Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread (177316 Views)

Pls Advice On Which To Buy Btw Tecno D5 And L3 / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by jspac(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
See question grin 'Can it multitask.'
It's an android phone running on ics for christ's sake.

2 Likes

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
Who dey buy?
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by evido78: 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
The D5 is a crap just like D3. Their ba3 drain too quickly. Its greatest setback is d lack of 3G. Downloading HD games and oda application is almost impossible. Youtube and webtv are no go areas. It runs on ics, but of what use is a ferrari without tyres? Dont waste ur money. N3 is by far better.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
evido78: The D5 is a crap just like D3. Their ba3 drain too quickly. Its greatest setback is d lack of 3G. Downloading HD games and oda application is almost impossible. Youtube and webtv are no go areas. It runs on ics, but of what use is a ferrari without tyres? Dont waste ur money. N3 is by far better.
Tell them oo.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BrightDeGea(m): 7:45am On Apr 02, 2013
Pls stop calling this device crap if you luv 3g go for other device, can u make a phone? No, sumone was asking if it can multi task, for Christ sake its an ics and a dual core of course it can, those of us saying that tecno will kill thier market because of this device i say to u that u are so wrong, they make different device make it cheap with sum options u can choose the one that suits u, if u need a complete phone here are some, HTC one, sony xperia z, samsung galaxy s3,s4, Nokia Lumia 920, get one of these if u ar luking for mr. Complete, God Bless You.

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by leslieu63(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bright De Gea: Pls stop calling this device crap if you luv 3g go for other device, can u make a phone? No, sumone was asking if it can multi task, for Christ sake its an ics and a dual core of course it can, those of us saying that tecno will kill thier market because of this device i say to u that u are so wrong, they make different device make it cheap with sum options u can choose the one that suits u, if u need a complete phone here are some, HTC one, sony xperia z, samsung galaxy s3,s4, Nokia Lumia 920, get one of these if u ar luking for mr. Complete, God Bless You.
actually i have complete samsung galaxy note 2, htc sensation 4g and a tecno d5.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bright De Gea: Pls stop calling this device crap if you luv 3g go for other device, can u make a phone? No, sumone was asking if it can multi task, for Christ sake its an ics and a dual core of course it can, those of us saying that tecno will kill thier market because of this device i say to u that u are so wrong, they make different device make it cheap with sum options u can choose the one that suits u, if u need a complete phone here are some, HTC one, sony xperia z, samsung galaxy s3,s4, Nokia Lumia 920, get one of these if u ar luking for mr. Complete, God Bless You.
stop takng sides tecno did a really stupid job in dis device how can u have and android fone(which is definately an internet device) without 3g.goodness! What were dey thinking..its just like producing a computer without wifi or external modern slot

2 Likes

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by oprah007(m): 12:43am On Apr 03, 2013
Got the Tecno D5 yesterday @14.5k and I must say dat d lack of 3g on dis smartphone is a big minus. Can't whatsapp smoothly, take ages to load pix on facebook.....and other countless disadvs. Planning to give my Kid-bro and return to my BB for now.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by judajix(m): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
why wld u be asking weda android can multitask, 2go dose r minor nd bro it is dual core it plays hd games smoothly
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by judajix(m): 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
oprah007: Got the Tecno D5 yesterday @14.5k and I must say dat d lack of 3g on dis smartphone is a big minus. Can't whatsapp smoothly, take ages to load pix on facebook.....and other countless disadvs. Planning to give my Kid-bro and return to my BB for now.
bro facebook app is slow on everyandroid apart from lte enabled ones
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by oprah007(m): 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
judajix: bro facebook app is slow on everyandroid apart from lte enabled ones
Well Understood Bro but the lack of 3g makes internet connectivity exceptionally slow on D5. U get me?

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 11:44am On Apr 05, 2013
Surprisingly, the D5 is now scarce in jos. My friend wants to buy it, We have spent the whole of yesterday looking for it but it was out of stock i tried to convince him to buy N3 knowing that it is better but he was hell bent on buying this D5.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kamaye: Surprisingly, the D5 is now scarce in jos. My friend wants to buy it, We have spent the whole of yesterday looking for it but it was out of stock i tried to convince him to buy N3 knowing that it is better but he was hell bent on buying this D5.
Let him call me if he can pay the waybill price, alongside the Tecno D5 price
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 3:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
BizBloke: Let him call me if he can pay the waybill price, alongside the Tecno D5 price
How much?
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kamaye: How much?
Price: N13,500. Waybill: N3,000
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
BizBloke: Price: N13,500. Waybill: N3,000
will tell him if he's still interested.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kamaye: will tell him if he's still interested.
Alright. Awaiting your feedback.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by soullove87: 11:20am On Apr 07, 2013
most people do come online to start fummy paparazi on top sometin do have no knowledge about, comparing phones wt their prices matter a lot. I have used tecno n3 ñ7 and d5. the fact is all d phone has some unique characteristics and sincerely d5 beat a lot wt d price of sold. d 2g or edge network is very fast and browse faster than n3 on the edge range. d download on d5 fine using google store don't fail even wen u switch off d phone or ur money finished unless u cancel it intentionaly. the battery is very ok only dat it drain faster frm 100 to 73% and wen reach around 35 u can still mutitask for about 6 hours. wen download, u can turn off d screen lite and dat will automaticalky save ur battery. dat unique function can't b found on any oder phone. d5 has a screen resolution same as n7 which gv u a better image dan n7 bcs n7 has big screen and small resolution which gv out a blung. u can as well increase ur network by downlaod network strength frm google store. above all it has higher ram dan n7 and n3 coz it user ram is clock at 500mb ram ñ7 clock at 430 mb ram and n3 clock at 340mb ram.. download ram booter and u will find it or running application frm tecno settings. for dos who talk about 3g how many functional 3g do we hav around and power us wt better experience. d typing on d5 and multitasking is superb and hardly will d system closs ur app like n3 and n7. the smartest and big sensible screen is an applause. don't judge tecno , judge a phone like nokia who sold c6 and n97 for 38000 naira wt just 35mb user out of 120mb. God bless tecno, I don't miss my curve 4.

8 Likes

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by soullove87: 11:20am On Apr 07, 2013
most people do come online to start fummy paparazi on top sometin do have no knowledfe about, comparing phones wt their prices matter a lot. I have used tecno n3 ñ7 and d5. the fact is all d phone has some unique characteristics and sincerely d5 beat a lot wt d price of sold. d 2g or edge network is very fast amd browse faster than n3 on the edge range. d download on d5 fine using google store don't fail even wen u switch off d phone or ur money finished unless u cancel it intentional. the battery is very ok only dat it drain faster frm 100 to 73% and wen reach around 35 u can still mutitask for about 6 hours. wen download, u can turn off d screen lite and dat will automaticalky save ur battery. dat unique function can't b found on any oder phone. d5 has a screen resolution save as n7 which gv u a better image dan n7 bcs n7 has big screen and small resolution which gv out a blung. uvcan as well increase ur network by downlaod network strength frm google store. above all it has higher ram dan n7 and n3 coz it user ram is clock at 500mb ram ñ7 clock at 430 mb ram and n3 clock at 340mb ram.. download ram booter and u will find it or running application frm tecno settings. for dos who talk about 3g how many functional 3g do we hav around and power us wt better experience. d typing on d5 and multitasking is superb and hardly will d system closs ur app like n3 and n7. the smartest and big sensible screen is an applause. don't judge tecno , judge a phone like nokia who sold c6 and n97 for 38000 naira wt just 35mb user out of 120mb. God bless tecno, I don't miss my curve 4.

3 Likes

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^ This phone is useless without 3G
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by soullove87: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
oprah007:
Please how does d internet connectivity fare? And can it multitask,2go and play HD Games well?
Awaiting Ur Response. Thanks.

u dnt need to ask such ? the fact is d wifihotspot on d5 enough worth d phone. I dey browse wt my phone n oder bb user still dey connect on top ham and fast lik get.to connect on it, search using other wifi device to connect even wtout sim card. bold5 were sold 4 90000 wtout dis unique function. and for dos who said whattapp is slow trow ur sim inside d river and get a better network frm oder provider like zain. I am downloading rite nao my friend were browsing wt my wifihitspot ( wireless) and am bado, whatapp is on, facebook is on and am even using mtn 4 nao wt mozilla in minumize mode and chrome for typing on nairaland all goes for 13600 naira. I don't regret selling my n7 and dasin away my n3. d ram is fantastic. wtout 3g u can do a lot. how many 3g do we have most 3g don't even connect and pple were gracing mouth as if all d nook n cranny of naija nah 3g. I dey use e7 and is now on vacation wt my c6.

5 Likes

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by soullove87: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
oprah007:
Please how does d internet connectivity fare? And can it multitask,2go and play HD Games well?

u dnt need to ask such ? the fact is d wifihotspot on d5 enough worth d phone. I dey browse wt my phone n oder bb user still dey connect on top ham and fast lik get.to connect on it, search using other wifi device to connect even wtout sim card. bold5 were sold 4 90000 wtout dis unique function. and for dos who said whattapp is slow trow ur sim inside d river and get a better network frm oder provider like zain. I am downloading rite nao my friend were browsing wt my wifihitspot ( wireless) and am bado, whatapp is on, facebook is on and am even using mtn 4 nao wt mozilla in minumize mode and chrome for typing on nairaland all goes for 13600 naira. I don't regret selling my n7 and dasin away my n3. d ram is fantastic. wtout 3g u can do a lot. how many 3g do we have most 3g don't even connect and pple were gracing mouth as if all d nook n cranny of naija nah 3g. I dey use e7 and is now on vacation wt my c6.

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by soullove87: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
oprah007:

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
I can see the speed is causing tripple posts hehe

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by OCTAVO: 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
soullove87:

That‘s why your posts are appearing like 3 times repeatedly!
Mschteeeew... 2g my foot!
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
Brainrex: I can see the speed is causing tripple posts hehe
hahaha lwkmd abi..multiple post.e dey even call airtel,what does airtel have to offer on edge 10-45kb dats what u want to be using constantly..smh..dey there oh:do u think ur in the states where u can get edge for 400kb-700kb.continue using edge oh..i so am nt gonna even advise anyone to get d device sef.stick to n3 or upgrade to infinix devices(xcluding d 2g own).xoxo....
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2013
soullove87: most people do come online to start fummy paparazi on top sometin do have no knowledfe about, comparing phones wt their prices matter a lot. I have used tecno n3 ñ7 and d5. the fact is all d phone has some unique characteristics and sincerely d5 beat a lot wt d price of sold. d 2g or edge network is very fast amd browse faster than n3 on the edge range. d download on d5 fine using google store don't fail even wen u switch off d phone or ur money finished unless u cancel it intentional. the battery is very ok only dat it drain faster frm 100 to 73% and wen reach around 35 u can still mutitask for about 6 hours. wen download, u can turn off d screen lite and dat will automaticalky save ur battery. dat unique function can't b found on any oder phone. d5 has a screen resolution save as n7 which gv u a better image dan n7 bcs n7 has big screen and small resolution which gv out a blung. uvcan as well increase ur network by downlaod network strength frm google store. above all it has higher ram dan n7 and n3 coz it user ram is clock at 500mb ram ñ7 clock at 430 mb ram and n3 clock at 340mb ram.. download ram booter and u will find it or running application frm tecno settings. for dos who talk about 3g how many functional 3g do we hav around and power us wt better experience. d typing on d5 and multitasking is superb and hardly will d system closs ur app like n3 and n7. the smartest and big sensible screen is an applause. don't judge tecno , judge a phone like nokia who sold c6 and n97 for 38000 naira wt just 35mb user out of 120mb. God bless tecno, I don't miss my curve 4.
have you ever tried downloading a file of 2GB on edge network? Until you successfully accomplished that then we can debate on wether D5 is good enough or not.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by OCTAVO: 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
Kamaye: have you ever tried downloading a file of 2GB on edge network? Until you successfully accomplished that then we can debate on wether D5 is good enough or not.
Don't mind the guy jare! Let him go and do a torrent download of 1gig+, it is then that he will know the difference between 3g and 2g.
May be he thinks browsing is all about Facebook and NL.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BrightDeGea(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2013
I prefer the Q1 to this 3gless D5
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by oprah007(m): 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
Well, Everyone is entitle to his/her opinion. But as for me, D5 ain't got wat I want as am an heavy downloader. Waiting for d Q1 though. Can't wait to get my hands on it. All in all, thanks to Tecno for a Cheaper World of Smartphones. Tecno is now proving extremely hazardious to d likes of Nokia, LG, Apple, Samsung.....
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2013
I have downloaded fifa12 on my N3 over 1.5 gig of data in about 3hrs with glo 3g network.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by gulfer: 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2013
Is it rootable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

How To See Hidden Number That Call You / Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.