Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Super Eagles Promise Win Over Kenya - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Promise Win Over Kenya (618 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Promise Win Over Kenya by sammietos(m): 1:35am On Mar 23, 2013
Players and coaches of the Super Eagles of Nigeria have promised Nigerians that the team is going to win convincingly when they file out against the Harambee stars of Kenya in the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers at the U.J. Esuene Stadium in Calabar today.

Team coach, Stephen Keshi said that winning the nations cup was already a forgotten issues as the Super Eagles are solely focused on the game ahead and the 2014 World Cup holding in Brazil.

“Gentlemen, I want us to play as champions of Africa. Yes, we were champions at the last Nations Cup in South Africa, but that is gone and gone forever. We want to play at the Brazil 2014 World Cup, with the semi final as our target and who says we cannot win the World Cup. But it has to start with a win against Harambee Stars tonight.”, Keshi said.

Team captain while adding to the coach's admonition also said, “We have since forgotten about the Nations Cup victory in South Africa, what we are thinking about now is to qualify for the World Cup and do very well at the championship in Brazil”.

While speaking on the AFCON triumph, Left-back Elderson Echiejile noted that it will always be in the team's memories but the players should avoid being carried away with that and forget other pressing assignments ahead like the World Cup qualifying game against Kenya on Saturday.

"The celebration is gone and we just have to concentrate on our coming games especially the next game against Kenya", he said.

Also speaking in the same vain was ADO Den Haag defender, Kenneth Omeruo.

"I am ready and I am also sure my team mates are ready for this clash too. We have put the victory at the Nations Cup behind us to allow us concentrate on the upcoming assignments like the one we have on Saturday".

"The victory in South Africa was very sweet and the euphoria that greeted our win was also very awesome but we don’t need to be carried away at all. We must strive harder to sustain the momentum and make Nigerians both home and abroad proud", he said.

CSKA Moscow's star, Ahmed Musa further promised the fans that the Super Eagles were not going to let them down. "Hopefully, we all are going to celebrate again after 90 minutes. For me I’m predicting 3-0 win in favour of Nigeria.", he said.

Speaking in the same vain was Dynamo Kiev striker, Brown Ideye who also assured Nigerian of a good outing by the Super Eagles against Kenya.

The Super Eagles game against Kenya is billed for 4pm Nigerian time today at the U.J. Esuene Stadium in Calabar.

http://www.nisotpost.com/2013/03/23/sports/super-eagles-promise-win-over-kenya/

(1) (Reply)

The Ten Best Comments From Tito Vilanova’s Press Conference / I'm Not Ready To Play For Nigeria - Anichebe / We Process Visa To Countries Like Qatar, Bahrain, Dubai, Turkey,mexicow Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.