Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Unpardonable Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unpardonable Sin (1292 Views)

What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You / Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. / All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unpardonable Sin by sidespin: 9:25am On Mar 16, 2013
SIN UNTO DEATH AND THE SIN NOT UNTO DEATH (1Jn5:15-16

John is saying here that if we ask God to forgive someone, this is according to His Word and according to His will, and He will do it. Some years ago, I was holding a meeting near my hometown in Texas when I received a call that my grand-mother had fallen into a coma and was near death at her home. Each night after the evening service I drove back to her home and would sit up with her through the night. She never regained consciousness.

The third night as I sat there I prayed, "Dear Lord, I'm so sorry I didn't pray with Granny the other day when I visited her." I knew Granny was a Christian and loved the Lord, but there are sins of omission as well as commission and I could see where she had missed it. (Others can see where I have missed it. We can see where others miss it sometimes better than we can see ourselves.)

So I prayed, "Lord, I wish I had prayed with her. Just let her revive so I can have a word of prayer with her. (She was elderly and I knew in my spirit she was going to go.) Let me make sure there isn't any unconfessed sin in her life." As I prayed, Someone said, "Why don't you ask Me to forgive her?" It was so real it startled me. I jumped out of the chair and the Bible on my lap scooted across the floor and under the bed.

"Who said that?" I asked. I thought someone had heard me pray-ing and was teasing me. However, I found no one when I looked around the room and outside the door. I sat back down and began to study, but I couldn't concentrate, so I started to pray again.

"Lord, why don't You bring her out of it and let me have a word of prayer with her to see that she doesn't die with any unconfessed sin in her life?" Again that Voice said, "Why don't you ask Me to forgive her?" I jumped again and said, "Someone is playing tricks on me." But a check into the bedrooms of everyone else in the house revealed that they were sound asleep.

I went back to Granny's bedroom and tried to study, but I could not, so I began to pray again. When I did, He said the third time, "Why don't you ask Me to forgive her?" This time I had the presence of mind to remember that Eli had told the child Samuel to answer when God called. I realized it was the Lord, and I answered, "Me ask You?"

He said, "Yes, you ask Me. Don't you know that my Word says in First John 5:16, 'If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them...' ?"

I turned the pages of my Bible to that Scripture and read it. "That's right. That's exactly what it says! All right, Lord, I ask You. Please forgive her. You can forgive her of these things that I can see of omission, and of anything else that she didn't see or I don't see, You forgive her." He said, "All right, I have."

I thanked Him for it. To me that settled it. Can't you see that this was according to His will? The last part of that verse does make an exception, however. It says, "... there is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it." How will we know if a person has committed this sin unto death? We will only know this as the Holy Spirit reveals it to us.

This has happened to me only two times in my life when I have been praying for someone and the Lord showed me that there was no need to pray for them, because they had sinned the sin unto death.

What is this sin unto death? First, John is not talking about physical death here, but about spiritual death. This isn't a sin that an unbeliever can commit. It is a sin only a Christian can commit, for he used the term "brother."

Let us look into the Book of Hebrews to find out more about this. HEBREWS 6:4-64For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

HEBREWS 10:26-29 26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three wit nesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

The sin God is talking about here is not the sin of lying, cheating, or something like that. God offers forgiveness for such sins. There is no forgiveness, however, for those who have "trodden under foot the Son of God.. . . "

The Hebrew Christians to whom this book was written were under great persecution and were tempted to go back to Judaism. When they accepted Christ, they were cut off from their families, ran into financial hardships, and faced numerous other trials. But God warned them in these Scriptures that to go back to Judaism was to deny Christ. It was to say that they would be counting "the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing," or, in other words, that Jesus' blood was just common blood like any other man's. Let us remember that as long as a person stays in Christ, he is eternally secure. But we don't want to forget that there is a sin unto death. (Kenneth E. Hagin)
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by PastorOluT(m): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2013
(Kenneth E. Hagin)
[/quote]
Is this actually a quote from Kenneth?
I will like to know which of his book i can find this, and i will also want you to shed more light to the sin that are unpardonable, like give examples. Though i quite agree that there are unpardonable sin but its not the ones believers commit, for once a believer ask for forgiveness he will be pardoned.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by sidespin: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: (Kenneth E. Hagin)

I will like to know which of his book i can find this, and i will also want you to shed more light to the sin that are unpardonable, like give examples. Though i quite agree that there are unpardonable sin but its not the ones believers commit, for once a believer ask for forgiveness he will be pardoned.

Firstly a sinner or an unsaved person can not commit the unpardonable sin.
In Heb 6v4-5 the Lord Jesus told us thru the great apostle Paul those who can commit the unpardonable sin;
1- the person must have been ENLIGHTENED - ie coming to a state where he/she knows that he/she is a sinner n needs
2- the person moves the tasting the HEAVENLY GIFT - which is accepting the Lord Jesus as Saviour
3- PARTAKING or becoming SHARERS wt d H0LY SPIRIT - this 3rd stage is wen the person receives d infilling of the H0LY SPIRIT wt d evidence of speaking wt other tongues
4- PARTAKING D GOOD WORD OF GOD level. This is a superb level. A level where u constantly feast on d Word daily, compulsorily n consistently. Some devours d bk of Mark @ a seating n eats God's WORd that way then u'll necessarily enter d LAST LEVEL;
5- PARTAKERS OF THE POWERS OF D WORLD to come. @ dis stage, Jesus d head of d chch now permit u to taste of the powers of the World to come. U command the Power of GOD.
Anyone who reaches this 5-level can NEVER be brot back into d faith if such one REJECTS Jesus. Ie Is d SIN AGAINST d H0LY GHOST. Its not for baby-christians.
Also a Christian can sin dis SIN unto death, d unpardonable sin or sin against d Holy Spirit by condemning the miraculous acts of God in another's ministry due to envy n jealousy. D Pharisees knew that Christ was really anointed of God, but purposely accused of using Satan's pwa to cast devils. Jesus sternly rebuked them telling them d implication of such acts.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by sidespin: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: (Kenneth E. Hagin)

Firstly a sinner or an unsaved person can not commit the unpardonable sin.
In Heb 6v4-5 the Lord Jesus told us thru the great apostle Paul those who can commit the unpardonable sin;
1- the person must have been ENLIGHTENED - ie coming to a state where he/she knows that he/she is a sinner n needs
2- the person moves the tasting the HEAVENLY GIFT - which is accepting the Lord Jesus as Saviour
3- PARTAKING or becoming SHARERS wt d H0LY SPIRIT - this 3rd stage is wen the person receives d infilling of the H0LY SPIRIT wt d evidence of speaking wt other tongues
4- PARTAKING D GOOD WORD OF GOD level. This is a superb level. A level where u constantly feast on d Word daily, compulsorily n consistently. Some devours d bk of Mark @ a seating n eats God's WORd that way then u'll necessarily enter d LAST LEVEL;
5- PARTAKERS OF THE POWERS OF D WORLD to come. @ dis stage, Jesus d head of d chch now permit u to taste of the powers of the World to come. U command the Power of GOD.
Anyone who reaches this 5-level can NEVER be brot back into d faith if such one REJECTS Jesus. Ie Is d SIN AGAINST d H0LY GHOST. Its not for baby-christians.
Also a Christian can sin dis SIN unto death, d unpardonable sin or sin against d Holy Spirit by condemning the miraculous acts of God in another's ministry due to envy n jealousy. D Pharisees knew that Christ was really anointed of God, but purposely accused of using Satan's pwa to cast devils. Jesus sternly rebuked them telling them d implication of such acts.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by PastorOluT(m): 1:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
Anyone who reaches this 5-level can NEVER be brot back into d faith if
such one REJECTS Jesus. Ie Is d SIN AGAINST d H0LY GHOST. Its not for
baby-christians.
Also a Christian can sin dis SIN unto death, d unpardonable sin or sin
against d Holy Spirit by condemning the miraculous acts of God in
another's ministry due to envy n jealousy. D Pharisees knew that Christ
was really anointed of God, but purposely accused of using Satan's pwa
to cast devils. Jesus sternly rebuked them telling them d implication of
such acts.[/quote]
I 'll get back 2 u later in d day, i'll need my laptop 4 dis. I quite understand where u r coming 4m bt u get it all mixed up, dose dat have tasted d Heavenly not being able 2 turn back 2 d Lord according Romans 6, bt turning back 2 d Lord is quite diff 4m being pardoned.
D unpardonable sin is simply d sin against d Holy Ghost as mentoned by Jesus, dis was i thought u wanted 2 say, like i said we discuss it later in d day.
HAPPY SUNDAY

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Wednesday 27th March 2013 Relating With Enemies By Pa / Kenya: SHOCKING: How Human Hair Weave Leads To Death / Ex-chosen Member Expose Pastor Lazarus In His.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.