Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1213898 members, 1574471 topics. Date: Friday, 01 August 2014 at 02:56 PM

Any Igbo Muslim In The House - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any Igbo Muslim In The House (3546 Views)

The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours / The Dilemma Of The Muslim In The US Presidential Election / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (Go Down)

Any Igbo Muslim In The House by chukwudi44(m): 11:23am On Feb 19, 2009
please am just being curious.Just wnt to find if igbo muslims exist am yet to see one
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Lagosboy: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2009
There are certainly igbo muslims and i have come across some but i dont think or know if there is any on NL
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by muhsin(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2009
Greetings,

Am sorry to go a bit off topic, but I would really like to say; Igbo people, among other Nigerian tribes, do hardly convert to Islam as far as I know. Any idea on why this is so? Thanks for your response(s).

Muhsin
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Jarus(m): 10:25am On Feb 20, 2009
muhsin:

Greetings,

Am sorry to go a bit off topic, but I would really like to say; Igbo people, among other Nigerian tribes, do hardly convert to Islam as far as I know. Any idea on why this is so? Thanks for your response(s).

Muhsin
It is so because Islamic preaching efforts are not as strong in Igboland. Imagine this: A neighbour that went to serve in Enugu state said when he was performing ablution, the kids around were watching him, amazed at what he was doing i.e they had never seen somebody do that before. When he mentioned Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) to them, they didn't know who he was. Their best guess was 'Murtala Mohammed, former president. That is how ignorant they are about the message of Islam.

Those that heard about Islam and converted got to know about Islam when they travelled to West/North or overseas. I know one Igboman that heard about and accepted Islam in Dubai. A very high ranking executive in my company from Delta state, for example, is a Muslim and he finished from the University of Liverpool. He converted to Islam(and converted his mother too). I think he learnt about Islam and accepted in UK.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Lagosboy: 11:44am On Feb 20, 2009
Thats interesting. I know of a good number of Nigerians here in the UK that reverted to Islam but its on the contrary in Nigeria due to poverty and superstiscious beliefs

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by babs787(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2009
It is so because Islamic preaching efforts are not as strong in Igboland. Imagine this: A neighbour that went to serve in Enugu state said when he was performing ablution, the kids around were watching him, amazed at what he was doing i.e they had never seen somebody do that before. When he mentioned Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) to them, they didn't know who he was. Their best guess was 'Murtala Mohammed, former president. That is how ignorant they are about the message of Islam.

Similar story of a brother that did his NYSC in Enugu. He normally travelled far to observe Jumah prayer and when trying to pray at home, they would gather around him trying to know what he wanted to do.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by muhsin(m): 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2009
Thank you very much, brothers, or that info.

And there are lots o these stories rom friends and relatives who mostly served their NYSC on Igbolands or even some few Yorubas, even. But harly that happen in North, I think
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Jarus(m): 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2009
Surely, that cannot happen in teh north
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by olabowale(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2009
Nigerians in Nigeria, need not portray Islam as a tribal or regional religion. neither the Makkan nor the Madinan can even do that, since Muhammad (AS) is the Messenger and prophet for all mankind.

There are enclaves in the pure Igboland, where Islam is not a stranger. Enugu has masjid, even way back when, because my friend is married to an Enugu woman. He had said that he went to masjid in that city for prayers. I guess one need to know where to go, especially when you are new. Then the Nigerian Muslims need to make plenty Dawah, all over the places; north, south, east, west, central, etc.

We still must make dawah on ourselves, because we do things that are not Islamic, more often than not.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Jarus(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2009
Thanks Egbon Olabowale,
By Enugu the people telling us the story most likely meant Enugu state,not Enugu city. Being a big city and state capital, Enugu will definitely have Mosque, but the places being referred to are most likely other towns and villages in Enugu state.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by dayokanu(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2009
Just like xtianity in the North. SOme corpers in Jigawa state would travel to Bauchi to worship.

The Only church in Basirka, Gwaram Local govt had been burnt by Moslems.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by muhsin(m): 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2009
olabowale:

Nigerians in Nigeria, need not portray Islam as a tribal or regional religion. neither the Makkan nor the Madinan can even do that, since Muhammad (AS) is the Messenger and prophet for all mankind.

There are enclaves in the pure Igboland, where Islam is not a stranger. Enugu has masjid, even way back when, because my friend is married to an Enugu woman. He had said that he went to masjid in that city for prayers. I guess one need to know where to go, especially when you are new. Then the Nigerian Muslims need to make plenty Dawah, all over the places; north, south, east, west, central, etc.

We still must make dawah on ourselves, because we do things that are not Islamic, more often than not.

Well said, Olabowale.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by babs787(m): 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2009
Though there is a Central Mosque in Enugu but Muslims travel far in order to observe Jumuah. Its not like North, South or West where you have osques here and there. Most Muslims observe prayers at home with tow or more fellow Muslims
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by scripture: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2009
Igbo are not and cannot be muslims cos both Allah and mohamed does not make sense to the ordinary igboman.
a god and a prophet that sends people to shed blood must be dumb.
again for anybody to follow hausas to worship whatsoever they worship must have a rethink. i did my nysc in kano state and during the riots the hausa muslims killed yoruba muslims including alfas and imams. the fact is that igbos can only follow a being  that is wiser than them,which is what mohmed and Allah lacks. so if the yorubas want to join hausas in their idiocy thats up to them but leave the igbos out.
some igbos that claim to be muslims are there cos of what they stand to gain,cos they know that muslims are guliable and ready to part with their money,so whats the big deal in following them to knock ur fore head on the ground a couple of times and stand,face the sun and mumble some gibbrish,if u get headache paracetamol will do and if ur eye sight goes bad due to sun rays u buy a contact lense.

so Allah and co needed to be wise if they need the attention of we igbos .

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by mukina2: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2009
scripture:

Igbo are not and cannot be muslims cos both Allah and mohamed does not make sense to the ordinary igboman.
again for anybody to follow hausas to worship whatsoever they worship must have a rethink. i did my nysc in kano state and during the riots the hausa muslims killed yoruba muslims including alfas and imams. the fact is that igbos can only follow a being  that is wiser than them,which is what mohmed and Allah lacks. so if the yorubas want to join hausas in their idiocy thats up to them but leave the igbos out.
some igbos that claim to be muslims are there cos of what they stand to gain,cos they know that muslims are guliable and ready to part with their money,so whats the big deal in following them to knock ur fore head on the ground a couple of times and stand,face the sun and mumble some gibbrish,if u get headache paracetamol will do and if ur eye sight goes bad due to sun rays u buy a contact lense.

I wonder who allowed you to use a computer
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Jarus(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2009
scripture:

again for anybody to follow hausas to worship whatsoever they worship must have a rethink. i did my nysc in kano state and during the riots the hausa muslims killed yoruba muslims including alfas and imams. the fact is that igbos can only follow a being that is wiser than them,which is what mohmed and Allah lacks. so if the yorubas want to join hausas in their idiocy thats up to them but leave the igbos out.

Welcoming the latest fool in NL. . .

Soon you will know you have two lives!
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Lagosboy: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2009
how are we sure he is not using a pseudo name
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by mukina2: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2009
my thoughts too . .hmmm
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by VENUSS(f): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2009
@scripture nd spiral i guess u r christians didnt ur bible tell u judge not.

betta star praying 4 ur souls cos am not going to judge u. GOD[Allah] will

it mite be to late den repenttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, u fools , unbelivers lipsrsealed
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Mustay(m): 11:23am On Mar 01, 2009
Until you go to the South East, you wouldn't know how many Muslims we have yet.

Just like someone said there weren't Chinese Muslims. shocked
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Jarus(m): 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2009
Mustay:

Until you go to the South East, you wouldn't know how many Muslims we have yet.

Just like someone said there weren't Chinese Muslims. shocked
Who said this? 1.5% of Chinese are Muslims( 19 miliion plus).
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Mustay(m): 10:01pm On Mar 01, 2009
Despite the fact that Nigerians stated their religion status during the 2006 population census, NPC deliberately omitted that data inn their result for "religious reasons". Most people here are writing based on NO FACT. The more reason why I mentioned China is due to their cultural background; the same is usually adopted for the Ndigbo pikins.

Go to the South east and tell me you won't see Muslims there before posting.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by keyne(f): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2009
Igbos know better than to dabble in islam
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by muhsin(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2009
keyne:

Igbos know better than to dabble in islam

Are they (or u) that dumb? grin
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by seeklove: 2:02am On Mar 14, 2009
Igbos hate unnecessary sheding of blood. They respect and value human life. Even the ancients Igbos, before Christianity came, they respected human life and love peace.

Islam has no regard for the lives of non muslims and this barbaric Arabic philosophy will not be accepted by the Igbos who are already more evolved philosophically that the Arabs.

Christianity easily won over the Igbos because it is peaceful and respects human life, even the life of an enemy.

Those that think that Igbos have not been exposed to Islam are wrong. Igbos have long been exposed to it, even today Igbos all over the world are exposed to Islam. Sometimes muslims will even try to win converts by promising them riches. I know how many times they have tried to convert me, my friends, and etc. I know Igbos in the muslim countries, still they will never consider joining. A friend of mine happily lost a contract that would have been his, if only he accepted Islam. The few Igbos that pretend to be muslims only do it to get positions and contracts. Once they return to Igboland they throw away thier Islam and ask God for forgiveness. The Truth is that the more I know about Islam and the closer I get to muslims, the more that religion disgusts me. I work with a bunch of Arabs, and they tell me about Islam everyday. They more I hear, the more disgusted I get.

Any real Igbo man who knows his culture will never even consider joining the barbarism that people call Islam.
I am very proud of Igbos about.

My advice to every black African is avoid Islam. It is a barbaric Arabic way of life, and it is not good for we Africans.  Even our forfathers ways are better than Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by muhsin(m): 11:55am On Mar 14, 2009
You had me smiling, bros. Are you that funnier? grin
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by ayinba1(f): 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2009
@seeklove

Bet "things fall apart" was based in Saudi Arabia, yeye! and those cannibals still living in the bushes of Ebonyi state are muslims too!

seeklove:

Igbos hate unnecessary sheding of blood. They respect and value human life. Even the ancients Igbos, before Christianity came, they respected human life and love peace.

Even our forfathers ways are better than Islam.

This is really sad for you but not surprising as Allah has fully described your type.

seeklove:

The Truth is that the more I know about Islam and the closer I get to muslims, the more that religion disgusts me. I work with a bunch of Arabs, and they tell me about Islam everyday. They more I hear, the more disgusted I get.

There are wonderful people from Iboland; intelligent, beautiful, well educated; who are muslims after Allah showed His mercy upon them, you do not speak for the entire Igbo people, because you appear very uninformed even about Ibos.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by seeklove: 6:16am On Mar 15, 2009
@ayinba1
You are complete fool. I know you have not read "things fall apart" or maybe you didn't understand it. There is no cruelty or barbarism in "things fall apart" that can be compared with the cruelty and barbarism of muslims. "Things fall apart" is a wonderful piece of literature about the ancient Igbo society. Even this ancient Igbo society was far more civiliced than modern day saudi Arabia.

This is the first time that I am condescending to replying to fools like you. Every word you wrote speaks of unimaginable ignorance. I don't expect better from a woman who has been suppressed and probably rapped all her life. By the way according that trash that you call the Koran, man is worth more than woman. If you are a true muslim you should worship  me and kiss my Bottom because I am a man. I bet your husband beats you every night, and I bet all your male cousins Molested you even when you were a baby, this is typical of muslims.

Read the book "Infidel" and "Caged Virgin" written by a woman(Ayaan Hirsi Ali) who was raised a muslim. I have read that book and after observing muslims around me I have learnt that any woman who is comfortably a muslim has either a mental or an emotional probelm.

ayinba1:

This is really sad for you but not surprising as Allah has fully described your type.

Yes! the type that is not afraid to speak against that barbarism called Islam.

ayinba1:

There are wonderful people from Iboland; intelligent, beautiful, well educated; who are muslims after Allah showed His mercy upon them, you do not speak for the entire Igbo people, because you appear very uninformed even about Ibos.

Here you are trying to win the sympathy of Igbos. But its not working, Igbos are 99.999999 parcent non-muslims. They don't worship the arabs, arabic gods, and arabic barbaric culture of lies and deciete.

My I also let you know that I have a copy of the Koran. If you reply to me again I will tell you where I keep it (In the most unholiest place). I will even show you the pictures. Guess what I wipe my Bottom with?

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by cocoman4u(m): 6:38am On Mar 15, 2009
ayinba1:

Thanks but no thanks. I am an Igbo man. Igbos do not consider being a muslim a blessing or the mercy of Allah. The mulsim way of life is not compatible with the Igbo way of life. Please we dont want muslim sympathy or vote. The muslims have oppressed us since Nigeria became independent.

Please in "things fall apart" okonkwo was punished even for beating his wife. This is the Igbo culture, traditional Igbos value and respect their woman. Infact motherhood is a thing of honor in Igbo society, that why we have names like "nneka" which means motherhood is supreme. Please dont compare us with saudi arabia. We dont treat our women like slaves. We dont make them walk behind us, we dont deprive them of driving privilages, we dont flog them, we dont cover then from hair to toe.
In Igboland women are free to be in the same place with men in churches and schools. We dont deprive them of education.

Go and tell my innocent brothers and uncles that you muslims killed and still kill everyday in the north that Islam is good.

Your judgement is comming.

Thanks but no thanks.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Mustay(m): 9:14am On Mar 15, 2009
What vexes me about this arguement is that most of you are not talking on facts. When last did you go to the east? Tell me I didn't pray there abi?
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by babs787(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2009
@Seeklove & Cocoman

Are you saying there are no igbo Muslims?
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by ayinba1(f): 1:44am On Mar 16, 2009
@sicklove,

I just read your post. You are truly sick!  You are trying to stick your fingers into my mouth and believe me, you will wish you had never done that.

Whatever despicable things you think you can do to the Quran, you're not the first but not everyone lives to tell the story!

All the description you gave of a muslim woman/or of me match exactly where you spring from. Since you do not know me, I believe this is the experience of you or someone pretty cclose to you. There goes your Ibo civility, says tons about your upbringing.
Continue in your hatred, you will only suffer loss in the end.
@cocoman

why would I need the sympathy of igbos?  All I stated was that there are muslims who are ibo. Do you see the response of your sick non muslim igbo  brother? Probably just skipped over that.

about muslims in the north killing igbos, tell us with a straight face that igbos never killed any muslims.

1 Like

(0) (1)

Etiquettes Of Eid / Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030 / How To Check Solat Time Without Watch Or Any Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 569
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.