Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Technology Services - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Technology Services (1948 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technology Services by Bolaji4349(m): 5:26pm On May 07, 2006
Technology Services:  Technology Services

!
Re: Technology Services by wiseguy(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2006
I dare to ask. Please share.
Re: Technology Services by gbengaijot(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2006
Re: Technology Services by Rare(m): 1:24pm On May 08, 2006
Bolaji Yusuf. I also dare to ask.
We are waiting. The suspense is killing me!!!
Re: Technology Services by okenzo(m): 7:53pm On May 09, 2006
How did you acquire all this knowledge.
Please dont hesitate sharing and if you dont mind can i have ur mobile phone cos i tried calling the landline u gave and its not goin thru.
Re: Technology Services by Bolaji4349(m): 10:45pm On May 09, 2006
!
Re: Technology Services by gbengaijot(m): 8:08am On May 10, 2006
Do you personally own five PC's at home?, i own only one laptop and i plan on buying another one in august anyway.
Re: Technology Services by okenzo(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2006
Please will you help in setting up the network connection if called up.
What is a KVM switche
Re: Technology Services by Rare(m): 8:23pm On May 10, 2006
Man!!! Bolaji you're certainly giving me a lot of hop and encouragement.

we need to know more !!!! Just fill this place with some info at least once a week to follow up this one you posted. Let it be an IT "soap opera"
Re: Technology Services by segs4eva(m): 12:39am On May 11, 2006
U must be a guru. all these skills just on you, its great! Question: Any certification, and please tell us.
more ororo to ur elbow
Re: Technology Services by Bolaji4349(m): 10:57am On May 11, 2006
!
Re: Technology Services by kimba(m): 11:22am On May 11, 2006
hhmmm
I dont have all those certifications, though, but yes, i have a virtual lab in my house, and yes, i can do all that.
Re: Technology Services by gbengaijot(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2006
how do i set up virtual pC's?
Re: Technology Services by flyKUDE(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2006
All of this sounds interesting to me.i'm studying for a ccna.but i have lots of interest in security,what do you suggest.and for that virtual pc simulation??
Re: Technology Services by dannyxyz: 2:00pm On May 11, 2006
does anyone know where i can get on hands linux training and ccnp, cwna braindumps will appreciate it
Re: Technology Services by okenzo(m): 5:27pm On May 11, 2006
is there anyone staying around surulere so that we can meet and share knowledge and exchange ideas. i have a system at home with redhat and xp os. hoping to set up a lab soonest.
Re: Technology Services by Bolaji4349(m): 7:09pm On May 11, 2006
hi okenzo

i have try to send you an email, you will get it on your email address then we can arange on how it will happen the time factor or probaly you can call me.
Re: Technology Services by Rare(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2006
It seems i am a little behind. I'm just starting training in lieu of the CCNA .

My goodness, Bolaji, how did you manage to get all that certification? Were you trained for them; or you practiced on your own?? , and I must add the "dough" that has gone into taking all those certification tests

@Kimba; you give me even more hope!!!. Does it mean nobody discriminates against you for not having these certifications?

Let's ride on,
flyKUDE:

All of this sounds interesting to me.i'm studying for a ccna.but i have lots of interest in security,what do you suggest.and for that virtual pc simulation??

FlyKUDE, are you in any of the training institutes in Abuja?
Re: Technology Services by dominobaby(f): 10:40am On May 16, 2006
Hi g.u.y.s. I really am interested in networking. I stil am studying elect/elect, and i was priviledged to do my i.t in an ISP and it opened me up to a lot of things. Any help will be appreciated. I intend taking some of these certs next yr when i'l b in lag fully. Bolaji, holla!!!
Re: Technology Services by ade2000: 6:07pm On May 17, 2006
i will like to know you man.
Re: Technology Services by habumaks(m): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2006
very interesting topic u gat here. Im just running an internet cafe. This is really tempting u knw. lol
Re: Technology Services by sbucareer(f): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2006

Bolaji4349 is right but for those of you who do not have that financial luxury of having 10 - 15 Pc and couple of network devices i.e. router, switch, repeater, modem etc.

All you have to do is to hack windows 95. If you can hack windows 95, you are half way already. You cannot just wake up one morning and become a Network Engineer just by listening to Bolaji4349. He has said it all, you need some serious network at home, and that is the bottom line.

To learn Network Engineer, you should be able to:

1. Build a PC (Not only building a PC, know the different chipsets i.e. the difference between DIMM and SIMM, FSB, MHz, Transistor, insulator, capacitor, Hard drive what is RPM when we talk about hard drive, controllers, PSU etc.

2. Physically over clock your CPU and tell us the difference. Can you access the CPU cache memory? Can you access the main memory, RAM?

3. When you delete a hard drive (empty). and pop in an installation disk or floppy why do the PC automatically execute installation wizard?

4. What is POST in computer and CMOS, not just their meaning but their purpose in computer

These are the little but important things you should know. How does OS (Operatring System) seats on top of PC? What is conventional, high and extended memory?

5. File partition, FAT, FAT32, NTFS, etc. what are these, can I write my own FAT

Now, try and hack window 95, I keep saying window 95 because that is the OS that brought about networking.

Ask yourself if i want to call someone on the phone, how do I do that? First you need that person phone number, this is networking already but you do not know.

To communicate with another computer is like placing a call, you'd need that persons phone number. In computer phone number is replaced by IP (Internet Protocol)

This is not the only communication channel in computer, just that it is very popular and supported by large application and software.

Also try and read disadvantages of IP. We have others like

1. UDP
2. IPX
3. Netbeui
4. NetBOLLIX
5. NetBIOS
6. AppleTalk
7. TCP

And lot of other protocol.  Why some Network Engineers make money to others is that they know how to configure lots of these protocol to communicate with each other on the same network or disperse network.

You only need to know how they work, the code and program is embedded in the network device so you rarely see these things. But you must know how to program there interface.

Look at Internet for example it is a one big network that is controlled by nobody. Every protocol must talk to each other and yet maintain security and accommodate new ones.

When you buy a PC and connect to the Internet you are simply joining the network. So if you can do that you can do the work Bolaji4349 is doing.

All those technologies he said he knew MUST communicate with the network or internet in some form and MUST use some communication protocol. I am impressed with his achievements at the age of 24 but you can do better.

So start hacking windows 95 and good luck. Nobody can EVER teach you, your profession. Is either you know it or you don't, and knowing it requires hard work and enthusiasm.

Re: Technology Services by sbucareer(f): 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2006

Your first task is to find a friend from Nairaland that live near you or other part of the world, decided upon yourselfs to do this by trying to login into one other computer without using a third party software. Use windows Net use and IP address. Don't try and hack each other IP, just exchange IP's and create a shared folder you can hack.

If you can do that you are on your way up. Now try to learn how to physically connect two PC to talk to each other. Don't use DHCP. Use static IP and always provide the gateway and subnet mask.

If you do not know these things do google search. Don't let people spoon feed you. I might be lying to you, how would you know? So always do your own research.

Finally, try to bridge one network into two different network. Try and find how many PC is allowed on a single network segment?

Man, read and read and ask questions here that is why this forum exists.

Re: Technology Services by phunsho: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2006
Anyone can help,I want to take CCNA but would love it to be self tutored.
Re: Technology Services by olubaji(m): 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2006
Nice one peps, not everybody is got the financial lux to have such connection, niether would they have access to materials to study or have a firm to hire them as trainee staffs. so i believe it is best for people who are interested to source for information and those that have information should share the info.
supporting a network could be a lot of headache from securing,maintaining communication types,cisco based solution and management to administration,configuration and implementation of windows,unix/linux and so on.
its a very tough,dynamic and diverse part of IT as it encompasses virtually everything.
Re: Technology Services by esquire(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2006
Hi nairalanders av been around for quite a while now but av been taking my time 2 read all the threads. what Bolaji & sbcareer pointed out is really awesome. My question is that can one really get all dis networking stuffs goin 2 d likes of Aptech, Niit, Comptech etc. Post it lets see
Re: Technology Services by boloco(m): 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2006
i have the latest cisco exam dumps, if you are interested, you can email me at aaadewunmi@yahoo.com or call 08033871450, Bola
Re: Technology Services by skbello: 8:05am On Sep 21, 2010
I WANT TO SAY I QUITE RESPECT YOUR WAYS OF LIFE because NOT EVERYBODY WILL LOVE TO SHARE THIS, AM ALSO AN ENGINEER LIKE YOU AND I WILL APPRECIATE IF WE CAN COMMUNICATE AND SHARE SOME IDEA TOGETHER. NOTE: YOU CAN ALWAYS CREATE TIME OUT OF NO TIME ONLY IF YOU WISH.

MY CONTACTS ARE: neyo100@yahoo.com, 08034687494

(1) (Reply)

Forget Iwp Rather Use Your Freedom Software To Browse Free / Public IP Address Usage / Get All Your Computer Accessories Delivered To Your Doorstep Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.