Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

Help On Mysql_real_escape_string - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On Mysql_real_escape_string (736 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Mysql_real_escape_string by charliebiz(m): 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Any idea why $recipient = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['recipient'])
keeps giving me Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'cathokb2'@'localhost'
Re: Help On Mysql_real_escape_string by onyengbu: 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
charliebiz: Any idea why $recipient = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['recipient'])
keeps giving me Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'cathokb2'@'localhost'
You need to show the part of the code where you declared that variable - $recipient (something tells me you missed a semicolon) and where it was utilized in the script.... With these two requirements, your problems will be gone with a snap of my coding fingers.. grin
Re: Help On Mysql_real_escape_string by sisqology(m): 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Check the name of the mysql user, there may be a typo error.
$host=localhost;
$user=MyUser; //check this username and make sure that priviledges are opened to connect to this database with this particular user
$pword="password" ;
$db_name="database";
$tableName="myTable";
Mysql_connect("$host", "$user", "$pword"wink or die("could not connect"wink;
Mysql_select_db("$db_name"wink or die("Cannot select Database"wink;

Besides, you could also post the part of ur code. Where u are u using mysql_real_escape_string for

If your mysql connection is like this, you're good to go. Compare this with your own code if possible.
Re: Help On Mysql_real_escape_string by biggjoe(m): 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
sisqology: Check the name of the mysql user, there may be a typo error.

If your mysql connection is like this, you're good to go. Compare this with your own code if possible.
You and I know that there are many reasons why might not 'be like this' to him.

It is possibly a DB connection issue but my guy up there need to show us his lines.
Re: Help On Mysql_real_escape_string by sisqology(m): 8:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
biggjoe:
You and I know that there are many reasons why might not 'be like this' to him.

It is possibly a DB connection issue but my guy up there need to show us his lines.

*confused*
Re: Help On Mysql_real_escape_string by talk2hb1(m): 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
@op check your email I have send a reply to your email.
This have to do with mysql authentication, that is calling the function mysql_real_escape_string without a valid connection to the database.
Re: Help On Mysql_real_escape_string by charliebiz(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yea! Thanks to Talk2hb1 d problem has been solved.

(1) (Reply)

Php Developer With Knowledge Of Html, Css And Javascript Is Needed / Who Needs My Free Assistance Today? / I Will Pay You $5 For Just Downloading.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.