Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Which Of The Marriages Is More Important - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Of The Marriages Is More Important (606 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of The Marriages Is More Important by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goodday house, pls i'd like to know which of the marriage is more important
(1) court marriage
(2)traditional marriage
(3) white wedding.

A friend of mine wanted to go for court wedding only, cos He thinks each of them are as important as the other two, but I dont know, so I want to ask the intelligent people of NL, especially the married ones. Which is better? or must he do two out of the three, or the 3 of them or any of either the 3. Pls reply, thanks
Re: Which Of The Marriages Is More Important by greatgod2012(f): 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
The most important one, which is biblical is the traditional one, where the dowry is paid, and both families are known to each other, and the wife's parents give their consent, the husbands family also accept the terms and conditions.

The registry/court marriage is just to legalise the marriage. It is as well important.

The church wedding is of course a western culture, which makes it to look like a borrowed culture to me, however, it is binding on those who believe in Jesus, or, let me say, those who believe in it.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Marriages Is More Important by biolabee(m): 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thank you ...
Re: Which Of The Marriages Is More Important by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
greatgod2012: The most important one, which is biblical is the traditional one, where the dowry is paid, and both families are known to each other, and the wife's parents give their consent, the husbands family also accept the terms and conditions.

The registry/court marriage is just to legalise the marriage. It is as well important.

The church wedding is of course a western culture, which makes it to look like a borrowed culture to me, however, it is binding on those who believe in Jesus, or, let me say, those who believe in it.
May God help us all.

thanks alot. But what if he goes and see's the girls parents and pay the bride price without doing traditional marriage then proceed to the court for the court wedding, is it ok?
Re: Which Of The Marriages Is More Important by greatgod2012(f): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
lrguru:

thanks alot. But what if he goes and see's the girls parents and pay the bride price without doing traditional marriage then proceed to the court for the court wedding, is it ok?

it depends on what the lady in question and her family want, but to me, the most important things are:
1. Payment of dowry and other payments as requested by the bride's parents.
2. Bride parent's consent and groom'parents acceptability.
All those "ero repete" and partying are just "feferity" and copy-copy.
May God help us all.

biolabee: Thank you ...

thank you too sir.
May God bless all of us.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Marriages Is More Important by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
greatgod2012:

it depends on what the lady in question and her family want, but to me, the most important things are:
1. Payment of dowry and other payments as requested by the bride's parents.
2. Bride parent's consent and groom'parents acceptability.
All those "ero repete" and partying are just "feferity" and copy-copy.
May God help us all.

thank you too sir.
May God bless all of us.

thanks alot
Re: Which Of The Marriages Is More Important by biolabee(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
good... all is well that end's well
Re: Which Of The Marriages Is More Important by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
biolabee: good... all is well that end's well

abi o!

(1) (Reply)

Is The Meaning Of Your Life To Make Babies? / Keeping Up With Lagos Dustbin Estate Dwellers / Value Yur Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.