Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,804 members, 7,831,621 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 - Education (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 (178843 Views)

Uniben Direct Entry 2014/2015 / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Uniben Direct Entry 2012/2013 Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Jenniangel(f): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Temicare:
Success..success...tnk u jawe 4 backin me...Success of admission is sure 4 us all in dis thread in Jesus name ..
AMEN, AMEN & AMEN
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Jenniangel(f): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
planetuzor: #peeps in to see whats popping#

# Jenniieeeni Jenniieeeni laromoooooche, kadarachamaooo _ inother words i just said no fall my hand in INDIAN wink
Neheel, i will never do dat
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Jenniangel(f): 7:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
planetuzor: I almost challenged the answers given to be right. No cheating lets learn... Please read this paragraph and attempt the question. The ANSWERS to the 5 questions should be put in different line spacing like this;
For Example.

1. A
2. c
3. d
4. d
5. d

READ THE PARAGRAPH BELOW

Delinquency describes actions that would not be crimes if performed by adults. If a young person performs one of such action then he has committed a crime. Delinquency is one of several status offences that can be committed only by people in particular stations of life as determined by age profession or a person’s role in society. For young people, such offences include, drinking, driving and smoking under age. Usually they are offences only to the extent that they help to preserves some of the good things of life for the exclusive enjoyment of the adult world.

Delinquency is therefore a weapon forged in adult minds and directed by adult hands against young people. It is born out of envy, adult pride and intolerance. If the world change overnight and her responsibility to make and enforce laws fell on juvenile shoulders, the adults should expect a raw deal in return. Delinquency would then certainly refer only to many of the adult actions now freely committed by them.

QUESTIONS

1. The writer of the passage believes that delinquency laws are
(a) not relevant to human society (b) only in for young people (c) unfair to the juveniles (d) very fair to
the adult world

2. Status offences are these that can be committed by
(a) adult only (b) juvenile only (c) delinquent juveniles(d) specified classes of people

3. In view of the writer, drinking under age is an offence because
(a) adult want to have all the drink to themselves (b) adult do not want juveniles to get drunk
(c) drunk juveniles can cause disorder in the society (d) adults have the duty to protect young persons

4. If the world change overnight
(a) there would be more delinquency laws (b) Delinquency would refer to all adult action
(c) delinquency would no more be a crime (d) delinquency would also change in meaning

5. When young people make and enforce laws
(a) The responsibility will be too heavy on their shoulders (b) they would retaliate against
the adult c) there laws will be very juvenile (d) the world would be turned upside down
1. C
2. D
3. C
4. B
5. B
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by SchoolTins: 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
Just Passing by the long streets of this thread's pages again after a while

I almost forgot that this was a post-DE thread

For a moment, i thought I was reading through a thread in the romance section, with all these poetic love arrows flying around and aiming for the kill.

Hey archers (Temicare and planetuzor), stop aiming for the kill(jenni_angel), she likewise u guys, have got exams to write, so get to work, no time!

Am out, see ya
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Successborn(m): 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
omodave:

just escape an accident dat wud hv been too fatal at Benin Ore road
Thank God for sparing your life.
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Successborn(m): 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Jenni_angel: u are a gud moderator
lolz
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Successborn(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Jenni_angel: hmmmm........ Swimming in d ocean of luv. Lol
hahaha....No be only ocean.
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Jenniangel(f): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
Wer is storm now eh? My storm wer are u? I am missing u now *searching everywhere*
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Temicare(m): 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
whr is my storm na...*sad*
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by iseoluwa89(m): 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
planetuzor: I almost challenged the answers given to be right. No cheating lets learn... Please read this paragraph and attempt the question. The ANSWERS to the 5 questions should be put in different line spacing like this;
For Example.

1. A
2. c
3. d
4. d
5. d

READ THE PARAGRAPH BELOW

Delinquency describes actions that would not be crimes if performed by adults. If a young person performs one of such action then he has committed a crime. Delinquency is one of several status offences that can be committed only by people in particular stations of life as determined by age profession or a person’s role in society. For young people, such offences include, drinking, driving and smoking under age. Usually they are offences only to the extent that they help to preserves some of the good things of life for the exclusive enjoyment of the adult world.

Delinquency is therefore a weapon forged in adult minds and directed by adult hands against young people. It is born out of envy, adult pride and intolerance. If the world change overnight and her responsibility to make and enforce laws fell on juvenile shoulders, the adults should expect a raw deal in return. Delinquency would then certainly refer only to many of the adult actions now freely committed by them.

QUESTIONS

1. The writer of the passage believes that delinquency laws are
(a) not relevant to human society (b) only in for young people (c) unfair to the juveniles (d) very fair to
the adult world

2. Status offences are these that can be committed by
(a) adult only (b) juvenile only (c) delinquent juveniles(d) specified classes of people

3. In view of the writer, drinking under age is an offence because
(a) adult want to have all the drink to themselves (b) adult do not want juveniles to get drunk
(c) drunk juveniles can cause disorder in the society (d) adults have the duty to protect young persons

4. If the world change overnight
(a) there would be more delinquency laws (b) Delinquency would refer to all adult action
(c) delinquency would no more be a crime (d) delinquency would also change in meaning

5. When young people make and enforce laws
(a) The responsibility will be too heavy on their shoulders (b) they would retaliate against
the adult c) there laws will be very juvenile (d) the world would be turned upside down
1.D
2.d
3.c
4.c
5.b
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by STORM2(f): 8:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
Jenni_angel: Wer is storm now eh? My storm wer are u? I am missing u now *searching everywhere*
Temicare: whr is my storm na...*sad*

I'm sorry guys. Spent the whole day running errands

C
D
A
B
B

Oya oh! Who go mark am na? smiley
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Jenniangel(f): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Temicare: whr is my storm na...*sad*
Temi am sad 2, i cnt see her anywhere around
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Temicare(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
STORM2:

C
D
A
B
B

Tank God...pele...we did miss u dearly girl..
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Jenniangel(f): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
STORM2:

C
D
A
B
B

welcum jare, i missed u alot *hugs and kisses* hurray i am happy now
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Temicare(m): 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2013
Cum! @ plantuzor ..na who mark dis tin na...no ojoro ooo
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Jenniangel(f): 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
STORM2:

C
D
A
B
B

welcum jare, i missed u alot *hugs and kisses* hurray, i am happy now
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by STORM2(f): 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
Jenni_angel: welcum jare, i missed u alot *hugs and kisses* hurray i am happy now
smiley
#hugs and kisses back gurl#
Happy to be back too
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by planetuzor(m): 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Temicare: Cum! @ plantuzor ..na who mark dis tin na...no ojoro ooo
I'm doing the marking!
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by planetuzor(m): 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
Space reserved! ( ANALYZING)
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by STORM2(f): 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hhahahaha! Una no serious oh! Somebody mark this stuff na....
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by omodave(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
Finally am home now
So wat is happening in the house? Dat reminds me who is marking that question na?
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by planetuzor(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Result will be out by 10:50pm prompt... am still compiling and analyzing.. Just bare with me!
omodave: Finally am home now
So wat is happening in the house? Dat reminds me who is marking that question na?
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by planetuzor(m): 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
Collation of all candidates answers

OMODAVE:
1. b
2. d
3. a
4. d
5. b

Temicare
1. D
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. B

Jennie
1. C
2. D
3. C
4. B
5. B

Iseoluwa
1.D
2.d
3.c
4.c
5.b

Storm2
1.C
2.D
3.A
4.B
5.B

The CORRECT ANSWER: "Culled from PASSAGE 4 (NOVEMBER 2006)- D.E Past Question"

1.D
2.B
3.D
4.B
5.B

[size=13pt]

ANALYSIS
[/size]

Question 3 and 2 are where am arguing my case from. lets go back to the question.

Question 1.

I don't even know where to start from with this one self. Making the choice between Option C and D was something else. Is there a generally accepted principle on questions that both options seem right? Whichever one you choose would have seem right but because its an exam one is expected to choose the best answer. so one option most precede the other.

#its like an half half thing. half of the candidate went for option C while the other
for D

Question 2 ----Correct Answer "B"
Left with me i will go with option D because according to the paragraph
"Delinquency is one of several status offences that can be committed only by people in particular stations of life as determined by age profession or a person’s role in society."
. if you check the bolded and the question asked in question 2 u will notice that option D(which is Specified Classes of People) seem to best fit the question asked to be the answer than Option B(Juvenile only) which was chosen to be the right answer. And besides, option D can stand in place of option B (because Juveniles can also be referred to as Specified Classes of people.) You too check it urself....

Dont get me wrong o, both Option D and B looks like the answer but 'D" seem to have an edge because it has affiliates in passage(as seen in the bolded above)...... Please English Scholars you can explain to me better!

#No wonder almost all of us except for Temi choose that D. So Temi Give us ur reason why you choose
"B" which was the correct answer?

Question 3: -- Correct Answer D

Na this question pain me pass. The question clearly asked
"In view of the writer, drinking under age is an offence because "
. What bolded statement translates to me is "Whats the opinion of the writer according to the passage|whats his perspective to this particular thing. And lo and behold, i taught i found it here in the paragraph
" For young people, such offences include, drinking, driving and smoking under age. Usually they are offences only to the extent that they help to preserves some of the good things of life for the exclusive enjoyment of the adult world.
Delinquency is therefore a weapon forged in adult minds and directed by adult hands against young people."
So just as you have seen it too above, what would you have chosen? is it not option A which says
"adult want to have all the drink to themselves."
Even as I know logically the real answer to that question should be option D which says
"adults have the duty to protect young persons."
but because the question states that IN-VIEW OF THE WRITER.... They Now choose D to be the correct answer what can i say but to keep learning.

#Nobody got it in the first place, why am I complaining cheesy
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Pascalbaba(m): 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
STORM2: Hhahahaha! Una no serious oh! Somebody mark this stuff na....

@ALL, to check if you're right or wrong, check ur English jamb series year 1986, passage 2!
C
D
A
D
B
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Temicare(m): 6:20am On Aug 03, 2013
Goodmornin genius in da class...hw una dey?...our teacher don giv long explanation 2 d question...lets start askin our questions...any1 can answer u...n let d past question keep comin...Na learnin period we dey...Uniben shld get d best of us in dr exam...However,pls nobody shld quote dat long answer 4rm plantuzor...d answer too long na...just giv a tag dat u r replyin back 2 his answer....let d jackin on nairaland go on...
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by omodave(m): 6:47am On Aug 03, 2013
planetuzor: Collation of all candidates answers

OMODAVE:
1. b
2. d
3. a
4. d
5. b

Temicare
1. D
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. B

Jennie
1. C
2. D
3. C
4. B
5. B

Iseoluwa
1.D
2.d
3.c
4.c
5.b

Storm2
1.C
2.D
3.A
4.B
5.B

The CORRECT ANSWER: "Culled from PASSAGE 4 (NOVEMBER 2006)- D.E Past Question"

1.D
2.B
3.D
4.B
5.B

[size=13pt]

ANALYSIS
[/size]

Question 3 and 2 are where am arguing my case from. lets go back to the question.

Question 1.

I don't even know where to start from with this one self. Making the choice between Option C and D was something else. Is there a generally accepted principle on questions that both options seem right? Whichever one you choose would have seem right but because its an exam one is expected to choose the best answer. so one option most precede the other.

#its like an half half thing. half of the candidate went for option C while the other
for D

Question 2 ----Correct Answer "B"
Left with me i will go with option D because according to the paragraph . if you check the bolded and the question asked in question 2 u will notice that option D(which is Specified Classes of People) seem to best fit the question asked to be the answer than Option B(Juvenile only) which was chosen to be the right answer. And besides, option D can stand in place of option B (because Juveniles can also be referred to as Specified Classes of people.) You too check it urself....

Dont get me wrong o, both Option D and B looks like the answer but 'D" seem to have an edge because it has affiliates in passage(as seen in the bolded above)...... Please English Scholars you can explain to me better!

#No wonder almost all of us except for Temi choose that D. So Temi Give us ur reason why you choose
"B" which was the correct answer?

Question 3: -- Correct Answer D

Na this question pain me pass. The question clearly asked . What bolded statement translates to me is "Whats the opinion of the writer according to the passage|whats his perspective to this particular thing. And lo and behold, i taught i found it here in the paragraph
So just as you have seen it too above, what would you have chosen? is it not option A which says Even as I know logically the real answer to that question should be option D which says but because the question states that IN-VIEW OF THE WRITER.... They Now choose D to be the correct answer what can i say but to keep learning.

#Nobody got it in the first place, why am I complaining cheesy

Waitin be the cutoff mark
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by omodave(m): 6:50am On Aug 03, 2013
Gudmorning ppls
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Temicare(m): 7:04am On Aug 03, 2013
@ dave ...why na...i fink i ask no 1 shld quote dat stuff...abeg lets b space mindful
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by planetuzor(m): 8:11am On Aug 03, 2013
Temicare: @ dave ...why na...i fink i ask no 1 shld quote dat stuff...abeg lets b space mindful

grin grin grin, the guy go stuborn gan oo...Lwkmd!

#Thats true sha, let's be space conscious. No need to quote all of the comment. Mayb we can refer to it as "Analysis"
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by KingHeni: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2013
Pls is uniben post. DE form out yet......sharp answers pls
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by chrisshado(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2013
pls wen is uniben writing the d.e exams for medicine and surgery
and wat are the procedures
Re: UNIBEN Direct Entry 2013/2014 by Temicare(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2013
KingHeni: Pls is uniben post. DE form out yet......sharp answers pls
Guy! wat kind of a tin is diz... ehnn?...dis question again!...u just run in 2 ask d question...if dats wat we hv been doin here...will u hv some1 2 answer u asap??...wat will cost u 2 read d previous post...instead of askin such question again n again...makin it sound frustrating...pls park well jawe...

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (209) (Reply)

University of Ado-Ekiti (UNAD) Admission News? / Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE / Oou 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.