Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Why Are You A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You A Christian? (524 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 24, 2013
I've been wondering if i wasn't born into a Christian home with proper Christian upbringing, would i have been a Christian? I don't really know. Maybe God would've called me now or maybe not. It gets me thinking about unbelievers, had they been brought up in the truth, maybe, just maybe they would've believed and be saved. What do you think?
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by achinaboy(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
you are a christian because ur parents are thats it,the same applys to muslems and other religions too,but the issue of being saved,i don`t what that means
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by bid4rich(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
You are a christian because God wants you to be one and He leaves you with a choice whether to stay a christian or not. Remember, Christianity is not about going to church, its about living a Christ-like character, behaviour and ways of life
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Alfamann: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
The only reason you are still a christian is because you haven't read the whole bible yet.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
Alfamann: The only reason you are still a christian is because you haven't read the whole bible yet.
can you explain?
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by PastorOluT(m): 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2013
jammyng: can you explain?

Dont let the guy deceive you, hes got nothing to explain. Thank God you are a christian, but if you had been born in other religion maybe you would not have been a christian, so now that you are thank God for it.

The truth is that God sees the heart of every man and no those that are sincere and truly want to know the truth, so He allow them find Him when they truly seek Him, for the bible says when you seek me with your whole heart you shall find me.

Also have ever thought why some people go to Hell, if God do not give everyone a fair chance and send them to Hell then He is not a just God He claimed to be, but the truth is that God has given us all a fair chance, though we might not full comprehend this fair chance. He is a just God and i know His judgment is going to be just, for anyone to end up in Hell means that he chose to be there.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Alfamann: 8:46am On Mar 25, 2013
jammyng: can you explain?

Simple. Any well formed human being that reads the bible cannot continue being a christian. If you doubt me, read it.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
Alfamann:

Simple. Any well formed human being that reads the bible cannot continue being a christian. If you doubt me, read it.
so funny undecided

(1) (Reply)

A Day To Jesus And Me / This Is True Love / God Makes All Things Beautiful In His Time.(the Question Is When Is His Time?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.