Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

10 Fashion Commandment - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 10 Fashion Commandment (841 Views)

See Top 10 Fashion Mistakes To Avoid At All Cost!!! (photos) / Top 10 Fashion Designers In The World / Are The Top 10 Fashion Magazines In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Fashion Commandment by Drdaps(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
Here are ten fashion commandments that will help you a great deal to look good with little effort as eureka reporters takes you through a journey of fabulousness in fashion
1. Disregard trends
you should't wear something just because it's of the fashion moment.You have to be yourself, find what looks good on you, and embrace it, even if it's not in vogue.
The biggest fashoin faux pas is trying to look like somebody esle.
2. Never underestimate the power of detail.
The last thing on is the first thing noticed. Take necklaces as example. Food stains don't count though.(doesn't mean you keep going around with huge oil stain on your cloth)
3. Keep it simple
For the average dude like me, it's about building a personal wardrope that looks great on you. Don't make it complicated. When you have a choice between two items, choose the simpler one.
4. A garment should never be made of more than 25% of an unnatural fiber. A little bit of polyester isn't going to kill you. A lot of polyester? That's a different story.
5 Experiment with style. If you make mistakes, life goes on.
6. Never in shopping
You've got the store trying to sell you items and you are not sure you look right.But if you have a friend along, you can always get an objective opinion from someone who knows you.(never go with geeks coz they know nothing about fashion)
7. Don't overdo it
You want to be noticed for a look that's yours and not because you look clownish. Overdoing is like crying, "Oh, look at me!!" I think it's far better to be noticed for subtlely than for garishness.
8. Never wear anything sheer.
Let's leave the exposed nipples to Genevieve(our nollywood actress) and janet jackson, shall we? But even the last time i checked, Janet was all covered up. Thanks anyway Janet, for the mammaries we used to see.But woe to you our shameless actress.
9. Spend with reason.
I encourage many trips to the mall or to your favorite fashion retailer. However, when shopping becomes an addiction, and you have to move every two weeks to flee creditors, you officially have a big problem.
10. Cashmere is seasonless.
Wear it in winter. Wear it in summer. Wear it to bed and to garden in for all i care, but cashmere is never, ever the wrong answer.

Daps

(1) (Reply)

Natural Ways To Stop Hair Loss / See The Work Of Makeup / I Love Shopping, But I Hate Whatever I Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.