Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Love Is Comparable To Death - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is Comparable To Death (1600 Views)

Love Is Not Like In A Movie;(A TRUE LIFE STORY) / Love Is Blind / A New Book: When Love Is Undefined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is Comparable To Death by pak: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
Love is comparable to death
It grips, it holds, it takes
You're confused, you're lost
You fight, you fall
You wish, you're worn

Take me where you will
Blow me when I stand still
See through me and steal my thoughts

You can have all, yes, I'll fall
Like death you can take me
Take me until am no more
But even though I lose all
I'll forever retain my purity.
Re: Love Is Comparable To Death by pak: 7:01am On Apr 04, 2013
I never thought I'll give the background to this piece (just posted it initially for posterity ) but this thread here to a large degree does justice

https://www.nairaland.com/1245328/signs-show-love-partner-too

Its all about the pains of unrequited love. loving someone so much yet the person knows it but rather chooses to use that as a stick to beat you with. You know what you should do but like death, you're powerless against it.

I wonder how many peeps here have felt that way
Re: Love Is Comparable To Death by Ishilove: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2013
You are so unbearably romantic. I never knew men were romantic. I used to be romantic but experience has slapped it out of my head grin

Nice poem, btw smiley
Re: Love Is Comparable To Death by pak: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ishilove: You are so unbearably romantic. I never knew men were romantic.
'roma' kini ? Funny enough few ladies I've dated hav said that but truth is my outward personae can't be more different. People see me as this choleric, anti social, perfectionist.

Ishilove: I used to be romantic but experience has slapped it out of my head grin

Nice poem, btw smiley
Signs of the end time shocked shocked Ladies, should be romantic ! but then in the famous words of the great nairaland troll - 190 - 'Its not in the dictionary of Nigerian ladies'.

On a more serious note however, that's the essence of the last line.
I'll continue to believe in what I believe, Regardless of my experiences, as long as the basis for my trust still stands.
that you sometimes toil for seven years only to get Leah, doesn't mean Rachel isn't there somewhere, waiting for you
Re: Love Is Comparable To Death by Ishilove: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
pak:

On a more serious note however, that's the essence of the last line.
I'll continue to believe in what I believe, Regardless of my experiences, as long as the basis for my trust still stands.
that you sometimes toil for seven years only to get Leah, doesn't mean Rachel isn't there somewhere, waiting for you

*lips wobbling. Sniffing* cry

O pak, you just restored my faith in love and lomance *sob*

Please pass me a hankie... I'm sorry, I'm really emotional right now. cry

*honks nose loudly* cry
Re: Love Is Comparable To Death by Ishilove: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
pak:

'roma' kini ? Funny enough few ladies I've dated hav said that but truth is my outward personae can't be more different. People see me as this choleric, anti social, perfectionist.

Remove the 'anti-social' and you'll be my twinnie grin
Re: Love Is Comparable To Death by firestar(f): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
cheesy

True.
Love is as strong as death is.

(1) (Reply)

Admirable Construction/ / The Villa Of Progress / Vimcy " A 9ja Guy Like Me" / Destiny Lied (Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.