Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,184 members, 7,839,031 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! (2622 Views)

Sad News! Governor Oshiomole’s Alleged Secrete Lover Is Dead (photos) / Jim Iyke Spotted With Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State (pic) / Tuface & Annie Receiving Her Prado From Akpabio (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by manpo2k(m): 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
There have been much fuss over Governor Akpabio's gift at the traditional marriage ceremony of Tuface Idibia and Annie Macaulay which was held on Friday 8th March 2013 in Eket Akwa Ibom State. There was media speculations about Friday’s presentation of two SUVs to Nigerian hip pop star, TuFace Idibia, and wife, Annie Macaulay, by Akwa Ibom State governor, Godswill Akpabio, at their traditional wedding and this got a lot of Nigerians railing at the profligacy of public officials. According to the speculations, it was also reported that the lucky couple will also travel in the luxury of the company of 29 delegates from Akwa Ibom to the United Arab Emirate, UAE, courtesy of the governor, who also promised to throw the state’s treasury open to bankroll an all-expense paid trip for the white wedding scheduled for March 23 in Dubai. Lots have been said online and on print media about this issue and now, here's the real deal!

Below is a release by the Akwa Ibom State Ministry of Information. It is good to hear from the real source!

Following spurious and false speculations in the social media concerning the wedding gift by Governor Godswill Akpabio to Mrs. Annie Innocent Idibia, née Macaulay, I wish to state as follows:

1. That the Governor of Akwa Ibom State Chief Godswill Akpabio, donated ONE Prado jeep to Mrs. Annie Innocent Idibia, nee Macaulay a daughter of Akwa Ibom State and renowned artist during her traditional marriage at Eket... [+] Read More HERE http://wetinhappen..com/2013/03/governor-akpabio-replies-tuface.html
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by pipeewa(m): 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2013
The gifts wouldn't have been ill spoken of if our able Governor were not in power. How do we separate your fund from that of the state? That is why it is imperative our office holders are more careful. Most of them don't have good advisers. One would ask what good this bring to the state?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
The Full statement is Very Instructive of The Disconnect Between Our Rulers and we Their Subjects

Following spurious and false speculations in the social media concerning the wedding gift by Governor Godswill Akpabio to Mrs. Annie Innocent Idibia, née Macaulay, I wish to state as follows:

1. That the Governor of Akwa Ibom State Chief Godswill Akpabio, donated ONE Prado jeep to Mrs. Annie Innocent Idibia, nee Macaulay a daughter of Akwa Ibom State and renowned artist during her traditional marriage at Eket .

2. That the State Governor as a token of support for the couple promised to fund the traveling expenses (economy return tickets) for ONLY TWENTY relatives of Mrs. Annie
Idibia Macaulay to Dubai, where the couple have chosen to wed.

3. That looking carefully at the surrounding events in perspective, Mrs. Annie Idibia, nee Macaulay is a daughter of Akwa Ibom State and the gift of a Prado SUV from her governor is only a gesture of love and goodwill. More so, her resolve to stand by her husband in his journey from his days of youthful beginnings to stardom even in the face of challenges was commendable and a true attribute of Akwa Ibom women.

4. That It is however unbecoming that mischief makers and enemies of progress have decided to inflame the social with incongruous reports that the State Government is sponsoring a entourage of party supporters to the wedding in Dubai, when in fact the Government is only sponsoring the travel expenses of twenty of her family members at an estimated cost of roughly Three Million Naira (N3,000,000.00) only.

5. I wish to therefore urge members of the public to discountenance the misrepresentations made out of a well intentioned act of the governor.

Signed
Aniekan Umanah
Commissioner for Information,
Akwa Ibom State

I stand by my earlier post in another thread below:https://www.nairaland.com/1224059/governor-akpabio-buys-bullet-proof-mercedes-benz#14740681

I pity this country. We now have too many generations of Nigerians that have never known good governance and have no idea what it entails. Standards continue to fall to hell everyday and we are in acceptance of grave abuse. What a shame.
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
Funny the usage of the word ONLY twice. Roughly #3,000,000,00 in Nigeria can turn to #30,000,000,00. Well its OPM. This madness is now normal.
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by nitrogen(m): 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2013
I pity us in this country,

Btw, I think I need some 'likes', so, let me ask this 'Has my oga at the top made his comments?'

Thanks.

Seun, No vex oh!
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2013
nitrogen:
Btw, I think I need some 'likes', so, let me ask this 'Has my oga at the top made his comments?'

one of those times i wish NL had the 'dislike' button

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by inpeace: 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
This is getting more intresting: mod please frontpage
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2013
The governor is shameless
What exactly has he said differently from what was already said
Thieves!
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by nitrogen(m): 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
baibijay:

one of those times i wish NL had the 'dislike' button

You wish? Sorry, not this time. cool cool

Meanwhile, I just decided to mock my not too educated oga at the top, and you are here vexing for me, God knows maybe 'my oga at the top' is our daddy. undecided
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
Annie deserves more, but she was given less. Well done Governor Akpabio! Do not mind those poor enemies of progress!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by seunajia: 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
Some NLer have said it's no big deal as "the governor is working..."

Exactly! The poster at the top says it all grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by nitrogen(m): 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
babyosisi: The governor is shameless
What exactly has he said differently from what was already said
Thieves!
Exactly!

No difference at all, it is quite a pathetic case! definitely, the state 'pocket' will bear all that foolish costs. In a state where most of the people live on less than two dollars a day, and we have a scumbag sponsoring 20 relatives of one tuface's babymama.....sorry, 'wife to be' to dubai, abeg, na akwa ibom say make them choose dubai for wedding things ni? Nawa o!!
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by bornosheikh: 10:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
It is time that all those seeking public office declare their personal assets (Naija and abroad) plus bank accounts on entry into public service, during service yearly and also on exit. This should be posted online.

All federal money and budgets should be posted online with contractor breakdowns so we can see where our national cake is going and to increase accountability
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
This whole (social media) brouhaha must have taught Akpabio a lesson. I sense the problem is not the gesture itself, but its public announcement. After all, we all know whatever he spent on the couple is chicken change in comparison with what most politicians and public 'servants' spend on their mistresses.
Re: Breaking News! Governor Akpabio Replies Tuface! by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 15, 2013
nitrogen:

You wish? Sorry, not this time. cool cool

Meanwhile, I just decided to mock my not too educated oga at the top,
and you are here vexing for me, God knows maybe 'my oga at the top' is
our daddy. undecided

God knows the whole bullshìt isn't funny.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Beyonce, Hubby Jayz & Daughter Blue Ivy During Luxurious Italian Getaway / Who Is Your Favourite Pick Here (photo) / Amber Rose Poses Nakaed On The Beach,shares It On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.