love my bb o but Nokia na baba at least those picture can testify to this. Blackberry haven't gotten it all right, they are still coming up so I don't expect them to be perfect...Nokia is almost close to perfection.
Re: Blackberry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-light Performance We’ve Seen In A Long Time by onegig(m): 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2013
ammyluv2002: Nokia rules though I love my bb o but Nokia na baba at least those picture can testify to this. Blackberry haven't gotten it all right, they are still coming up so I don't expect them to be perfect...Nokia is almost close to perfection.

abi o..

Nokia rules...but i wish nokia can just allow cross platform use just so that we Android fans can do some crazy stuff with it.
Re: Blackberry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-light Performance We’ve Seen In A Long Time by jdoss: 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
This problem was raised when the phone was initially released. Lots of reviewers said it took terrible low light pictures. However, the first update pushed out by blackberry dealt with a lot of issued raised by users, and this was one of them.
Blackberry claims to have improved the phones ability to take pictures in low light situations. My question is are you running the latest Blackberry 10 software. I am not saying it will make it the best in the world, but it should give a better sense of where the phone currently ranks.
Re: Blackberry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-light Performance We’ve Seen In A Long Time by Joe50(m): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
even my Nokia E6 with 8mega pixel camera and 2 flash led light can snap a clearer picture than lumia 920.
Re: Blackberry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-light Performance We’ve Seen In A Long Time by onegig(m): 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Joe50: even my Nokia E6 with 8mega pixel camera and 2 flash led light can snap a clearer picture than lumia 920.

This is taken with the flash light disabled. The pics were taken in low-light without the aid of flash lights or anything. Upload an image sample of your e6 taking a clearer picture and lets compare.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Top Features / How To Unlock Nokia Lumia 710...help Please / Innjoo Max 2+ Or Gionee M3/M5 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.