Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Follow Your Passion And Beat Unemployment Forever. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Follow Your Passion And Beat Unemployment Forever. (552 Views)

"Follow Your Passion" Isn’t A Good Career Advice / 3 Reasons Why You Should Follow Your Passion! / Unemployment in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Follow Your Passion And Beat Unemployment Forever. by Passionplus: 3:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
The volume of applications an advertiser receives for a singular position is often staggaring.I have had the priviledge of sitting on interview panels and I feel very disappointed at the quality of man power available in the Nigerian market.Some graduates will apply for every position available even when it is specifically stated that its for OND holders,never realising that the reason they are not getting the jobs is simply because they are not employable.

When I am interviewing,one of my favourite questions is 'what do you like doing when you are not working or studying?' in response to this question,the candidates usually smile, their eyes lit up,they are relaxed and are going to talk about their passion.
From TUface to Tara fela-durotoye we have seen examples of people who have found success and fame by simply turning their passsion to a means of livelihood.They are happy to work,because they Love what they are doing.

Most of the applicants I have successfully placed will leave the job after one month without notice to their employers,when asked why?they will tell you the pay was low,the office was too far,their bosses are too harsh etc and they are seated in front of you waiting to be interviewed for another job.I often wonder why such people think they can be recommended for future employment!
If we can assess ourselves,do what is called a SWOT analysis ,it is possible to find out what we are truly suited for.SWOT is the acronym for- strength,weakness opprtunities and strength,it is a professional tool used by HR consultants to do a job-man -fit.A number of websites offer this service for free.

But forget SWOT,just watch yourself..what tasks can you perform repeatedly with ease?what can you do so well that people always commend you for it?what can you do so well ,even when you are not paid for it,you will not mind simply because you Love doing it and can do it well....that is your passion.
Many of us knew nothing of sort when we choosed courses of study in the university,we are often motivated by our parents and peers to choose courses that are 'professional and Prestigious' .Only after graduation do we realise that we may have made a mistake.Some get good jobs,earn fat salaries and still remain unhappy!others feel trapped in their jobs,yet others have not found any job since graduation.Yet others simply dumped their bogus qualifications and follow their passion.Not only are they more fulfilled,they are happy,doing what they love and making a living out of it.

Are you unemployed?Why are you in this situation? while waiting for the next job to come along,start paying attention to what you love doing.offer that skill in service to someone who needs it for free for a start,see how it makes you feel,then take it further from there.

One of the gratest lessons I have learnt from successful and passion driven people is that,they used their talents to give service and they gradually got recognized for it,success came through referals and repeat orders.Before the money started rolling in.

Do not waste anymore time job hunting or job hopping,settle down and do a thorough soul searching,your success lies in finding out where your passion lies and following it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are Your Goals SMART? A Proven Way To Achieve Your Goals / Nigerian Navy Enlistments / Diffrence between Oracle and Management Information System (MIS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.