Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:47 AM

How Can Remove A .rar Password - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can Remove A .rar Password (162813 Views)

Passwords To Various Encrypted RAR Files / Please How Will I Remove A Petition On Computer / How Do I Remove A Windows Multiple Boot Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Remove A .rar Password by uselo: 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2008
Each time I try to extract a rar file, it keeps asking for password.How get the password
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by Maleeq(m): 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2008
The person that created the archive place an extraction password on it.

If you downloaded the file from a forum or got the link from a forum, simply request the password from the person who uploaded it.

OR

go back to site where you got the file and check cos most times, the pass phrase is posted along side the file download link

OR

Dont extract directly but open the archive up using WinRAR. Check the comment pane(right hand side). Sometimes, the pass phrase is placed there.

If none of these help, then you could get applications that cracks the pass phrase(dictionary or brute force attacks). But these methods may take > 24hrs(cumulative) to complete. Google "recover crack rar password" for some applications.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2008
maleeq, don't tell me you use warez shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

that brute force thingy is a 100% waste of time in my opinion undecided
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by Maleeq(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2008
Uhmmm! What can I say? grin shhhhhh! lipsrsealed Dont tell anyone

It 's really really a waste of time but then, if you have no other option, you'd just sit back while the warez churn out all combinations!
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by hayprof(m): 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2008
@Poster, Don't Push It, 4get It !
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 12, 2008
theres no two way about it, if its passworded u just gotta have the password, period
somethings just cant be manipulated, naija sef
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by 9ja4eva: 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2008
No way .
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by Mustay(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2008
Maleeq:

The person that created the archive place an extraction password on it.

Exactly
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by netotse(m): 2:28am On Oct 11, 2008
wots in the archive?
if its software or somefink else thats in the archive we might be able to get it for u without the heartache,
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by zenus(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2008
there is program for rar password recovery
but it takes days
to recover
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by zenus(m): 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2008
the name is advanse password revocery
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by C2H5OH(f): 8:15am On Aug 21, 2009
Either try to find out the password from the site you got it from or simply downlad a different version.
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by netotse(m): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2009
@C2H5OH
how'd u manage to resurrect this post
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by routik(m): 11:45am On Aug 21, 2009
Each time I try to extract a rar file, it keeps asking for password.How get the password

Go back to the main source where you downloaded it from.
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by C2H5OH(f): 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2009
netotse:

@C2H5OH
how'd u manage to resurrect this post
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by C2H5OH(f): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
@neto lol what was i thinking
i didn't even look up the date before posting
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by tunde121oke: 7:00pm On May 21, 2010
what verson of the software do you have
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by PapaBrowne(m): 4:37am On Jul 12, 2010
Something interesting about this page. It has 64,000 clicks and is one of the most visited pages on nairaland despite the fact that the topic is irrelevant to most Nairalanders? Can someone explain why that is
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by aieromon(m): 6:09am On Jul 12, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Something interesting about this page. It has 64,000 clicks and is one of the most visited pages on nairaland despite the fact that the topic is irrelevant to most Nairalanders? Can someone explain why that is

Its because as a novice,you get to download a lot of rar files without botherin' to check if such files are passworded.Most times,you even forget the referral site so that you can go back for the password.Once you're in that fix,what search parameters do you use on NL?
Gbam!!
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by tobaina: 8:34am On Jul 12, 2010
there is always a password somewhere,
chk well!!!
chk forums most especially,
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by maggiena: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2011
Hey, Smartkey RAR Password Recovery can help you remove RAR password easily.
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by beckhamdon: 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
there are somany ways to do that .,.;.,;.;;,;.;;;,; if only u are an advance computer user ;.,;,',;,.',; i mean if u know about command u can use ur cmd command option its the easiest and safer way so far or go for some kind of softwares that takes days and months .,;.',;,\'.;, '
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by femi4: 7:28am On Sep 23, 2011
Can u let us in into the commands
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by beckhamdon: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2011
Femi,,,,, u re indirectly asking me into ur system cause the command are very complex, and i can't start placing them up here its a large work ahead.,;''.;,.;';';/. cry cry
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 18, 2011
@bechamdon can you help me remove the pw or get it pls. i will be very glad. do i send the software over? thanks
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2011
@beckhamdon u can contact me tru my email address incase of any help, as i'l be very grateful. thanks
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by syons: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
Because RAR password just can be decypted by a recovery tool.So I list some of the popular password recovery tool to if they can help you.             
First must be the RAR Passwrod Decryption,it is a professional password recovery tool for retrieving RAR password,which can recover lost or forgotten password for RAR archives created by WinRAR, RAR or other archives software. It can recover the RAR password at high speed so it can finish the recovery task within a few seconds. Supports WinRAR 4.01 and previous versions. You can use multi-core CPU to increase the speed.
Re: How Can Remove A .rar Password by bookmanager(m): 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2011
BookGrill.com : Free eBooks
http:///hdL2a

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows) / Unlock Huawei E303 Modem And All Stubborn Modem Unlock Difficulties Solved!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.