Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

Help a startup, please! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Help a startup, please! (1376 Views)

Online Grocery Startup Value4naira.com Hoping To Survive In A Competitive Marke / African Startup "Vidi360" Is The New Home For Nigerian & African Videos / Startup Grind Lagos Set To Host Tayo Oviosu Of Pagatech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help a startup, please! by iaabc(f): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
Please I need everyone's help. I'm just starting out as an event planner and I would like your patronage. The name of my outfit is Red Carpet Events. Please tell your friends, colleages and loved ones. I promise to render the best and most affordable service too. Pleeeeassse just spread the word and give me a chance will ya?
Re: Help a startup, please! by Godmother(f): 7:38am On Jun 06, 2013
Nice. But u didn't drop a contact for those interested to reach u; a phone no, email or BBM pin
Re: Help a startup, please! by sassygal(f): 9:38am On Jun 06, 2013
Give us reasons to refer you. Why do u think you are better than the thousands of planners available! What are you offering? What experience/exposure do you have in events?

Push out sentiments, sell/market yourself!

For a startup, you need to build a portfolio, so right now, you should forget profit and start begging people to plan their events free of charge.

My first ever solo event was from Nairaland, told her upfront that I was new but will do it free so she has nothing to loose. So impressed were they, that I got a fat cheque, I was not expecting and lots of referrals. 3years later, she still thanks me!
Re: Help a startup, please! by Chartey(m): 3:29am On Sep 10, 2015
sassygal:
Give us reasons to refer you. Why do u think you are better than the thousands of planners available! What are you offering? What experience/exposure do you have in events?

For a startup, you need to build a portfolio, so right now, you should forget profit and start begging people to plan their events free of charge.

My first ever solo event was from Nairaland, told her upfront that I was new but will do it free so she has nothing to loose. So impressed were they, that I got a fat cheque, I was not expecting and lots of referrals. 3years later, she still thanks me!

And you had to say all these on her thread? Very sensitive of you.
Re: Help a startup, please! by sassygal(f): 10:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Chartey:

And you had to say all these on her thread? Very sensitive of you.

And you are?
Re: Help a startup, please! by Chartey(m): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2015
sassygal:

And you are?
You could have advised her without advertising yourself as a bigger competitor.
I think my previous comment was insulting, I'm sorry.
Re: Help a startup, please! by sassygal(f): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Chartey:

You could have advised her without advertising yourself as a bigger competitor.
I think my previous comment was insulting, I'm sorry.

Do you honestly believe a 'competitor' would advise an opponent? Whatever you believed is in your head alone! The sky is big enough for every bird to fly, besides she may not even be in my vicinity for me to want to compete with and I asked those questions because they are pertinent!

Where in the initial post did the op prove that she was capable of handling events, no qualities listed, no experience stated or you expect people to patronize based on sentiments?

Please be careful of insinuating rubbish
Re: Help a startup, please! by Chartey(m): 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
sassygal:

Do you honestly believe a 'competitor' would advise an opponent? Whatever you believed is in your head alone! The sky is big enough for every bird to fly, besides she may not even be in my vicinity for me to want to compete with and I asked those questions because they are pertinent!

Where in the initial post did the op prove that she was capable of handling events, no qualities listed, no experience stated or you expect people to patronize based on sentiments?

Please be careful of insinuating rubbish
I'm sorry please. Poor judgment from me.
Re: Help a startup, please! by princedanalyst: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
i like what u wrote and it would be inspirational to young start ups, i run a marketing buiz and i offer my clients free services and most times i get paid after they make sales....pls do add me o whatsapp 08169361485, let me add you to the entrepreneur forum, would def need pople like you.
sassygal:

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Successful Wedding (pics) / Amazing Photos From A Nairalander Introduction Ceremony / Build Stencil Backdrop And Walkway At Cheap Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.