Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours (3038 Views)

Hidden Islam: Nicolo Degiorgis Charts The Challenges Of Being Muslim In Italy / Captured Israeli Soldier Fasts Ramadan / Any Igbo Muslim In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by faroukbabs: 11:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
NUUK: Wassam Azaqeer, a Lebanese, who lives in a country surrounded by icebergs called “Greenland”, is the only Muslim in this state who is fasting daily for 21 hours with full determination.
Greenland is the largest island in the world; lies between the North Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean; a self-governing province of Denmark.
According to an Arab TV report, Wassam Azaqeer, who is living in Greenland from the past several years and has been called “Arab Columbus” as he is the only Arab Muslim who not only managed to live in Greenland-despite for its long and difficult journey, but also running a successful business in the capital city of Greenland called Nuuk.
Wassam, is running his own restaurant where he receives 200 customers each day.
The month of the Ramdan,this year, came in summer so Wassam has to fast for 21 hours and after Aftari he only got 2 hours to prepare for Sehri to start next fast.
In these 2 hours Wassam, also has to offer his Maghrib and Isha prayers. Wassam says that he is very proud Muslim to be living on a state where he is the only one fasting and praying in the name of Allah.
He says he sometimes think about going to Lebanon in this holy month but he stops himself by thinking that if left Greenland, there wont be anyone to fast and pray on this land.
http://jazbablog.com/2011/08/08/the-only-muslim-in-greenland-who-fasts-for-21-hours/

Subhanallah!!!. May almighty Allah grant us patience and steadfastness
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by fELiscatus: 6:49am On Mar 18, 2013
faroukbabs: He says he sometimes think about going to Lebanon in this holy month but he stops himself by thinking that if left Greenland, there wont be anyone to fast and pray on this land.
What?
Abeg let him travel if he wants to travel. Allah doesn't need the fasting and prayers of any of His creatures.
Also, there are some regions in the world where there is no Muslim fasting and praying constantly yet life goes on.
Kudos to the brother though. I wish him the best in this life and in the hereafter.
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by ghazzal: 9:05am On Mar 18, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:

What?
Abeg let him travel if he wants to travel. Allah doesn't need the fasting and prayers of any of His creatures.
Also, there are some regions in the world where there is no Muslim fasting and praying constantly yet life goes on.
Kudos to the brother though. I wish him the best in this life and in the hereafter.
You may not understand. That is Islam encouraging the Love of God and the Spirit of Selflessness. May Most High God in His mercy grant him the Reward and make it easy for him. May God make Good deeds easy for us as well.
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by fELiscatus: 10:21am On Mar 18, 2013
ghazzal:
You may not understand. That is Islam encouraging the Love of God and the Spirit of Selflessness.

Salamualaikum ghazzal! smiley
You are right, I might not understand.
Can you explain to me how his deciding to stay in Greenland is selflessness?

May Most High God in His mercy grant him the Reward and make it easy for him. May God make Good deeds easy for us as well.

Amin!
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by deols(f): 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:

What?

You are talking from both sides of your mouth.

Kudos to the man.
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by ghazzal: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:

Salamualaikum ghazzal! smiley
You are right, I might not understand.
Can you explain to me how his deciding to stay in Greenland is selflessness?

Amin!

His reason was that how can there be such a big place with no one to worship God ideally, and because of that he is fasting for longer hours without anything to benefit physically and his only aim is that Someone is worshiping God on this island: how else will we define selflessness-It is easy for him i guess to go to Lebanon to fast then return after the ramadan period.
He is not only fasting but also propagating Islam as it was easy to conclude that Islam cannot be practiced in Greenland- this he has disproved.

1 Like

Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by fELiscatus: 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
deols:

You are talking from both sides of your mouth.

Kudos to the man.

undecided
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by fELiscatus: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
ghazzal:

His reason was that how can there be such a big place with no one to worship God ideally, and because of that he is fasting for longer hours without anything to benefit physically and his only aim is that Someone is worshiping God on this island: how else will we define selflessness-It is easy for him i guess to go to Lebanon to fast then return after the ramadan period.
He is not only fasting but also propagating Islam as it was easy to conclude that Islam cannot be practiced in Greenland- this he has disproved.

Ok, I understand.
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by fELiscatus: 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
So deols. . . .how am I talking from both sides of my mouth?
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by maclatunji: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:
So deols. . . .how am I talking from both sides of my mouth?

Your writing is familiar.
Re: The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours by fELiscatus: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
^familiar to whose writing?

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group For Ahlu Sunnah / Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) / Nigerian Islamic Leaders Condemn Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.