Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! (1599 Views)

I Cant Browse With My Airtel Line Having 97.24mb / Windows 7 Acer Notebook-i Cant Set A Picture As My Background / I Cant Read Some Documents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 24, 2013
Please i need help ASAP i opened an account with nairaland with an email address and i later connected this email address to my gmail account because i had problem logging in with my password and the previous email address later changed to another name same with my gmail name and now i dont get all my email contact messages anymore including NL PM. Please i need your responses on how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by gen2briz(m): 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
Seun is your friend
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by member5: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
Seriously, you are a puzzle!

How many emails do you have?

Do you still have access to any of them? I mean can you log in to your email(s) successfully?

What email are you using with your NL account now? The original one you registered with or you have changed it?

What is your problem now?
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
بوكو حرام: Seriously, you are a puzzle!

How many emails do you have?

Do you still have access to any of them? I mean can you log in to your email(s) successfully?

What email are you using with your NL account now? The original one you registered with or you have changed it?

What is your problem now?
The email add i used in creating a NL account is what i joined to google i.e gmail account i was having password problem. I just have one email address and a gmail account. I'm just confused joor i dont know what to do now
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Maleeq(m): 6:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
WinnieDPooh: Please i need help ASAP i opened an account with nairaland with an email address and i later connected this email address to my gmail account because i had problem logging in with my password and the previous email address later changed to another name same with my gmail name and now i dont get all my email contact messages anymore including NL PM. Please i need your responses on how to go about it. Thanks
Let me get this right:
1. Let's say you registered on NL with aaa@aaa.com
2. You connected this aaa.@aaa.com to your aaa@gmail.com address because you has login issues with aaa.@aaa.com ? (Question: how did you succeed in linking to gmail? as gmail still requires you enter your aaa.@aaa.com credentials correctly and you will need to accept a link sent to aaa.@aaa.com email firstly.)
3. aaa.@aaa.com now changed to another name? (How is this possible? disposable email addresses?)

For you to get messages pushed to gmail, you should have access to POP services on the connecting email service. For instance, yahoo mail doesn't natively provide POP access unless you have a paid subscription.

If you have however been receiving mails from aaa.@aaa.com in your gmail, and now it has stopped, perhaps your credentials on aaa.@aaa.com have been altered at the service mail's end and you haven't reflected same on gmail.

But basically answer this: Do you still have access to aaa.@aaa.com directly and not via gmail
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
Maleeq:
Let me get this right:
1. Let's say you registered on NL with aaa@aaa.com
2. You connected this aaa.@aaa.com to your aaa@gmail.com address because you has login issues with aaa.@aaa.com ? (Question: how did you succeed in linking to gmail? as gmail still requires you enter your aaa.@aaa.com credentials correctly and you will need to accept a link sent to aaa.@aaa.com email firstly.)
3. aaa.@aaa.com now changed to another name? (How is this possible? disposable email addresses?)

For you to get messages pushed to gmail, you should have access to POP services on the connecting email service. For instance, yahoo mail doesn't natively provide POP access unless you have a paid subscription.

If you have however been receiving mails from aaa.@aaa.com in your gmail, and now it has stopped, perhaps your credentials on aaa.@aaa.com have been altered at the service mail's end and you haven't reflected same on gmail.

But basically answer this: Do you still have access to aaa.@aaa.com directly and not via gmail
Everything on aaa.com started afresh o it now looked as if i opened another yahoomail account all my inbox empty. I just sent a PM to Seun that he should link my NL account to my gmail account instead of my previous yahoomail if he can and that i will prefer my NL PM messages to be sent to ........@gmail.com. I'm still waiting for his reply sha. Thanks all the same
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by zumarock8(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
ok seince u hve pm seun, how will he reply u nw via pm or here on this thread.
Bt seriously u hvn't given an explicit explanation , u make d whole stuff pretty rigid
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 31, 2013
A big thank you to all those who responded to this topic. Actually i was the one confused i created another yahoomail account but i didnt know because Gmail sent me a window message that i have successfully linked my gmail account to my yahoomail account hence the change of acct name so i didnt know it created another fresh yahoomail acct for me. I just tried using another browser to log in my old yahoomail acct to find out if it is still existing. It is but i have to log in with facebook cos i still have password issues. So i can now say the problem have been resolved. # I think so#
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 31, 2013
But seriously Seun should create an inbox for us here on Nairaland forum instead of going to other sites just to read a NL PM. The whole thing sucks!
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Maleeq(m): 8:26am On Apr 02, 2013
Glad you've figured it out.

WinnieDPooh: But seriously Seun should create an inbox for us here on Nairaland forum instead of going to other sites just to read a NL PM. The whole thing sucks!
This has been suggested already, and I believe he is working on it.
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Seun(m): 9:39am On Apr 02, 2013
Maleeq: his has been suggested already, and I believe he is working on it
Thanks. We have not actually started, but we will try to do a fantastic job when we finally get to it.
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
mikelreal: thats because you are a LEARNER.
So why did you come to this place from the other thread? Mscheeewww! I dont have your time keep following my topics you hear
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by bigbash(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2013
@seun, please what is PM?
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Maleeq(m): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2013
bigbash: @seun, please what is PM?
Private/Personal Message
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by bigbash(m): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
@Maleeq, thanks for the reply. Please if I want to send a pm how can I go about it and if sent wil d msg show in d receiver's mail or where?
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by Maleeq(m): 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
bigbash: @Maleeq, thanks for the reply. Please if I want to send a pm how can I go about it and if sent wil d msg show in d receiver's mail or where?
1. Go to the user's profile. (Simply click on the username to take you to his/her profile)
2. You will find a link that reads "Send email to *user*".
3. Clicking the link opens up a page where you can enter the message you want to send. Click on "Send Email" below on the page when you are done.
4. Once sent, the mail would be delivered into the email account the email address registered against his/her nairaland account.
Re: Help I Cant Read My Nairaland P.M! by tpia5: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Neither can I.

I would like to have the option of switching off this function, since I'm not sure why its there.

(1) (Reply)

Operation:open/free Hotspot(wireless Access Point) In Lagos / How To Use Mtn Bis On Android Without Rooting.. / HP Announces 36-core Desktop Workstations With 2 Terabyte Of Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.