Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor (1242 Views)

Final Year LASU Student Killed In An Accident Caused By Stray Cow. / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Donmichaelz(m): 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
Proffesor Jimmy Lawrence said these at a meeting with some heads of universities in Abuja..he said and i quote" Most nigerian gratuate find it difficult to get jobs because most of them (almost 70%) were given a Course countrary to what they want to study,and in doing so,they loose the zeal and charisma in that course and end up graduating as UNFULFIELD GRADUATE. If a student wants to study medicine,engineering,etc give him/her the opportunity and see if you will not reduce unemployment..What a man is good at,thats where is success lies"

NL do u agree with these?
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Acidosis(m): 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
100% correct.

And also, Nigerian States and Federal universities offer obsolete BSc. courses.
They do not offer new generational courses like BSc. Intelligence and security studies, BSc. Accounting and fraud detection, BSc. Entrepreneural studies, BSc. Insurance, BSc. Banking (Internet), BSc. Telecommunication management..
(courtesy: of a Nigerian private university, the so called "glorified sec schools"wink

The only existing courses in our Govt schools are those introduced 50years ago.. No addition, no subtraction... e.g Animal science, Veterinary medicine, Physics..
And virtually all the graduates from these departments end up in one of the aforementioned new generational fields...

Its funny some Federal unis still offer B.Ed Integrated science Education... even when the subject no longer exist in our primary & secondary schools grin

2 Likes

Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Acidosis: 100% correct.

And also, Nigerian States and Federal universities offer obsolete BSc. courses..
They do not offer new generational courses like BSc. Intelligence and security studies, BSc. Accounting and fraud detection, BSc. Entrepreneural studies, BSc. Insurance, BSc. Banking (Internet), BSc. Telecommunication management..

The only existing courses are those introduced 50years ago.. No addition, no subtraction... e.g Animal science, Veterinary medicine, Physics..
And virtually all the graduates from these departments end up in one of the aforementioned new generational fields...

Its funny some Federal unis still offer B.Ed Integrated science Education... even when the subject no longer exist in our primary & secondary schools grin
are these courses ? i have never heard of them
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Acidosis(m): 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
adaobi123:
are these courses ? i have never heard of them
lol... you school abroad na cheesy

BSc Intelligence & Security studies is a home based course aimed to target boko haram grin

1 Like

Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
Acidosis:
lol... you school abroad na cheesy

BSc Intelligence & Security studies is a home based course aimed to target boko haram grin
ohhhh i see grin
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Acidosis(m): 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
adaobi123:
ohhhh i see grin
yes dear... *winks*

1 Like

Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Osumare2013: 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
He's not totally correct. The course u graduated with is not a yardstick to ur success...the prob is dat apart frm d fact dat there are few jobs available...the govt hasn't provided d right kinda environment for graduates to develop themselves and be successful. Most of the idle graduates we hav here, if sent to a country like the US, they'll break records in no time no matter the course they finished with.
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
To some extent, he's right. I know some Universities that just gather large numbers of students by giving them opportunity to study another course. Most of these students end up unfulfilled.
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
Donmichaelz: Proffesor Jimmy Lawrence said these at a meeting with some heads of universities in Abuja..he said and i quote " Most nigerian gratuate find it difficult to get jobs because most of them (almost 70%) were given a Course countrary to what they want to study,and in doing so,they loose the zeal and charisma in that course and end up graduating as UNFULFIELD GRADUATE. If a student wants to study medicine,engineering,etc give him/her the opportunity and see if you will not reduce unemployment..What a man is good at, thats where is success lies"

NL do u agree with these?

Emm, are you sure you are really "quoting" the professor?
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Donmichaelz(m): 6:26am On Mar 18, 2013
pro01:

Emm, are you sure you are really "quoting" the professor?
smiley Typing error.is Emm an english word?
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by hollermeelaycon(m): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Hw e take resemble dem sef, abeg make we dey take sense talk 4 NL oooo, pipo wey graduate beta nko yet no job, pipo wey read wetin dem get passion 4 d same tin, mheen dt Prof. Is a fluke hw do u no beta of wat u r nt part of, come Naija n u go c say ur view go change, no be say make u dey havard dey postulate theory wey no gel.
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 18, 2013
Donmichaelz: smiley Typing error.is Emm an english word?

Emm, I never claimed 'emm' was an "english" (sic) word, but you did claim to be quoting the professor. Tell us, are those his words or yours?
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by Donmichaelz(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2013
ask GooGLE
Re: 80% Unemployment Is Caused By Nigerian Universities- HARVARD Professor by nobleboy288(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
YES I STRONGLY I AGREE WITH YOU

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Prof. Festus Iyayi Murdered? Gun Hole Found On Corpse / Give This Poor Boy An Escape Plan. / See The 7 Richest Countries In The World.. The List Will Shock You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.