Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles (18430 Views)

MUST READ!!! Business You Can Do With Just A Mere N500 In Nigeria As Of Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Evestar200(f): 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
Goodysydney: Senseless HIV/AIDs South african ape. Is't how u ungreatful south africans ape are paying back ur Oga at the top 'Nigerians' for free u ape black south africans from slavary at the hands of white man by attacking anything positive about Nigeria. Smh
why insulting her? U aint suppose 2 tell her dose words cuz shd said whats in her mind,,,,learn to respect oda pples opinions
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: My brothers and sisters, our economy is good, I wont lie to you, I have made money in the past 12 months that I havent made in my lifetime. GEJ is trying real hard the enemies just wanna give me a bad name. I can assure you that I do not know how he does it, but he is a winner.
I concur... my biz has boomed as well.. the truth is most nairalanders that come here to complain are lazy asses that lock themselves up in their cocoon and post jargons on public forums.. if you're smart, 100k is not too bad to test waters..business thingz grin

3 Likes

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by billante(m): 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Goodysydney: But pls i beg u in the name of God. Pls don't give my Nigerian brother Hiv/Aids. Pls baby tell him to protect himself with 2 packet of condom before having sex with u. Thanks.

Guy how old are you? If I have a cane and you are near me now I will flog d living day out of you! Stop being stupid and go and get sense!

What hav dat SA lady said dats is making you spew all those rubbish insult to her! You have old grudge with her or wat?
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by toluxa1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Goodysydney: Senseless HIV/AIDs South african ape. Is't how u ungreatful south africans ape are paying back ur Oga at the top 'Nigerians' for free u ape black south africans from slavary at the hands of white man by attacking anything positive about Nigeria. Smh
[size=13pt]
Guy! Your Papa! You dey Craze sef, God punish your yansh. Haba! Are you deaf or daft? How many times must you be told to stop this senseless, childish behavior. What exactly is your point. People are intelligently contributing to a topic, you're there spilling thrash. You are the real Ape, trust me. I can't even call you an ape, cos I love those animals and I won't want to drag their name to the mud by linking you two. Mtchewww[/size]

1 Like

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by ingrpato: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
GEJ has no credible agenda, he should be blamed if the country goes into recession.

However be the case, former World bank MD was appointed by OBJ to spearhead the ministry of finance, of which she has put the country in a standard for other African country to emulate from.

CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi has infact done a tremendious job at strengthening the Naira (₦) against US Dollar ($).
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by solomon111(m): 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
ingrpato: GEJ has no credible agenda, he should be blamed if the country goes into recession.

However be the case, former World bank MD was appointed by OBJ to spearhead the ministry of finance, of which she has put the country in a standard for other African country to emulate from.

CBN Governor, Lamido Sanusi has infact done a tremendious job at strengthening the Naira (₦) against US Dollar ($).
appointed by OBJ?
Hehehe.

1 Like

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by toluxa1(m): 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: My brothers and sisters, our economy is good, I wont lie to you, I have made money in the past 12 months that I havent made in my lifetime. GEJ is trying real hard the enemies just wanna give me a bad name. I can assure you that I do not know how he does it, but he is a winner.

sheyie2007:
I concur... my biz has boomed as well.. the truth is most nairalanders that come here to complain are lazy asses that lock themselves up in their cocoon and post jargons on public forums.. if you're smart, 100k is not too bad to test waters..business thingz grin

I am not particularly a 'friend' to da so called Billyonaire, but I must agree with you both. This year seems to be a good year not only for me but many business owners that I know. I do not know the direct economic details or why it is so, all I know is that things are going well. One just needs a decent capital, good thinking, and you're good to go. There are so many opportunities untapped. Just sit down and think, get information online, cos I must tell you, Information indeed is POWER! The future looks great!

1 Like

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by morpheus24: 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
billante:

Guy how old are you? If I have a cane and you are near me now I will flog d living day out of you! Stop being stupid and go and get sense!

What hav dat SA lady said dats is making you spew all those rubbish insult to her! You have old grudge with her or wat?

No vex with the guy, e be like say SA woman don show m pepe for that side.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by eastOFwest(m): 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Fhemmmy:

If i were him, with the kinda resources in his hands, i will do better, and if i dont have the resources to make something happen, i will not be too proud to be real with the people and just ask for the resources that is needed . . . the fact remain one thing that to be the leader, these are part of the challenges he must face and how you handle it will define the kinda leader he is and so far, tell me what he has achieved.
If he cant fix it, he might as well vacate for those that MIGHT be able to.
Even a pope recognize he no more has what it takes to lead and step down.

You don't seem to realise how extremely difficult it is to manage Nigerians, in a Nigeria where most people just ignore the law with impunity. Add to this tribal, regional and religious bias and the problem worsens. Remember that the law is enforced and people are governed by CONSENT. In such a situation, the only option will be to use brute force (which is what our security agencies tend to do) and govern with terror.

Take nairaland for example, see how difficult it is to moderate certain sections.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by toluxa1(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
ingrpato: GEJ has no credible agenda, he should be blamed if the country goes into recession.

It is not hard to detect those who like to hate for no reason. In a thread that is talking about the tremendous improvements in the overall economy of the country and the prospects of better days to come, you are saying GEJ should be blamed if the country goes into recession? Are you making sense? And what if it doesn't? Buhari should be praised ba?
And I didn't know it was OBJ that gave Iweala her present job o... ehnnnn? Tell me more? Blind fellow. I guess he's the one who appointed SLS too.

3 Likes

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by sweetcheecks(f): 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
all4naija: Your opinion was very clear and that people responded to accordingly only to your own infuriation. You weren't going about questioning the information ethically but asserted it's nonsensical pointing to the Nigerian Ministry of Information. Let me re-quote your first comment below for you to see what I am talking, my dear!

What an excuse with the paranoid statement!

Look here I stand on my statement as long as there is not direct source to the businessday article. Your fellows who as per you " responded accordingly" by hailing insults like people with rabies, they do not phase me. I feel sotrry for their frustrations and if my speaking my mind it turns their insides out clearly they are more affected than I would ever be becouse of their insults.

It's time to grow up, while NL still allows others countries to join Nl I will air my opinion whether it erks you or not. As long as I am not insulting anyone. Politics mean all countries are subjected to scrutiny by members of the whole world. Leave with it as Nigeria is part of that world.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by vizboy(m): 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
Fhemmmy:

From the tone of your writings, it seems like the President have a clue who are doing all these, so what stops him from rounding them up, he has mapped a plan and yet his employees are not making it happen and such people still resume to office day after day and yet the leader is looking and hoping, then, he is not fit.
guy goverment is not what you are thinking. As a politician you have to have a game plan and not just rush into things. Dont u know there is a way that GEJ will attack them and they will plot his death that is why he is trying to use the divide and rule method which they use against the SW AND SE. By creating division among them with that he can have control over them just has they have done to the SW and SE. They put a conflict between the sw and se and where looting the country dry.

POLITICS IS A GAME. And GEJ TEND TO BE PLAYING HIS SLOW AND STEADY.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by COOLDK(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
taharqa: When some of us were saying these same stuff here, some GOONS here would be spitting Thrash- the ONLY thing they know how to do.

I have ALWAYS asked on this forum what area has deteriorated since GEJ took over (apart from Security, perhaps- which is unfortunate by the way). Every index indicate some level of PROGRESS on all other ares/sectors- Rails, Power, Roads, Cost of Governance, Elections, Inland ports, Transparency in Government, Airports, Seaports, Education etc etc; some of these areas may admittedly not be fast enough (like Education) and we CERTAINLY have not even gotten close to where we ought to be as a nation in each of these areas- afterall, an Admin CANNOT be expected to clear the INCREDIBLE MESS which have been ACCUMULATING for some Decades and which it met, in less than 3 years; BUT the point is that PROGRESS is clearly been made in MOST of these areas.

- Nigeria is presently undertaking what have been described as the 'largest Privatization and Reforms in the Power Sector in the world', a relatively Transparent process that is in its concluding stages; as well as building almost 500 Power related projects (in Generation, Transmission, Distribution) SIMULTANEOUSLY, as well as the associated Gas infrastructure;

- In less than 3 years, Nigeria is Resuscitating 3000kms of its old Railways system (Lagos-Kano, PH-Maiduguri and their may associated Spur Lines) which had been deteriorating since the 1980s and which was virtually DEAD for about 10-15 years, as well as building new Standard Lines in pats of the country (by both the FG and some State Govts like Lagos);

- Nigeria is almost SIMULTANEOUSLY Remodeling/Reconstructing its entire Decrepit Domestic Airports, building new Cargo terminals and on the verge of building 5 new Standard International Terminals; just as it is significantly upgrading Airport Related facilities, especially in terms of safety (Total Radar Cover, VHF Communication Systems, Dopplar Weather Systems, Alternative Power Supply System etc);

- Nigeria is fixing its key FEDERAL Roads at a pace not seen in years, with significant improvements already felt on some of these key roads;

- Nigeria is improving Services in Older Seaports as Private Concessioning of the ports deepen and the Time to Clear Goods in those ports (and hence Demorrage Costs) significantly reduces; just as 4 Inland Water ports are SIMULTANEOUSLY been built in the country, etc etc.

Investors know of some of these Infrastructure upgrades and many more (some of them ongoing); they know of the improved FISCAL environment been midwifed by people like Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi and Aganga as they article also indicates. They know of the opportunities cropping up in the Agriculture sector cos of the REVOLUTION in that sector been midwifed by another Reformist, current Agric Minister (and personally, the best in the Cabinet) Dr Adesina, and many other areas opening up like Power, COnsumer Goods Industry, Manufacturing, Mining etc. In fact, they know that Nigeria's Infrastructural inadequacies are avenues for massive investments and profits, coupled with the large and Dynamic population of Nigeria- an investor, esp in Africa, would be 'Mad' not to seriously look towards Nigeria.

Those ENEMIES OF NIGERIA who have chosen to make the Govt of GEJ 'ungovernable' Or create that IMPRESSION, whether through Boko Haram Bombings or through a Shameless and unimaginable Media PROPAGANDA, are FAILING and would continue to FAIL.

God bless the President and his team; and God bless this our GREAT country, NIGERIA. May it continue to SOAR HIGHER, and fulfill that GREAT Potential it always was, in our Life time. AMEN.

TAHARQA or wetin u call una self? And u expect me to read all these ur spit and agree abi? Abeg go continue dey shine GEJ shoe dey go jare.
We talking investment here and U are claiming achievements wey no even dey.
Mtcheeeeew! Anyway I like ur closing message sa.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by OmoTier1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
yAWNS.... yet Nigerians in diaspora sent more money home than the entire country in 2012 undecided Economic growth with development! No doubt, Nigeria will overtake South Africa on or before 2017, but lets not fool ourselves. Today's Nigeria is a far cry from where Nigeria ought to be and anyone deluding themselves with praise signing with this report needs to visit yaba left.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by RedLight1: 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
bid4rich: I guess they see Eko Atlantic City as an investment opportunity. Arent you see that the map of African continent is like a pistol when its rotated and Nigeria is at the very triggering point? I dont know what you see o but thats what I see 'cos by 2015, Nigeria will be the most desired nation to live in. God bless Nigeria
yes oo.... God bless Nigeria
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by vizboy(m): 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2013

bros no vex na question i wan ask. YOU SMOKE LIPTON
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Look here I stand on my statement as long as there is not direct source to the businessday article. Your fellows who as per you " responded accordingly" by hailing insults like people with rabies, they do not phase me. I feel sotrry for their frustrations and if my speaking my mind it turns their insides out clearly they are more affected than I would ever be becouse of their insults.

It's time to grow up, while NL still allows others countries to join Nl I will air my opinion whether it erks you or not. As long as I am not insulting anyone. Politics mean all countries are subjected to scrutiny by members of the whole world. Leave with it as Nigeria is part of that world.
Hahaha... You are a lady full of excuses! grin grin grin grin. I was expecting this one at this point in time now that you have failed to make your plot to work.

But you refused to accept my reply to your second comment. I gave few links to sources you requested for before somebody started to insult you.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by morpheus24: 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
sweetcheecks:

We have given you source. did you listen to the youtube attachments. That's your people talking not Nigerians.

You just like to fight when you hear the word "South Africa" on NL.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2013

But bros na indomie de your head
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
On paper, as far as NIgeria remains one, it will never be poor!

ON PAPER!!!

The Nigerian govt (top officials) will never be poor because they know how to collect money, but not how to share it for the people which its meant for. Forget this stupid report, lets ask the normal man on the street if his pocket is feeling this so-called "progress".
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by paddylo1(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
[size=14pt]For those asking for the original Business-day link here it is below.

Now pessimists stop complaining and see what u can take out of or gain from the article[/size]

http://businessdaynigeria.com/investors-turn-nigeria-safrica-struggles

1 Like

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by taharqa: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2013

What is this blabbling. Oga Seun, abeg there shld be a way of testing the State of Mind of new entrants before they post on dis forum. Abeg
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Stlatyv(m): 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2013
taharqa: When some of us were saying these same stuff here, some GOONS here would be spitting Thrash- the ONLY thing they know how to do.

I have ALWAYS asked on this forum what area has deteriorated since GEJ took over (apart from Security, perhaps- which is unfortunate by the way). Every index indicate some level of PROGRESS on all other ares/sectors- Rails, Power, Roads, Cost of Governance, Elections, Inland ports, Transparency in Government, Airports, Seaports, Education etc etc; some of these areas may admittedly not be fast enough (like Education) and we CERTAINLY have not even gotten close to where we ought to be as a nation in each of these areas- afterall, an Admin CANNOT be expected to clear the INCREDIBLE MESS which have been ACCUMULATING for some Decades and which it met, in less than 3 years; BUT the point is that PROGRESS is clearly been made in MOST of these areas.

- Nigeria is presently undertaking what have been described as the 'largest Privatization and Reforms in the Power Sector in the world', a relatively Transparent process that is in its concluding stages; as well as building almost 500 Power related projects (in Generation, Transmission, Distribution) SIMULTANEOUSLY, as well as the associated Gas infrastructure;

- In less than 3 years, Nigeria is Resuscitating 3000kms of its old Railways system (Lagos-Kano, PH-Maiduguri and their may associated Spur Lines) which had been deteriorating since the 1980s and which was virtually DEAD for about 10-15 years, as well as building new Standard Lines in pats of the country (by both the FG and some State Govts like Lagos);

- Nigeria is almost SIMULTANEOUSLY Remodeling/Reconstructing its entire Decrepit Domestic Airports, building new Cargo terminals and on the verge of building 5 new Standard International Terminals; just as it is significantly upgrading Airport Related facilities, especially in terms of safety (Total Radar Cover, VHF Communication Systems, Dopplar Weather Systems, Alternative Power Supply System etc);

- Nigeria is fixing its key FEDERAL Roads at a pace not seen in years, with significant improvements already felt on some of these key roads;

- Nigeria is improving Services in Older Seaports as Private Concessioning of the ports deepen and the Time to Clear Goods in those ports (and hence Demorrage Costs) significantly reduces; just as 4 Inland Water ports are SIMULTANEOUSLY been built in the country, etc etc.

Investors know of some of these Infrastructure upgrades and many more (some of them ongoing); they know of the improved FISCAL environment been midwifed by people like Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi and Aganga as they article also indicates. They know of the opportunities cropping up in the Agriculture sector cos of the REVOLUTION in that sector been midwifed by another Reformist, current Agric Minister (and personally, the best in the Cabinet) Dr Adesina, and many other areas opening up like Power, COnsumer Goods Industry, Manufacturing, Mining etc. In fact, they know that Nigeria's Infrastructural inadequacies are avenues for massive investments and profits, coupled with the large and Dynamic population of Nigeria- an investor, esp in Africa, would be 'Mad' not to seriously look towards Nigeria.

Those ENEMIES OF NIGERIA who have chosen to make the Govt of GEJ 'ungovernable' Or create that IMPRESSION, whether through Boko Haram Bombings or through a Shameless and unimaginable Media PROPAGANDA, are FAILING and would continue to FAIL.

God bless the President and his team; and God bless this our GREAT country, NIGERIA. May it continue to SOAR HIGHER, and fulfill that GREAT Potential it always was, in our Life time. AMEN.
4billion naira 4 pet project,15milion naira monthly 4 senators,nd tel me aw in Gods has nigeria growin witout solid investors comin nd d one on-ground moved down to southafrica. Yar'adua tried bringin in investors 4rm china into d oil industry (PIB bill),fanks to selfish shevron nd oda onground international companies. I gues jonathan is nt blind nd deaf to bring dat bk to life,al he can do is to threaten us wit increasing PMS price,refineries ar there nothn is done,d stupid david mark is there given a milionaire 2face Ferrari worth 47milion naira,7bilion 4 asorock gate,4bilion 4 first lady pet project,milions 4 sure-p commite,my broda Gej is damn a failure. D youths ar diein,broda witout security nd youths wat development can a nation state achieve? Tel Gej nothn is 4eva
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by taharqa: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
St.latyv:
4billion naira 4 pet project,15milion naira monthly 4 senators,nd tel me aw in Gods has nigeria growin witout solid investors comin nd d one on-ground moved down to southafrica. Yar'adua tried bringin in investors 4rm china into d oil industry (PIB bill),fanks to selfish shevron nd oda onground international companies. I gues jonathan is nt blind nd deaf to bring dat bk to life,al he can do is to threaten us wit increasing PMS price,refineries ar there nothn is done,d stupid david mark is there given a milionaire 2face Ferrari worth 47milion naira,7bilion 4 asorock gate,4bilion 4 first lady pet project,milions 4 sure-p commite,my broda Gej is damn a failure. D youths ar diein,broda witout security nd youths wat development can a nation state achieve? Tel Gej nothn is 4eva
Hehehehehehehe..... How I wish you guys were Intelligent enuf to enable me at least enjoy the back-and-forth bw us!!.. This thing you just wrote does it mk any sense to you at all?? You my frnd are sadly a VICTIM of the newest 'disease' in town, which is due to Induced Propaganda affecting Normal Brain thinking process. Very Ignorant people are susceptible to it. Knowledge is the ONLY known cure... All d best

1 Like

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by pazienza(m): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
Economy is improving i hear, but how can this be,when the common man on the street can't feel this impact.
Maybe i don't know how these things work,cos i'm not an economist.
Anyway,someone should help me and beg phcn,the power supply in my area(Aba) is now poor,running a business on generator is not that easy at all.
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
taharqa: What is this blabbling. Oga Seun, abeg there shld be a way of testing the State of Mind of new entrants before they post on dis forum. Abeg
They're the reason why NL is getting more traffic grin
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
pazienza: Economy is improving i hear, but how can this be,when the common man on the street can't feel this impact.
Maybe i don't know how these things work,cos i'm not an economist.
Anyway,someone should help me and beg phcn,the power supply in my area(Aba) is now poor,running a business on generator is not that easy at all.
You're stup!d... go and lock yourself in a bunker and meditate on where you want to be in 5 years and leave the common man alone.. you're fvcked up nicca!
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by hugafella(m): 11:00pm On Mar 25, 2013

For me, I can say that for the first time in donkeys years, south east roads are receiving REAL attention. Yes, and the power situation has improved. Methinks GEJ is really working o. That's my humble opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by InvertedHammer: 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
As an avid investor, the last thing you should do is to listen to the media frenzy.

Ever heard of bump it and dump it.

They suck the real suckers in while smart money cashes out leaving the little guys
holding the bags.

Beware of sentimental news like this. What are they investing in?
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by vladimiros: 11:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
meanwhile

THEY ARE IN THE IMPEAHCMENT FORUM
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by nabiz(m): 11:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
igeria's economy always
looks good on paper.

...Economic growth without developmentt
Re: Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles by trolling(m): 11:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
bid4rich: I guess they see Eko Atlantic City as an investment opportunity. Arent you see that the map of African continent is like a pistol when its rotated and Nigeria is at the very triggering point? I dont know what you see o but thats what I see 'cos by 2015, Nigeria will be the most desired nation to live in. God bless Nigeria
a figment of your imagination lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dubai To Build The Biggest Mall In The World, Complete With Theme Park / Investors Losing Faith In Buhari's Govt Over Lack Of Economic Direction-bloomber / CBN Bans Rice, Cement Importers, Others From Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.