Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? (2329 Views)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / 9 Reasons To Stop Getting Hurt And Disappointed With People / Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
Pls,ow do i pick bk the pieces of my life and move on again happily
My boifrend(ex) of 6yrs hurt me so bad...now i av bcum a shadow of mysef as every reasonable guy i meet no longer intrest me....to make matters worse my mum who has bn my strength and friend travld and am all left alone with my tots.
Pls help me cry sad
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by baby124: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Give yourself time. And please don't date anyone for more than 2yrs again. All these long relationships are just long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mysticgal(f): 3:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
pick up the piece of your life and fight on let him see you can do without him.cry out all the tears in ur gland,clean your eyes,smile and forget.
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
Sorry about what you went through. Just try to get busy. Disappointment happens to all of us. Of course you will be sad but you mustn't let it consume you. Plan daily activities ahead of time and follow through. Fun activities, charitable ones, just plan to do something daily so you don't have to wallow in sorrow.

If all else fails, you know what they say: the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. lipsrsealed

*you don't have to take that literally but you get the gist*
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by raqueal(f): 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Time brings healing. Cut off calls, go out, talk to friends but don't have a rebound. You'll be fine at the end of day.
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by BabaOyo(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2013
Eeya...this is serious.
I suggest you find friends or other family to stay around with since you said ur mum travelled.
Concentrate on other activities you like, be happy, it might be an opportunity to choose someone better!!
Cheer up, life can be unfair atimes but in the long run, you will look back & smile! Don't keep looking at the closed door so you don't miss the opened one!
Olorun a wa pelu e o, amin!!!
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 10:56am On Mar 18, 2013
Gracias y'all.....
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 10:58am On Mar 18, 2013
Baba Oyo: Eeya...this is serious.
I suggest you find friends or other family to stay around with since you said ur mum travelled.
Concentrate on other activities you like, be happy, it might be an opportunity to choose someone better!!
Cheer up, life can be unfair atimes but in the long run, you will look back & smile! Don't keep looking at the closed door so you don't miss the opened one!
Olorun a wa pelu e o, amin!!!
Baba oyo Hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by greatgod2012(f): 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
The fact is that we've all been there at one time or the other........the best thing for you is just to let go, engage in your favourite activities, play your favourite music, make and visit more positive-oriented people, pple that will add value to your life, and always remind yourself that, 1. Its a phase, it will surely pass, 2., that human beings will always be human beings, forgive him and forget about him, "omi ti eeyan ma mu, ko ni san koja e"......look beyond him and it shall be well.
May God help us all.
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
greatgod2012: The fact is that we've all been there at one time or the other........the best thing for you is just to let go, engage in your favourite activities, play your favourite music, make and visit more positive-oriented people, pple that will add value to your life, and always remind yourself that, 1. Its a phase, it will surely pass, 2., that human beings will always be human beings, forgive him and forget about him, "omi ti eeyan ma mu, ko ni san koja e"......look beyond him and it shall be well.
May God help us all.
Thank u ma....started my masters alredy....its jst so hard starting alova but i wil dfinatly pull tru.. Eshe gan...
Amen
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by greatgod2012(f): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
mawuqueyan:
Thank u ma....started my masters alredy....its jst so hard starting alova but i wil dfinatly pull tru.. Eshe gan...
Amen

you are welcome ma, thats the spirit, may God guide you and annoint you with balm of gilead, which is what you need now, another and better opprtunity and man will soon come your way, its not how far, my sister, its how well, you will be surprised the way God will do it, if you allow Him. Take care, you have taken the right step by starting your masters degree now, that will even help you better and earlier to forget about him, ......and always remember......."all things works together FOR GOOD for those who love God, so ,move on, it is well.
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by 2goodbobo(m): 4:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
You might be depressed now but the only thing I can tell you for now is that you are not alone. God is there for you and he will never leave you. Is well gurl. Be strong.
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
Gimme ur address let me be smashing you and keeping u company with my "Kondo" grin
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
Take it that the broken relationship is you dodging the bullet. Imagine if you had married him and he turned another way you cant get out as easily now

If he was meant for you, He wouldnt have gove

Oju ti a ba ni kale, ki ti aaro se ipin

(What is ipin in English}
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
^^What the heck? Has baba oyo infected everybody in this place?!
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
^^ I wan show am say Awa ara Oyo po nibiyi

Aji sebi Oyo laari, oyo ki se bi baba enikankan
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by BabaOyo(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
ileobatojo: ^^What the heck? Has baba oyo infected everybody in this place?!
hahaha...plenty trouble dey ooo!!
Let us not derail this thread for the Op abeg!!
@Dayokanu...which area be ur own for Oyo? Hehehe....ur head is obviously present!!!!
Aji se bi Oyo laari, Oyo ki I se bi baba eni kankan!!
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
^^ For Oyo State I get mouth for Oyo town I get mouth I mean

I be Oyo Mesi to the core.

Oyo Mesi oro

I am from Oyo State Ibadan Ile Oluyole Ibadan Omo ajorosun, Oyo oyo Alaafin Ojo pa sekere Omo atiba or Ogbomosho Ogbomojugun Ogbomoso omo afi ogbo ja
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
2goodbobo: You might be depressed now but the only thing I can tell you for now is that you are not alone. God is there for you and he will never leave you. Is well gurl. Be strong.
Amen...tnk you so much...
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ori mi wu grin

OP listen to @greatgod and @ baba Oyo 's advices.... I wish you all the best in life, there's light at the end of the tunnel. kiss
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
solidbroda: Gimme ur address let me be smashing you and keeping u company with my "Kondo" grin
Tnk Ɣ☺ΰ sir buh ii don't want your kondo! grin
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
dayokanu: Take it that the broken relationship is you dodging the bullet. Imagine if you had married him and he turned another way you cant get out as easily now

If he was meant for you, He wouldnt have gove

Oju ti a ba ni kale, ki ti aaro se ipin

(What is ipin in English}
True! Tnk you sir...
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
jidegirl12: Ori mi wu grin

OP listen to @greatgod and @ baba Oyo 's advices.... I wish you all the best in life, there's light at the end of the tunnel. kiss
I will ma....tnk you kiss
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
Thank you all for your 1derful advice....ii wil do as you av all said...God bless you kiss
@baba oyo,you almost derailed my thread buh tnk you for making me smile smileyGod bless you....
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by BabaOyo(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
mawuqueyan: Thank you all for your 1derful advice....ii wil do as you av all said...God bless you kiss
@baba oyo,you almost derailed my thread buh tnk you for making me smile smileyGod bless you....
Sorry ma'am.....not my intention to derail o!!
U are always welcome!!
Ewe kan o le jabo l'ara igi ki Olorun ma Mo si!!
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by Pataki: 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2013
Too late to contribute?

I personally object to relationships that last more than two years without any serious committment being taken by the man. It totally devastates a lady when it all comes crumbling down.

However as usually and often said: a broken relationship is most preferable than a destroyed marriage. So in this wise, be happy that it all ended so sooner than later.

Please cry your eyes out. Do not bottle up the tears and emotions. Relive every good moments shared and tell yourself the bitter truth - it is all over and let it all go once and for all. Find a good friend in this case your mom and let her be your confidant. It is not going to be easy, but some of us have been down this road before. You will surely survive it.

Furthermore, mingle with friends and colleagues the more. Find things that will excite you and take your mind away from him. There is nairaland to make you smile and frown as well. Go through some old threads here and you will see that people have gone through worse ordeals and they survived.

More importantly, never have a closed mindset about men. When I was once heartbroken several years back, I decided to write an article in Punch Newspaper, it got published unexpectedly with my mobile phone contact as well included. It was an article about women being deceptive snakes. I was hurt and frustrated. LOL. Boy! I was bombarded by calls from the female gender across the nation. I was insulted by calls and text messages. LOL.

But looking back over the years, I wished I had not been bitter about it. The broken relationship made me understand myself better, knowing that I truly deserve something far more better.

So stay positive......it may seem difficult, but definitely most expedient that you keep positivity at all times.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by mawuqueyan(f): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
Pataki: Too late to contribute?

I personally object to relationships that last more than two years without any serious committment being taken by the man. It totally devastates a lady when it all comes crumbling down.

However as usually and often said: a broken relationship is most preferable than a destroyed marriage. So in this wise, be happy that it all ended so sooner than later.

Please cry your eyes out. Do not bottle up the tears and emotions. Relive every good moments shared and tell yourself the bitter truth - it is all over and let it all go once and for all. Find a good friend in this case your mom and let her be your confidant. It is not going to be easy, but some of us have been down this road before. You will surely survive it.

Furthermore, mingle with friends and colleagues the more. Find things that will excite you and take your mind away from him. There is nairaland to make you smile and frown as well. Go through some old threads here and you will see that people have gone through worse ordeals and they survived.

More importantly, never have a closed mindset about men. When I was once heartbroken several years back, I decided to write an article in Punch Newspaper, it got published unexpectedly with my mobile phone contact as well included. It was an article about women being deceptive snakes. I was hurt and frustrated. LOL. Boy! I was bombarded by calls from the female gender across the nation. I was insulted by calls and text messages. LOL.

But looking back over the years, I wished I had not been bitter about it. The broken relationship made me understand myself better, knowing that I truly deserve something far more better.

So stay positive......it may seem difficult, but definitely most expedient that you keep positivity at all times.
kiss kiss kiss gracias!
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by Youngpo413: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
Lol
Re: How Do I Let Go Of The Hurt And Move On Again??? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
The Lord is your strength.
Accept that you cannot change in your life. Some people only come into your life to teach you a lesson, good or bad. Learn from it and move on. Don't lose hope, there will be that one guy out there who will make you realise why it didnt work with all the other guys you have met.

(1) (Reply)

Help, My Sister Is In Abusive Marriage / Nigerian Man In Shock After Finding Old Naira Notes Stashed Under Bed By Wife / My Awful Experience With My Friend's Son That Visited Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.