Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us (1867 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Is Living With His Mother. help! / Photos:meet 9-year-old CEO, Who Is Living The Life Of A King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by rose002(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
Pls I need an honest advice,I got married last year,and had my first child also last year,my husband uncle left there house came to my matrimonail home to stay,he puts up silly attitude,does things anyhow,doest help in doing anything in d house,d worst he goes into my kitchen anyhow,he doesn't even regard my marriage for anything.
I've tried dicussin d issue wit my husband but he takin d whole issue lightly,he can't caution her simply because se's his elder broda.
Pls wat do I do cos am really tired of all these and feel lyk leaving dis marriage cos I feel am not even save wit my husband,I really need my privacy and I need to enjoy my home as a woman.
Pls advice tank u!!!
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by 234GT(m): 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
It is up to your husband to send the intruder away. If he can't, you just have to be diplomatic with the intruder.
Nobody can advise you here. You should work more on your husband and tell him why you need your space.
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by slimyem: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2013
Why did he leave his own house in the first place?
Is the uncle staying permanently or what?
I'm guessing your husband must be finding it difficult to caution or have him leave because he is older.I'm afraid you've just got to be more tolerant for the period he has to stay or until your husband does something about itundecided
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by dayokanu(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
Whats all this Yeye privacy you are talking about sef. Is he joining you on the bed while phucking?
Why cant people just be a little tolerant?

While in school I was staying with over 10 boys in a small room not bigger than a kitchen, even at almost every point in my life I had to stay with people either family or friends.

Thats what makes us Africans our ability to tolerate people thats why we dont ship our families and elderly ones to a Old peoples Homes

Didnt you also live with people I also hope your children would never need to live with people cos thats the same way they would tell him they needed their privacy

Nonsense
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
the thread is fake !!!
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by dominique(f): 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
Dayo, are you saying its appropriate for an elderly man to move in with a young couple? Where was he living before they married? He's much older than the couple, I can bet my chinko tripplesim that he'll be intrusive and intimidating in their own space.
Dear poster, if your husband sees nothing wrong with him living with you, I'm afraid nothing you can do but pray he sees your way soon. fact is, I don't see your husband sending him packing even if he wants to. He won't want to cause problem with the family.
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by dominique(f): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
Kayla03: the thread is fake !!!

Just saw it too. These silly attention seekers sef.
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
People have various conditions in life that bring them to live with people no one prayed as an adult to inconvenient people but things happen

Have you asked the role the uncle played in your husband being an adult?

When I first came to America I had to stay with some people, Ideally my father should have paid for me to stay in a hotel or somewhere but the family and friends I stayed with helped me until I was able to stand on my own

Several people have that similar story of having stayed with people.

many of our parents came from villages and stayed with some distant relations until they could stand on their own If those ones had kicked them out back to village where would they be today
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by angelbaby22(f): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2013
Make up your mind is it his uncle or elder sister!!!! You've got two post same scenario
Re: My Husband's Elder Uncle Is Living With Us by i1: 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
To me, tolerance to Guests depends on the individual Hosts! My Family is very accomodating( cousins, family freinds etc) stay in the house as guests for days/months/years. But me personally can't accomodate people that much! Fish and guests stink after 3 days!
At Op, you have no problem sha! If he wants to stay with the young couple, he could pay or buy things, or he can babysit when the young couple needs it!
He can be the one at home when the kids are growing up! As to your privacy Your bedroom should be your haven! And if the space isn't enough tell husband †☺ lodge you in a hotel for a weekend

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World's Bendiest Woman / I Desire To Have My Own Village' Says A Man With 56 Wives / Horrific Moment: New Born Baby Dies! Whose Fault... Mum Or Nurses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.