Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Do Your Children Do Chores That You Could Do At Their Age? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Your Children Do Chores That You Could Do At Their Age? (561 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Your Children Do Chores That You Could Do At Their Age? by tiebe: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2013
when most of us were growing up, we could put our plates away after eating, wash plates, sweep, make up beds we slept in, arrange the room, fill water bottles and empty dustbin by 10yrs. but these days, i see children of about the same age who cant sweep (or vaccum), wash plates, make their beds etc. So, are your children as chore savy as you were at their age? and why?
Re: Do Your Children Do Chores That You Could Do At Their Age? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 20, 2013
Well,my kids are toddlers but they can be very helpful with some chores like removing their plates after meals,getting me drinking water,pillows,their pampers and stuffs like that.They can turn on/off the TV when I ask them.Ofcourse they attempt sweeping but you know what is like when a toddler sweeps for you.I believe by the time they get to 5(yrs),they might be able to boil their own indomie lol.

I didn't do half of what they are doing at their age but by the time I was eight,I already cook,go to the market and can handle most household chores.Everything depends on how a child is raised,Am not into the modern child raising package where a 10yrs old can't pound pepper for his mama.Am not ready to raise christmas goats in the name of children,hence am domesticating them already.

Parents should endeavour to raise their kids to be beneficial to themselves too,a child being just book smart is not good enough for me.If he can't wash his clothes at 12(yrs)what's the point??

1 Like

Re: Do Your Children Do Chores That You Could Do At Their Age? by k4kenny(f): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2013
You're right, these days you can come across some 13 year olds who can't even do their laundry or wash dishes. I remember doing my laundry by the time I was in j.s 1 (10 yrs old) and I've been doing the dishes way before then. I blame the parents who would not make these kids do the chores, instead house helps are made to clean up after them.

My kids are still really young, but I hope to instill the attitude of hard work in them when they're older, they must be made to understand that you make d mess, u clean it up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marriage And Real Estate Investment / A Must Read For Any Parent ! / Dogs Re Truly Mans Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.