Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,295 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nairalanders In Austin,houston And Dallas{texas},pls Respond To Dis? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalanders In Austin,houston And Dallas{texas},pls Respond To Dis? (2363 Views)

Nigerians In Austin, Texas / Visa To Europe Urgently Needed (pls Respond) / Nigerians In Andorra Pls Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders In Austin,houston And Dallas{texas},pls Respond To Dis? by akaniman: 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2013
I have a family of three and am planning to relocate soonest to any of these cities as an immigrant.I will appreciate sincere and broderly advice based on the following factors.1]Job availability,2]Security,3]Cost of living,4]Church availability,5]Social networking,6}Others.Pls all dis will help in making my decision.Thanks
Re: Nairalanders In Austin,houston And Dallas{texas},pls Respond To Dis? by akaniman: 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
PPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS my fellow nairalanders in texas,pls respond appropriately to the above post.God will bless you all.
Re: Nairalanders In Austin,houston And Dallas{texas},pls Respond To Dis? by Nobody: 3:00am On Mar 26, 2013
i moved from chicago down to dallas a year ago i must be sincere with you dallas is a place to be.

1,job is available and the competition is low,my wife got a job before we moved,i got a job 3 weeks after we got here and a friend that moved with me got a job a week after we got here.NOT THAT JOB WILL COME TO YOU,YOU HAVE TO BOMB YOUR CV ARROUND.

2,the security is superb but i learnt south side is dangerous and another thing i noticed is that police officers in dallas are slow and nice,they hardly stop you and when they do,they warn you if you,they dont just issue tickets.

3,cost of living is low from my OWN point of view,i was paying $1,200 monthly for 2 bedroom one toilet in chicago but here am paying $700 monthly for 2 bedroom 2 toilet apartment.
4,we have a lot of reedem church around

5,its bouring,not lively like chicago,i can say its like comparing lagos and oshogbo
Re: Nairalanders In Austin,houston And Dallas{texas},pls Respond To Dis? by Yvete(f): 5:54am On Mar 27, 2013
Austin - Can't say much except that it a cooler version of the three.
Dallas - Schooled in the area. Hates it! Inner surbubs are spread out. Going to visit a friend from DFW to Rowlett takes forever.
Houston: Culturally diverse. Suits me perfectly! To many Nigerians if you stay in the SW Area (if that bothers you, sorry, but hey, no man is an island). If you don't want to stay close to Nigerians, move to Sugarland, Woodlands - more $$ required. grin

1] Job availability: You need to put your career and that of your wife into consideration. If you don't have paperz or work authorization, you'll find it easier in Houston.
2) Security: Check the stats with the Police dept.
3) Cost of Living: Austin is more expensive.
4) There are good Churches in all 3 cities.
5) Social networking is what you make of it.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders In Austin,houston And Dallas{texas},pls Respond To Dis? by akaniman: 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
@Boyestic and Yvete,I really apprc8t ur contributn,God bless u all.Others pls i still need more comment,which of d cities do u think we can start from as a new comma.Tks
Re: Nairalanders In Austin,houston And Dallas{texas},pls Respond To Dis? by dejiakamay: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
akaniman:
@Boyestic and Yvete,I really apprc8t ur contributn,God bless u all.Others pls i still need more comment,which of d cities do u think we can start from as a new comma.Tks

Weldone akaniman, reading tru dis post,I can see it's a post of 2013 which I'm sure u shud b flying high nw, Pls I wil lik to get in contact wit u as a new commer in dis tyme, Mie email: dejiakamayor@yahoo.com thanks n look to hear frm u,

(1) (Reply)

Which One Will You Prefer? 300k Monthly Salary Vs 2 Yrs American Visa. / Road Travel Ghana To Nigeria / Sequel - Nigerians Are Not Suffering In UK Stop Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.