Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

First Job Fair In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Job Fair In Nigeria (2697 Views)

Got My First Job Through Nairaland Yesterday. / ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Job Fair In Nigeria by wills(m): 11:03am On May 08, 2006
FIRST EVER JOB FAIR IN NIGERIA

Last Saturday, the 6th of May 2006, I believe the first ever job fair was held in Lagos Nigeria, The Job fair organized by the Employment agency of the fountain of life church was well attend as over 500 applicants from school leavers to master degree holders, and well over 20 firms came in search of new jobs and some in search for a job or career change and employer too seeking to find the right people to fill their vacancies.
The employment agency has been in existence since 2003 and this is its first ever job fair. The agency seeks to first train and prepare candidates to face interviews and tests as may be required by employers, it holds classes on topics like Communication skills, interview techniques, customer services, personal hygiene ,work and Christian Ethics, and computer appreciation skills. Class holds from mid morning to evenings on Saturdays @ the Illupeju Branch of Fountain of Life church. The facilitators are all accomplished HR people from some of the best organization in the country.

The Agency work is non denominational and every one can take advantage of this free! Act of compassion being showed by the church to the teaming number of Job seeking Nigerians.

A List of company @ the fair,
Fowobi petroleum
Cooperate head fitters
The US embassy
Nisideresouces
Webb energy
Just a few to mention.

I believe this is a welcomed development in Nigeria, and Pray that the agency gets better @ this and that even more Companies in Cooperate Nigeria(public and Private) will identify with this agency in its job and also its next Job fair when it comes UP.

You can Reach the agency @
employmentagency@tfolc.org
Re: First Job Fair In Nigeria by pojutime(m): 8:02am On May 22, 2007
Its here again. 2007 edition of the employment agency job fair. Check http://www.tfolc.org/projects/jobfairday.html for more information and to register. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

I Got Uba And First Bank Jobs / Nestle Test By Dragnet / Nigeria Population Commission Recruitment Canceled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.