Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

[upcoming Artistes] Tips For Self Promotion - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / [upcoming Artistes] Tips For Self Promotion (624 Views)

Check Out A Nairalandre's Peom For Self On Birthday. / Upcoming Artistes : Get Free Music Promotion Deals From Musicpromoter9ja / Upcoming Artistes. . . .discuss Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[upcoming Artistes] Tips For Self Promotion by wakpeez: 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
Normally i shouldnt be doing this considering the pepper i saw before i got to where i am today.. But thinking about the real talents hidden somewhere unable to promote themselves probably out of ignorance and the talent dieing or going unnoticed, i decided to drop this.. U an Upcoming naija artist? Stop waiting for a messiah to come help your career.. Get up and promote your self, you have all the tools you need
There are proven steps to getting your music out there in naija. If you follow the following steps, you're well on your way.. But first you need to possess these
1.Talent
2.Patience
3.Sense
4.Good communication skills
.Now to the main line
1.Record a good song, sample opinions from both friends and strangers and be sure that atleast 65% of the people listening to the song will like it
2.Prepare yourself as a product, work on your image and make sure ure ''attractive'' to the average person that comes accross you or your music
3.Get ready to perform. Create performance routines, find a different and exciting way to deliver your song to any audience in such a way that it will leave an impression
4. Creat an EPK(Electronic Press Kit) which includes good photos, your biography and your music(s).. Make sure it is of a file that can be sent through email..
5. Once you are sure your song is good to go lyrically and production wise.. Make as many copies of your song CD as possible, i'd say at least 700.. Make sure your CD art has your info
6.Create a Myspace,twitter,Facebook, Reverbnation fan page and upload your EPK to each of them, including your photos,songs, biography etc
7. Make a list of radio stations within your reach.. I advice you start with regional promo.. Its easier to manage, nationwide can come later
8. Make a list of the night clubs or where music is played publicly within your reach
9. Make a list of DJs or radio personalities within your reach
10. Every entertainment journalist that has a column in magazines or newspaper has an email address, make a list of all of them
11. Get all this lists you have compiled together and create a realistic timeline of how long it will take to contact everybody
12. Create an email address in the signature section.. Include all your twitter,facebook, reverbnation info and link to your song
13. Send your EPK to every contact on your list that you can reach via email or whatsapp and start booking appointments for the ones you cant reach.. Not by going to their facebook page and start posting shit like '' am an upcoming artiste and i need your help.. here is my number 08103366332 please call me''.. If the celeb has your time at all you might get blocked for that..
14. Get your cd's to all the radio DJs,club DJs,bars, nightclubs,radio personalities and everyone on your list
15. Start your online campaign, start building your fanbase by sending your music to people.. Do everything within your power for people to listen to it
16. The goal is to get as many fans as possible, do whatever it takes for people to listen to your music.. If people like it, you're good to go.. If you need more tips or have any question to ask, follow and send it to me on twitter---->http://twitter.com/iam_crayzeemax
Goodluck!
From Crayzee max, Producer/Rapper.. Dope house Entertainment

(1) (Reply)

2 Face Ft Sarkodie & Cabo Snoop- Dance Floor Remix / Video: Dbanj & Olamide Live In Houston At The OTC Finale Concert / [music] Cuppy – I Love My Country (written By Wole Soyinka)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.