Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! (26099 Views)

A Nairalander Account Balance / MTN New Message As You Check Your Account Balance @ Pic / Get Ready To Be Surprised Heavily By Airtel Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by Olabosipo(m): 9:23am On Mar 24, 2013
Its a shame on airtel Nigeria that their new way of making excess profit is by going into broad day light robbery by sending you some funny messages and deducting your account balance. Their bis is not left out of this as 100MB weekly data might not even last for a whole day even while the phone was used for normal bbm messages. I have been having these issues since early this year but I felt it would stop. Looks like they are testing to see if they can keep doing it and getting away with it and its a shame how they would call it a system error when their useless virus infected systems do not make errors to credit our balances rather it would deduct from our hard earned account balance. I would urge the management to put an end to this because such complains are now all over the net and they claim to be the best network. If airtel knows they can not cope anymore then they should sell off the organization to a better management as usual. Its a big shame on airtel.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:33am On Mar 24, 2013
Olabosipo: Its a shame on airtel Nigeria that their new way of making excess profit is by going into broad day light robbery by sending you some funny messages and deducting your account balance. Their bis is not left out of this as 100MB weekly data might not even last for a whole day even while the phone was used for normal bbm messages. I have been having these issues since early this year but I felt it would stop. Looks like they are testing to see if they can keep doing it and getting away with it and its a shame how they would call it a system error when their useless virus infected systems do not make errors to credit our balances rather it would deduct from our hard earned account balance. I would urge the management to put an end to this because such complains are now all over the net and they claim to be the best network. If airtel knows they can not cope anymore then they should sell off the organization to a better management as usual. Its a big shame on airtel.
[size=20pt]Mehn where are you from and also resident cuz am using airtel presently...no deduction whatsoever ... rather i receive bonus from when i recharge my line and dia browsing speed is turbo ... u need to check up ur line ... maybe someone is helping u out with it illegally[/size]
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by venorite(m): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2013
Bro the op is very correct.I don't recharge my airtel line again cos of it.mtn is following suit now.time will tell
JayKayMaybachz: Mehn where are you from and also resident cuz am using airtel presently...no deduction whatsoever ... rather i receive bonus from when i recharge my line and dia browsing speed is turbo ... u need to check up ur line ... maybe someone is helping u out with it illegally[/size][/color]
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:31am On Mar 24, 2013
just that me never notice that kain fhings shaaa
venorite: Bro the op is very correct.I don't recharge my airtel line again cos of it.mtn is following suit now.time will tell
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by Francheezy(m): 10:54am On Mar 24, 2013
w0t d 0P sed iz true, x0 many piple r complaining...EVEN ME
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:57am On Mar 24, 2013
venorite: Bro the op is very correct.I don't recharge my airtel line again cos of it.mtn is following suit now.time will tell
Yea I hardly recharge my airtel line too though I use it for my bis. Each time I wanna sub for the bis thing, I always happen to recharge more than the stipulated fee for bis cos I know that they will surely deduct unnecessarily. Called to complain nd was told to rpl STOP to those unnecessary messages coming in but it won't stop deducting. The funny thing about some is that if you rpl with stop they will still deduct for the message

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by venorite(m): 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
Having being ripped off my mtn,airtel and glo, I have moved back to etisalat praying that they don't join the band wagon.their download speed is very slow and annoying.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by scampy(m): 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
Airtel is ripping us off bigtime. Last week dey send a txt 2me buh my money was deducted witout subscribin 2 anytin, i latr cald dem nd dey told me 2 send STOP to a specific numba. B4 sendin d txt i ask d CC lady if my moni wud be deducted or nt nd she said No and i sent d txt buh 2 my grtest surprise my money was deducted. To cut d long story short i cald d CC again nd i mention d agent's name nd told him 2 tel ha SHE IS MAD FOR TELLIN ME TO SEND A TXT WEN SHE KNWS MY MONEY WIL BE DEDUCTED. I told her my reazn of callin is because my balance is reducin witout any explanatn nd she stil told me 2 send a txt wen she knws i wil be billed 4 it. It is anoda lady dat latr help me 2 cancel it frm deir End.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
scampy: Airtel is ripping us off bigtime. Last week dey send a txt 2me buh my money was deducted witout subscribin 2 anytin, i latr cald dem nd dey told me 2 send STOP to a specific numba. B4 sendin d txt i ask d CC lady if my moni wud be deducted or nt nd she said No and i sent d txt buh 2 my grtest surprise my money was deducted. To cut d long story short i cald d CC again nd i mention d agent's name nd told him 2 tel ha SHE IS MAD FOR TELLIN ME TO SEND A TXT WEN SHE KNWS MY MONEY WIL BE DEDUCTED. I told her my reazn of callin is because my balance is reducin witout any explanatn nd she stil told me 2 send a txt wen she knws i wil be billed 4 it. It is anoda lady dat latr help me 2 cancel it frm deir End.
nawa oooo ... am just hearing this ooooo ... maybe is a system failure .... they should fix it
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mtn BIS has started doing this too. I called customer care and they were playin mind games with me. I think I'm going to stop using MTN on my blackberry.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by LecturerIFE: 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
This isn't peculiar to your line alone. Airtel weekly bis comes with a miserly 100mb which one will consume before its expiration. When you exhaust your data bundle before its expiration, Airtel will start charging your internet activities based on PAYU, which is billed at a staggering 5k/kb.
My advice: if you feel comfortable with their internet service, subscribe instead to their monthly plan which comes with 1gb worth of data. Ensure you always check your data balance by dialing either *123*10# or *141*712*0#. Whenever you feel you will exhaust your data bundle before its expiration, SMS "deactivate" to 440 to swtich off your current data plan, a message will be sent to confirm your request, then you can subscribe immediately to any data plan of your choice. Airtel allows roll-over of data bundle, so you don't need to worry about the unused data on your existing data plan.
Hope you find this piece helpful. Cheers
Olabosipo: Its a shame on airtel Nigeria that their new way of making excess profit is by going into broad day light robbery by sending you some funny messages and deducting your account balance. Their bis is not left out of this as 100MB weekly data might not even last for a whole day even while the phone was used for normal bbm messages. I have been having these issues since early this year but I felt it would stop. Looks like they are testing to see if they can keep doing it and getting away with it and its a shame how they would call it a system error when their useless virus infected systems do not make errors to credit our balances rather it would deduct from our hard earned account balance. I would urge the management to put an end to this because such complains are now all over the net and they claim to be the best network. If airtel knows they can not cope anymore then they should sell off the organization to a better management as usual. Its a big shame on airtel.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by venorite(m): 10:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
Sir, I don't think that is the problem.once I had 76mb and I switched off my fone and went to bed.the next morining, I woke up and found both my 76mb and my 250naira has been wiped off.I called their stupid cc who couldn't profound a solution.me am one person that can't settle for less.that same day I activated my mtn bis and I had about 50box left as at last light, going to church dis mrin,wanted to make a fast call,I noticed my account has been wiped off and my bis was no longer activate.now am back on etisalat bis.the thing is thhat both airtel and mtn know what they are doing,everything is done on purpose.
LecturerIFE: This isn't peculiar to your line alone. Airtel weekly bis comes with a miserly 100mb which one will consume before its expiration. When you exhaust your data bundle before its expiration, Airtel will start charging your internet activities based on PAYU, which is billed at a staggering 5k/kb.
My advice: if you feel comfortable with their internet service, subscribe instead to their monthly plan which comes with 1gb worth of data. Ensure you always check your data balance by dialing either *123*10# or *141*712*0#. Whenever you feel you will exhaust your data bundle before its expiration, SMS "deactivate" to 440 to swtich off your current data plan, a message will be sent to confirm your request, then you can subscribe immediately to any data plan of your choice. Airtel allows roll-over of data bundle, so you don't need to worry about the unused data on your existing data plan.
Hope you find this piece helpful. Cheers
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by LecturerIFE: 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
What you complained once happened to me, over 900mb and N940 airtime was wiped off my account for no just cause, but I understood it was a system error though I got no refund. OP's complaint is quite different from this. Airtel weekly bis isn't advisable for anybody. It's a rip off.
venorite: Sir, I don't think that is the problem.once I had 76mb and I switched off my fone and went to bed.the next morining, I woke up and found both my 76mb and my 250naira has been wiped off.I called their stupid cc who couldn't profound a solution.me am one person that can't settle for less.that same day I activated my mtn bis and I had about 50box left as at last light, going to church dis mrin,wanted to make a fast call,I noticed my account has been wiped off and my bis was no longer activate.now am back on etisalat bis.the thing is thhat both airtel and mtn know what they are doing,everything is done on purpose.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 25, 2013
venorite: Sir, I don't think that is the problem.once I had 76mb and I switched off my fone and went to bed.the next morining, I woke up and found both my 76mb and my 250naira has been wiped off.I called their stupid cc who couldn't profound a solution.me am one person that can't settle for less.that same day I activated my mtn bis and I had about 50box left as at last light, going to church dis mrin,wanted to make a fast call,I noticed my account has been wiped off and my bis was no longer activate.now am back on etisalat bis.the thing is thhat both airtel and mtn know what they are doing,everything is done on purpose.

Yes I have called customer care severally abt this issue too. And for MTN I can tell u it's done on purpose. They knw what they're are doing. They want to frustrate some heavy users off their network rather than just coming out clean and stating they have a capped plan. Well I'm probably going to change my network soon. I want to know how my money is spent. Not internet that will jst wake up one day and start sucking my credit without any way of checking the data balance.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2013
[b][size=16pt]What is really happening in this country ? Errthing seems to go awkward ... now our service providers are defrauding us of our hard-earned cash and dis is bizzare, really ... am tired of this $hiitty-a$$ country[/size][/
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by scampy(m): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2013
JayKayMaybachz:
nawa oooo ... am just hearing this ooooo ... maybe is a system failure .... they should fix it

It is nt a system error, it was deliberate. Wot dey lyk sayin was THE APPLICATION WE ARE GOING TO USE IS CURRENTLY NT RESPONDIN OR NT COMING UP. I smdh 4 dem.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by haibe(m): 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
I tot it was only me that was experiencin this airtel deductions, they are just stealin 4rm us. At times they remove 20kobo every minute and sometimes 100 naira without me subscribing for anything.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by Olabosipo(m): 11:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
What we really need to do is to get this to an higher authority that can act fast on it because so many unaware customers are still defrauded out there by the second and its a shame why foreign companies should defraud us even with the hardship we are facing from our government. Something has to be done to clean this nation and it begins with you and I.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by oaroloye(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2013
I went crawling back to AIRTEL after several months, when MTN rewarded my devotion in the usual way.

I was totally lured by the "MAGIC BOX" advert. I went to the link provided by the advert, but the statement was vague.
What was meant by "allotment?" I was too late to reach their office, and the gateman tried to help, but had run out of brochures.

I asked from street vendors- but no one knew anything.

"Well," I said, "how hard could this be, anyway?"

I loaded N1,000 credit on my phone, removed the SIM, and put it on my Universal Modem.
There were some unimpressive results. After a couple of hours or so, I packed up, and went to sleep.

The next day, when there was electricity, I tried to browse again: Nothing.

I dialled *123#, to see how much credit I still had.
All of my credit was gone!

Surely the might ZAI- uh, mighty AIRTEL would not stoop to stealing my paltry N1,000 loot!

During the week, I accessed and printed out the "MAGIC BOX FAQ," and printed it out.
For good measure, I also printed out their MAGIC BOX TERMS OF SERVICE page.

I found the instruction for what codes to dial to activate my allotment, and to check my balance.

I paid in N1,200 credit, then shut off my phone.
I dialled to know my allotment, and received a message, that I had received 5MB for N100!

This was a great disappointment, but at least most of my credit was intact.
I checked, and it was still N1,100.

I put the SINM back in the modem, and tried to browse, but the only network available was CELTEL.

I shut down, and called it a night.

Next day, I checked my balance, and it was ZERO NAIRA.

They took EVERYTHING!

This was a clear-cut case of fraud.
I elected not to waste any more money chasing their Customer I-Don't-Care Service.
At my age, we have to watch our blood pressure, you know?

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Why did I expect any better?

Well, their TERMS OF SERVICE said that in event of "fraud," they reserve the right to "seize back their money, without notice."

This is rubbish, and in a court of law, I am dead certain that they will emerge with their boxers.
This is theft! They only have to accuse you of something- then they walk with all your money?

This is N2,300 of my money these bandits have stolen, I am not willing to spend twenty times that to get it back, even if they can be made to pay costs. "This is not a battle that can be won here!" Sun Tzu said that it is a bad policy to attack walled cities.

The best one can do is not get defrauded again.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by Olabosipo(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2013
I think the best way to stop this fraud is to port away from the useless network 'airtel'. Lately I've been making calls and deductions would be made from my balance without hearing a ring tone or any sound at all from the other end. I wait for it to ring whereas I'm already being charged while the line remains totally silent all through. NCC needs to do something about this network service provider so they don't continue fooling Nigerians. I'm done doing business with airtel.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
airtel magic box is a big fraud. am groaning
under the excruiciating pain of magic box.
nobody, not even d call agents can explain my
call usage. i am faced with a tragic experience
of using up ANY amount i load on my line
everyday for browsing even when i have an
unused data bundle.
My airtel line is due for dumping into Lagos
lagoon cos it has become a very deep hole in
my pocket.
I weep for AIRTEL magic box subscribers. it
seems one cannot deactivate this blood sucker!
I'm not sure i subscribed for this trash.
What a FRAUD.
I have called customer agent severally with no
respite on this.
It is disgusting and painful too to say the least.

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 301 / Let Me Activate Your Zain For:internet,wap & Mms** / Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.