Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation (659 Views)

Changing Watchtower Prophetic Interpretation Of Daniel And Revelation Prophecy1 / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation by Rick9(m): 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hi bible scholars in the house, Let us try to understand biblical prophecies.
[size=21pt] Found in the Books of Daniel and Revelation ...
Thanks as i anticipate your replies and contributions.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation by obi4eze(m): 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
The Book of Daniel is divided mainly into 2 parts: Chapters 1-6 are historical while Chapters 7-12 are prophetic/eschatological. Revelation 1-3 talks about the letters of Christ to the seven churches (biblically, 7 means perfection, fulness) and they are letters to every church in the world today. Revelation 4 heralds the worship in heaven and the beginning of 'hereafter' events, and so on.
Both books are somewhat similar in their description of some eschatological events. I just pray that the Spirit of God will help us on this thread.
Please, I'm not the op but it would be good if we asked questions with the right motive. Thanks and God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 20, 2013
King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream of a giant statue

brb i will explain

1 Like

Re: Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Who is the King who conqured babylon was it
Cyrus or Darius
cos have been getting confused about the whole thing.

Why because Daniel served both Kings in babylonia.
Cyrus was a Mede and Darius was a Persian
now according to history these two nations allied together and conquered babylon, but am just getting confuse someone help me out.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation by obi4eze(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2013
Fredrick909: Who is the King who conqured babylon was it
Cyrus or Darius
cos have been getting confused about the whole thing.

Why because Daniel served both Kings in babylonia.
Cyrus was a Mede and Darius was a Persian
now according to history these two nations allied together and conquered babylon, but am just getting confuse someone help me out.

Sir, actually, Darius was a Mede (Median) and Cyrus was the king of Persia (Daniel 5:31, 9:1, 10:1). In the dream of Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 2, God showed him the future ruling kingdoms of the world. Nebuchadnezzar was a king of kings, the head of gold in his dream and that meant he ruled other kings because he conquered their lands.
After the reign of Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonian empire, the Medes and Persians killed Belshazzar and took over the city of Babylon(Daniel 5:30,31). Bible history tells us that it was a joint venture between Cyrus and Darius. After they had conquered the city, Cyrus allowed Darius, who according to history was his uncle (and older than him) to rule first.
Daniel served both kings but the bible does not tell us how close or how favoured he was in the time of Cyrus. He lived up to the first year of Cyrus and I think that he saw the return of his people from Babylon to Jerusalem becasue it was in the same year that king Cyrus announced their return (Ezra 1:1-3). Hope this little explanation helps. Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation by Rick9(m): 1:02am On Mar 24, 2013
obi4eze:
[b]Bro, actually, Darius was a Mede (Median) and Cyrus was the king of Persia (Daniel 5:31, 9:1, 10:1). In the dream of Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 2, God showed him the future ruling kingdoms of the world. Nebuchadnezzar was a king of kings, the head of gold in his dream and that meant he ruled other kings because he conquered their lands.
After the reign of Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonian empire, the Medes and Persians killed Belshazzar and took over the city of Babylon(Daniel 5:30,31). Bible history tells us that it was a joint venture between Cyrus and Darius. After they had conquered the city, Cyrus allowed Darius, who according to history was his uncle (and older than him) to rule first.
Daniel served both kings but the bible does not tell us how close or how favoured he was in the time of Cyrus. He lived up to the first year of Cyrus and I think that he saw the return of his people from Babylon to Jerusalem becasue it was in the same year that king Cyrus announced their return (Ezra 1:1-3). Hope this little explanation helps. Thanks and God bless.
[/b]
Ohhh Thanks very much now according to my research Cyrus conquered Babylon, then he didnt rule for long then after him his son Cambyses became Emperor,
he also didnt stay long and according to what i read , Darius was somehow related to Cyrus (his inlaw) and he was 62yrs old when he took the throne.

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation by danmc: 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
It is well known that Cyrus is the one who conquered Babylon but it is believed that he let his half-countryman Darius the Mede take the seat. But Darius soon died (approx. 1 year) and Cyrus himself took over.

(1) (Reply)

Two Women Suspected Of Witchcraft Beheaded / According To Some Verses In Bibile,no One Is Going To Heaven.see The Verses Pls / God-kind Of Love Vs Natural Selfish Human Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.