Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (265862 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by saintneo(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
Nice one honeric01

NPFL: Beautiful Easter Sunday of football!

What a beautiful Sunday of football in the Nigerian Premier League!

Kano Pillars without doubt as the leader of the league, kicked off today with an away victory at ABS FC. The first goal coming within 44 seconds of the game by Nasiru Ibrahim......

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2013
Week 4/5 result and the current table.

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
Week 5 and 6 fixtures.

Kano pillars leading the pack while the rest follow behind. cool

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
Dolphins vs Heartland is going to be a cracker same with Kano pillars vs Sunshine stars.

if you're in Kano or PH, you should go see any these matches.
cool cool

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:50am On Apr 01, 2013
Pillars win on the road again

Kano Pillars beat ABS FC 3-2 in Week 5 of NPFL

Pillars got their second away win after defeating ABS FC 3-2 at the Kwara State Stadium, Ilorin, on Sunday.

Nafiu Ibrahim put visiting Kano Pillars ahead in the opening minute of the game before Gambo Mohammed doubled Pillars’ advantage seven minutes later.

Abdulrahman Bashir, who was the highest goalscorer in the League last season, missed several chances to pull one back for ABS as the visitors held unto their lead going into the break.

Lordson Ichull converted a 20-yard free-kick for ABS before Buhari Musa restored Pillars’ two-goal cushion. Ichull struck again later in the game, but it was not enough to ignite a comeback.

WEEK 5 RESULTS
Shooting stars 3-2 Wikki Tourist
Enyimba 0-0 Warri Wolves
Sharks 0-0 Dolphins
Nembe City 2-1 El Kanemi
ABS 2-3 Kano Pillars
Heartland 4-0 Gombe United
Enugu Rangers 3-1 Kwara United
Akwa United 3-0 Bayelsa United
Nasarawa United 3-1 Kaduna United

Article by: Uche George Egbe

http://www.kickoff.com/news/33535/kano-pillars-beat-abs-fc-3-2-in-week-5-of-npfl
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 01, 2013
The Kano Pillars are riding high. Kudos to them.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2013
CFCfan: The Kano Pillars are riding high. Kudos to them.

They have always been riding high, the rest are pretenders, Enugu Rangers o, Heartland o, Lobi o, 3SC o, all of them na wash. grin

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

They have always been riding high, the rest are pretenders, Enugu Rangers o, Heartland o, Lobi o, 3SC o, all of them na wash. grin
Don't worry, it's a matter of time before they start getting whipped by the other big boys at their home side too. I am sure they can't beat Enyimba, Rangers, Sunshine away from home.
What can you say about Sunshine of this season? Are they still flying high? I am looking forward to their match against Pillars; got to be a cracker.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
RedReact:
Don't worry, it's a matter of time before they start getting whipped by the other big boys at their home side too. I am sure they can't beat Enyimba, Rangers, Sunshine away from home.
What can you say about Sunshine of this season? Are they still flying high? I am looking forward to their match against Pillars; got to be a cracker.

They just flogged 3SC 2:0, do you think Sunshine stars can stand them? Enyimba is a shadow of itself, they won't even make top 4 this season, Heartland, Rangers and Wolves are the only contenders i see. grin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by pabloaimar(m): 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
I rep LOBI STARS of makurdi,
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

They just flogged 3SC 2:0, do you think Sunshine stars can stand them? Enyimba is a shadow of itself, they won't even make top 4 this season, Heartland, Rangers and Wolves are the only contenders i see. grin
Don't worry, they are coming to Ibadan and I am sure Rangers will flog them too. I can't say much about Sunshine Stars but they can pull something there.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
RedReact:
Don't worry, they are coming to Ibadan and I am sure Rangers will flog them too. I can't say much about Sunshine Stars but they can pull something there.

they'll likely draw with rangers and maybe beat 3sc. Pillars hardly sell their players and this has worked for them.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Which kain club be ABS wey allow Kanp pillars to trash them for house. I think they should be relegated to division 12. Anyways, Kano pillars have played mediocre oppositions thus far. They will drop points when they meet the biggest boys.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
Afam4eva: Which kain club be ABS wey allow Kanp pillars to trash them for house. I think they should be relegated to division 12. Anyways, Kano pillars have played mediocre oppositions thus far. They will drop points when they meet the biggest boys.
The mediocre teams can still beat them too, and I strongly believe they will loose to other strong teams away from home.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
Afam4eva: Which kain club be ABS wey allow Kanp pillars to trash them for house. I think they should be relegated to division 12. Anyways, Kano pillars have played mediocre oppositions thus far. They will drop points when they meet the biggest boys.

so abs is now a mediocre opposition, yet nembe city dealt with heartland? check out the log to find out where abs is compared to other clubs like sharks, 3sc, dolphins, enyimba, kaduna utd e.t.c.

You can't help it, kano pillars is not a club you can wish away, 2 away wins in 3 awah games. Hehehe
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
RedReact:
The mediocre teams can still beat them too, and I strongly believe they will loose to other strong teams away from home.

other clubs should stop selling their players as if they can't survive without selling most of their stars.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

so abs is now a mediocre opposition, yet nembe city dealt with heartland? check out the log to find out where abs is compared to other clubs like sharks, 3sc, dolphins, enyimba, kaduna utd e.t.c.

You can't help it, kano pillars is not a club you can wish away, 2 away wins in 3 awah games. Hehehe
We will see when Pillars meets the likes of Rangers, Enyimba, 3sc, Heartland away.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by saintneo(m): 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
Guys, chill! This is just the beginning. If Kano Pillars can come off two away wins already, we should be impressed. ABS almost recovered in the match. Nevertheless, Kano Pillars are yet to face Enyimba, Rangers, Wolves, Heartland & Shooting stars
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
saintneo: Guys, chill! This is just the beginning. If Kano Pillars can come off two away wins already, we should be impressed. ABS almost recovered in the match. Nevertheless, Kano Pillars are yet to face Enyimba, Rangers, Wolves, Heartland & Shooting stars
My point exactly. Rangers have faced tougher opposition compared to Pillars. Though i'm not wishing away the fact that Pillars is also a very good thing but unfortunately there's a better team in rangers.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by olapluto(m): 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
SHOOTING STARS goals of the month of March shown below. A shame we havent scored any away goals yet, but guys look at the quality of the goals, stadium and all. Anyone who understands Yoruba can hear the guy on the loud speaker telling Gbolahan Salami to please not remove his shirt during celebration for goals. I see Salami as Nigeria's future striker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RtAhXGvNNrU#!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
ola_pluto: SHOOTING STARS goals of the month of March shown below. A shame we havent scored any away goals yet, but guys look at the quality of the goals, stadium and all. Anyone who understands Yoruba can hear the guy on the loud speaker telling Gbolahan Salami to please not remove his shirt during celebration for goals. I see Salami as Nigeria's future striker.
Gbolahan Salami looks like a Rashidi Yekini. he doesn't have the physique of a footballer but he's good.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by olapluto(m): 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Gbolahan Salami looks like a Rashidi Yekini. he doesn't have the physique of a footballer but he's good.
The guy is very good, but very very hot tempered. I'll say he's Rooney + Balloteli in one. Unfortunately he's injured and may miss the next game.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by saintneo(m): 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
ola_pluto: SHOOTING STARS goals of the month of March shown below. A shame we havent scored any away goals yet, but guys look at the quality of the goals, stadium and all. Anyone who understands Yoruba can hear the guy on the loud speaker telling Gbolahan Salami to please not remove his shirt during celebration for goals. I see Salami as Nigeria's future striker.
great video....great goals

Balo+Roo= Baloney.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
We will see when Pillars meets the likes of Rangers, Enyimba, 3sc, Heartland away.

lol, don't worry, we'd all see how they'd handle these clubs. Infact is it enyimba that drew with a small club at home or 3sc that's leaking in goals? Heartland is an on and off club and they're likely to be beaten too.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
I hope everyone realizes that the only unbeaten club this season is Rangers.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
My point exactly. Rangers have faced tougher opposition compared to Pillars. Though i'm not wishing away the fact that Pillars is also a very good thing but unfortunately there's a better team in rangers.

the better club is the one with the most points and wins and they remain masu gida lol
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
Afam4eva: I hope everyone realizes that the only unbeaten club this season is Rangers.

having alot of draws won't win you the league o.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

having alot of draws won't win you the league o.
It's better to draw than to lose. Enugu has only two draws. One at home against Warri wolves and the other away against Kaduna united. Whereas Pillars has lost an away game. Rangers hasn't lost any. The quality of teams we've played will also be a determining factor.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by olapluto(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
Highlights of Shooting Star's last match against Wikki. Leading comfortably at 3-0, then sluggish to allow Wikki back to 3-2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhU89QxkaVo#!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's better to draw than to lose. Enugu has only two draws. One at home against Warri wolves and the other away against Kaduna united. Whereas Pillars has lost an away game. Rangers hasn't lost any. The quality of teams we've played will also be a determining factor.

enugu rangers drawing at home is more expensive than pillars losing one game away. No draw is better than a win especially a home draw. You know why pillars is topping? Because draws won't push you up like a win. You need 3 draws to be at par with just one win. There's no opposition pillars can't match in the league, the past 5 years is a testimony!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
ola_pluto: Highlights of Shooting Star's last match against Wikki. Leading comfortably at 3-0, then sluggish to allow Wikki back to 3-2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhU89QxkaVo#!

to win the league, a club must stop leaking goals at home. 3sc playing with fire!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
honeric01:

lol, don't worry, we'd all see how they'd handle these clubs. Infact is it enyimba that drew with a small club at home or 3sc that's leaking in goals? Heartland is an on and off club and they're likely to be beaten too.
3SC always has this silly record of not playing up to full capacity away from home, so 'leaking in goals' isn't really about this season alone, but if the team can pull the magic like they did towards the end of last season, then they can win some and draw some. Pillars will still drop, I am certain of that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.