Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

5 Best Times To Start A Company - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Best Times To Start A Company (15283 Views)

Partner With Us If You Are A Company Owner. / How To Set Up A Company In Nigeria / IGI Insurance Plc -A Company With No Integrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by flames77(m): 7:36am On Mar 21, 2013
Adonike:

yea.. Especially in Benue and Cross River-Calabar
in your village,it will serve better
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by flames77(m): 7:38am On Mar 21, 2013
condralbede: Noted....am hoping and wishing that one day i will be my own oga at the top.Amen and Amen.
Amen jare,we go be our own oga @ the top one day.......lol
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 21, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: When you have a reasonable capital.

Ideas are bigger than capital. Some people have N10m but no business idea. Some have business ideas and capital but lack courage to implement them. Wrong timing, wrong decisions, wrong location can cripple your business venture and you see your capital fizzle away. The life of a quality business is good management. When capable hands run a business, no matter the challanges, it must stand. Why is it that any business Dangote does is succesful ?? That is not to say he never made business mistakes.

Starting a business is very difficult. Surviving in the business during downturn or glut is even more difficult.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2013
tpia@:
there's lots of enthusiasm but little planning.

Yes, that is where businesses start to fail. Poor planning.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 21, 2013
Aro_007: Nice write up really puts me on a spot. As for me i have the passion for what i do, but i honestly need a push. I work for one of the banks and on the other hand have a business that i run with over 6 major banks and 4 big companies as my existing clients, offering them services that ranges form UPS & inverter supply, repairs, support just to mention a few.
Unfortunately it has not been business as usual lately as i am seriously distracted at work earning me queries, Low appraisal score e.t.c. No one knows about my business in my unit but everyone knows am seriously distracted. Hiring a few graduates to push the business as not really yielded any dividend as they can not just take decision on there own.

My schedule is crazy keeping my job as a Network engineer in charge of over 400 branches saddled with the responsibilities of ensuring Network up-time in these branches and my business. Thought of quitting the bank Job but the money i earn is often used to drive my business.
Really wish someone can advice me on my case as i know i need to do something fast even as i know that inter bank crossing of staff is common and it might not take too long before my clients knows that i work in a bank as well.

I kept on doing this kind of thing till the day i quit. It was very hectic but the money was so much from both sides so i kept going. Just keep managing the job and business maybe for a year or two. The longer you stay on the job, the more money you raise to stabilize your business. They might even request that you resign then you will know it isnt your fault. Hehehe.

Again, is your business earning you as much as your salary If yes, then start preparing/planning to quit. It isnt easy at all.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Clazzik: 8:16am On Mar 21, 2013
Inspirational, Encouragin n Motivatin... Its a lovely post, thanks.... It raise d dead thought in me of being an entrepreneur...
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by AjanleKoko: 8:44am On Mar 21, 2013
Simplistic and corny article undecided
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by olukemiyemi: 9:14am On Mar 21, 2013
Aro_007: Nice write up really puts me on a spot. As for me i have the passion for what i do, but i honestly need a push. I work for one of the banks and on the other hand have a business that i run with over 6 major banks and 4 big companies as my existing clients, offering them services that ranges form UPS & inverter supply, repairs, support just to mention a few.
Unfortunately it has not been business as usual lately as i am seriously distracted at work earning me queries, Low appraisal score e.t.c. No one knows about my business in my unit but everyone knows am seriously distracted. Hiring a few graduates to push the business as not really yielded any dividend as they can not just take decision on there own.

My schedule is crazy keeping my job as a Network engineer in charge of over 400 branches saddled with the responsibilities of ensuring Network up-time in these branches and my business. Thought of quitting the bank Job but the money i earn is often used to drive my business.
Really wish someone can advice me on my case as i know i need to do something fast even as i know that inter bank crossing of staff is common and it might not take too long before my clients knows that i work in a bank as well.

You need to take a decision at this point to either let go of your current job to properly run your business or rework your business model in a way that allows you to only provide critical oversight without having to deal with operational issues in the day to day running of the business. If you re-structure your business, your employees will have clear deliverables and metrics for measuring their performance just like you have in the bank. You also would need to invest in employees that have experience in working with similiar businesses and be ready to pay them. I am up for having multiple streams of income but if your business stands in the way of your performance at work, then you're not been fair to your employer. Hope this helps
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by walan(m): 10:03am On Mar 21, 2013
mcvize: Gr8t minds here I must tank seun,to me the best time I can start business is when I need cash simple< dea are lot of oportunity out their the problem is every1 need quik cash and huge 1 for dat mater, let me be frank until yu humble ur self as DangOte don't talk about inspiring his figures.I started with importation dat cost me 506 naira...now (100kpluz) and am still in skull...so 2me no actual time. if u need sometin go for it with focus and patience backed with hardwork and positive aproach....my signature tells you more

WORD! Well Spoken!
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by mcvize(m): 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
U can mail me 4 a free guide on importation samshacreavive@gmail dot com or click ma signature download it yourself.tanks
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Consultville(m): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
Don't leave what you can start today till tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Every Business Is Struggling In Nigeria" - BBC / Easiest Way To Send Money From Algeria To Nigeria? / Rivers Overtakes Lagos As Top Investment Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.