Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? (25359 Views)

Photos From Inside The Medview Plane That Crashlanded On Nov 5th In Lagos / Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / Medview Plane Makes Emergency Air Return To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
Rishard:

Exactly and a free ticket on the gatwick express to Victoria. 32kg luggagex2 it's a no Brainer really. The monopoly BA and Virgin have over the London-Lagos route is alarming. They treat naijas like crap on their old planes too. Hopefully Bankole goes right with Medview where other airlines have failed.

KLM used to be cheap, but I think UK airport tax has risen. And has affected our bargain bucket flights!!!
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Rishard(m): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
Lexusgs430:

KLM used to be cheap, but I think UK airport tax has risen. And has affected our bargain bucket flights!!!

True! Klm are great, used them in October to Naija. However there's nothing like a direct flight haha
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by phillip7878: 5:24am On Jan 18, 2016
Medview Airline has not only challenged the monopoly of BA, Virgin Atlantic but Arik Air and other airlines too. I recently booked my return flight through www.medview-airline.com for £438 which is a very attractive price for return flight, especially if that's a direct flight offering 70KG luggage allowance. Although the air craft was not filled with passengers, however quite a few seats were occupied and there were enough number of passengers. Cabin crew were friendly and polite. I changed my seat without any hassle and had a comfortable journey. In-flight entertainment needs some attention. I will again fly with medview airline this summer. Over all it was value for money.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by phillip7878: 5:26am On Jan 18, 2016
eNKe1:
Has anyone flown with MedView Airlines before? Please, I need an opinion on them for better judgement.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 8:25am On Jan 18, 2016
phillip7878:
Medview Airline has not only challenged the monopoly of BA, Virgin Atlantic but Arik Air and other airlines too. I recently booked my return flight through www.medview-airline.com for £438 which is a very attractive price for return flight, especially if that's a direct flight offering 70KG luggage allowance. Although the air craft was not filled with passengers, however quite a few seats were occupied and there were enough number of passengers. Cabin crew were friendly and polite. I changed my seat without any hassle and had a comfortable journey. In-flight entertainment needs some attention. I will again fly with medview airline this summer. Over all it was value for money.

You forgot to mention medview trying to make all its passengers fat, by force or fire!!!
Loads to eat and drink!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Ugosample(m): 5:32am On Jan 23, 2016
Hmmm.... Interesting replies.
So Medview is recommended for Lagos-Accra route?
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by TerenceLee: 1:24am On Feb 02, 2016
Medview used to do Hajj only flights form Nigeria to Saudi Arabia, i think they recently started there flights to and from Nigeria to London, They are trying to compete with Arik Air the flag carrier of Nigeria, it will take sometime but i think they can takeover Arik Airways in next 2 to 3 years by providing good customers services which the national carrier lacks, I flew with them couple of times to Lagos and they are the worst airline I have ever experienced in my whole life and the only reason i used them is 60kgs baggage allowance but now I think they've got a competitor and they will do good if not then people with turn to the other airline offering more baggage and direct flights, I only had one experience with them, I flew with them in December and they are not bad, in UK I booked it through http://www.travelshopuk.co.uk/airline/medview-airline.html and if you wanted to do it in Nigeria you can use medviewairline.com for bookings. In my experience they are worth a try.So try them and share your experience with us.

Cheers.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Ugosample(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Medview is the real deal now o. They are punctual, and reliable. unlike arik.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Ugosample(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Medview is the real deal now o. They are punctual, and reliable. unlike arik.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by pharuk: 11:46am On Aug 19, 2016
Might be an old thread but worth commenting..

I did my research before flying Medview from LON - LAG, so far everyone said its a cheaper version of ARIK.

So i didn't just book one flight but 2 flights. One in June travelling solo and another in December with one adult and a baby.
Here is my review (based on flying once with them from LON - LAG)

Pros
1. On time (strangely)
2. Staff at checking point (in LON) were friendly and related with you in naija none of those fake accent from arik ladies
3. Really cheap (cant bit that)
4. This will be good and bad - They served Amala and Ewedu, older generations loved that

Cons
1. Its one plane. Same plane goes in and out of London (which is not to bad because planes are designed to go far anyway, but having one plane means if there is something wrong with it...e don B for u
2. The plane is old, like really old. the clothes on the seat are faded, torn materials and strangely the plane doesnt even have Medview written on it
3. The air condition comes from somewhere, definitely not from the top and cant be controlled
4. The staff try to be professional (bless them) but its just glaring the level of i dont care about this and that
5. For the food, even though they want to appeal to our Nigerian-ess, the smell of the soup was everywhere in the plane, and it was just recycled into our clothes, so when we landed i smelt like a guy who just came from a buka
6. The entertainment system is nothing to talk about. Get ready to watch X-MEN (old one) on replay and to top it up, its not in english

In Summary
despite more negatives, i will recommend it to any person flying solo and want to cut down on cost.
If you like you entertainment, just get your movies in your portable device.

+++A big plus is that i was flying to abuja and they gave me a free flight LAG to ABJ so big up to them+++

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 2:46am On Aug 20, 2016
pharuk:
Might be an old thread but worth commenting..

I did my research before flying Medview from LON - LAG, so far everyone said its a cheaper version of ARIK.

So i didn't just book one flight but 2 flights. One in June travelling solo and another in December with one adult and a baby.

Pros
1. On time (strangely)
2. Staff at checking point (in LON) were friendly and related with you in naija none of those fake accent from arik ladies
4. This will be good and bad - They served Amala and Ewedu, older generations loved that

Cons
1. Its one plane. Same plane goes in and out of London (which is not to bad because planes are designed to go far anyway, but having one plane means if there is something wrong with it...e don B for u
2. The plane is old, like really old. the clothes on the seat are faded, torn materials and strangely the plane doesnt even have Medview written on it
3. The air condition comes from somewhere, definitely not from the top and cant be controlled
4. The staff try to be professional (bless them) but its just glaring the level of i dont care about this and that
5. For the food, even though they want to appeal to our Nigerian-ess, the smell of the soup was everywhere in the plane, and it was just recycled into our clothes, so when we landed i smelt like a guy who just came from a buka
6. The entertainment system is nothing to talk about. Get ready to watch X-MEN (old one) on replay and to top it up, its not in english

In Summary
despite more negatives, i will recommend it to any person flying solo and want to cut down on cost.

+++A big plus is that i was flying to abuja and they gave me a free flight LAG to ABJ so big up to them+++

Are you now aware medview top delivery of a brand new 747, to service the uk routes?
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Rishard(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=pharuk post=48616662]Might be an old thread but worth commenting..

Pros
1. On time (strangely)

Cons

In Summary

[/quote

Really enjoyed this review. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Rishard(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Are you now aware medview top delivery of a brand new 747, to service the uk routes?

I am aware yes, however I very much doubt it's a new plane. It's a 747-400. The old queen of the skies smiley
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2016
Rishard:

I am aware yes, however I very much doubt it's a new plane. It's a 747-400. The old queen of the skies smiley

Possibly old stock, but brand new. 1st flight out was 1st August.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Rishard(m): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Possibly old stock, but brand new. 1st flight out was 1st August.

Bro a 747-400 cannot be brand new it's 20+ years old. This is medview's one. All it's previous service history is there for you to see. https://m.planespotters.net/airframe/Boeing/747/28022/TF-AMV-Med-View-Airlines
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rishard:

Bro a 747-400 cannot be brand new it's 20+ years old. This is medview's one. All it's previous service history is there for you to see. https://m.planespotters.net/airframe/Boeing/747/28022/TF-AMV-Med-View-Airlines

I do not think we are referring to the same plane. Look through their website and the banner states clearly 'brand new'.
Its maiden flight from LGW was on August 1st. When I lay my hands on the information, would post it.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by bal2012002(m): 10:14am On Sep 03, 2016
Glad to see this thread now that am planning to book with my family to the UK. More comments please with reviews so i can take a decision.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
bal2012002:
Glad to see this thread now that am planning to book with my family to the UK.
More comments please with reviews so i can take a decision.

Would be flying medview again on the 14th, would post an update.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
Just received a call and sms from medview airlines. The flight scheduled for 1100hrs, is now rescheduled for 1430hrs (operational reasons) on the same day of travel.
At least they are sending important information through.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by otokx(m): 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
kindly keep us posted, thanks.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
Phoned medview before heading down to Gatwick, requesting the times the check in desk opened.
I was told 4 hours before departure. Got to the airport, 4 hours before departure. Check in commenced right on time.
Gate was announced at 2130, and boarding commenced 2150.
Boeing 767 - 300ER was used for this journey. Would complete update when I touch down....................
NB: I treated myself to a meal at Nandos (after security control), just incase the meal offered looks like dog food.....
Updates on meals, drinks, inflight entertainment etc etc etc to follow............

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by otokx(m): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
keeping tabs, safe trip.
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by otokx(m): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2016
any updates??
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
otokx:
any updates??

Medview Review 14/09/16

Checking at gatwick and boarding was done without any hassle
No entertainment (my screen was cracked and all inflight entertainment screens were all turned off (what use is a non-cracked screen, if all the screens were permanently turned off)?
3 male trolley dollies in economy class
2 female trolley dollies in 1st class
Served poundo yam + Egusi soup, Jollof rice and fried rice
The flight was incident free, luggages arrived and departed airport
Plane was a B767 -300ER
Array of drinks available onboard - Usual juice + Alcohol

Medview Review 21/09/2016

Departure - Plane was meant to originally depart @ 1130 hrs. Medview had already sent a text message through, a week before departure that the departure time was now rescheduled for 1330 hrs (phone call and sms communication)
Inflight entertainment - available (but you would have to ask the trolley dollies for earphones(they kept them in their pockets)
15 channels available,only 5 had films) . You also do not have a say in what you want to watch, and how you want to watch……….(My advice, take your entertainment with you)
Trolley dollies in economy class, was an all lady affair (Beautiful ladies feed and watered our whistles)
Also ensure your devices are fully topped up (No usb charging ports)
Plane was B767 - 300ER
Meals on offer - Jollof rice (had 5 pieces of beef) &tasted like party rice, fried rice, poundo yam, amala and spaghetti

NB : Medview picks you up and Delivers you safely. That’s the essence of travelling. Not forgetting the difference in price, when compared to other carriers.
You also fly direct (non stop)
Feel free to ask any questions, incase I missed anything out.................

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by otokx(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks for the update, was the plane old looking as in the chairs? What about the toilet facilities? Was the captain a Nigerian or foreigner?
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
otokx:
Thanks for the update, was the plane old looking as in the chairs? What about the toilet facilities? Was the captain a Nigerian or foreigner?

Did not see enough of the plane (exterior), to know if it was looking old.
The seats looked old, but not tired
The pilot was definitely a Nigerian (but had foreign co-pilots)
Never had an reason to use the toilets (my bladder and bowels can easily sustain a 6 hour flight).
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
Sample of meals served. Poundo yam and Egusi + jollof rice (tastes like party rice) etc etc

NB: Cracked inflight entertainment screen

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Rishard(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Medview Review 14/09/16

Checking at gatwick and boarding was done without any hassle
No entertainment (my screen was cracked and all inflight entertainment screens were all turned off (what use is a non-cracked screen, if all the screens were permanently turned off)?
3 male trolley dollies in economy class
2 female trolley dollies in 1st class
Served poundo yam + Egusi soup, Jollof rice and fried rice
The flight was incident free, luggages arrived and departed airport
Plane was a B767 -300ER

Medview Review 21/09/2016

Departure - Plane was meant to originally depart @ 1130 hrs. Medview had already sent a text message through, a week before departure that the departure time was now rescheduled for 1330 hrs (phone call and sms communication)
Inflight entertainment - available (but you would have to ask the trolley dollies for earphones(they kept them in their pockets)
15 channels available,only 5 had films) . You also do not have a say in what you want to watch, and how you want to watch……….(My advice, take your entertainment with you)
Trolley dollies in economy class, was an all lady affair (Beautiful ladies feed and watered our whistles)
Also ensure your devices are fully topped up (No usb charging ports)
Plane was B767 - 300ER
Meals on offer - Jollof rice (had 5 pieces of beef) &tasted like party rice, fried rice, poundo yam, amala and spaghetti

NB : Medview picks you up and Delivers you safely. That’s the essence of travelling. Not forgetting the difference in price, when compared to other carriers.
You also fly direct (non stop)
Feel free to ask any questions, incase I missed anything out.................

Very nice write up, thanks for that. Were the seats as comfortable as any other airline you have flown to Lagos? And what is the legroom like onboard? Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Lexusgs430: 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
Rishard:

Very nice write up, thanks for that. Were the seats as comfortable as any other airline you have flown to Lagos? And what is the legroom like onboard? Thanks

Thank you.
I would not complain about legroom or comfort. I did not acquire pressure ulcers and no DVT.......
Would I fly them again? YES

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? by Rishard(m): 8:58am On Oct 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Thank you.
I would not complain about legroom or comfort. I did not deliver pressure ulcers and no DVT.......
Would I fly them again? YES

Awesome. Thanks again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Falls On Odukpani Road In Cross River State (Pictures) / Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users / A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.