Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,077 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test (6333 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / What I Saw On Twitter About Jamb Exam / Jamb’s Computer-based Test Will Curb Exam Malpractice, Says Registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test by henryc2(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
What is Computer Based Test (CBT)?
Computer based test is the administration of an examination using a computer. This format is flexible in that the test can be taking at different times and in different locations.

Why Computer Based Test (CBT)?
CBT makes for more accurate, precise and fair assessment of the candidates

What are the benefits of Computer Based Test (CBT)?
• It is fast in that it gives immediate feedback.
• It is accurate and offers automated analysis of result.
• It is fair.
• It is more secured.
• It is the global best practice.

What is e-UTME?
e-UTME is an electronic form of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination that adopts the use of computer to display and answer test items.

What are the test centres?
Test centres are examination locations across the country where candidates can take Computer Based Tests (CBT). These centres are equipped with modern infrastructures that would enable the conduct of CBT.

Where the tests are centres located?
CBT centres are located in all the thirty-six states of the federation and the FCT.

Are these centres well equipped for CBT?
Yes the centres are well-equipped for CBT.

What does the test centre look like?
A room equipped with computers connected to internet or intranet (Local Area Network).

Are the test centres conductive for CBT?
Yes, e-UTME accredited professional test centres are certified and equipped to international standard to facilitate a comfortable environment conducive for e-testing. All equipment are provided and there are technical support staff who are available to assist candidates at any time during the examination.

How many candidates are attached to a computer?
A candidate is assigned to a computer

Are international testing centres available?
Yes, e-UTME accredited testing centres are available in six countries (United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Republic of Benin, Cameroun and Ghana).

Does Computer Based Test cost the same as Paper Pencil Examination?
Yes, the cost is the same.

How do I pay for my test?
You will purchase your e-registration card from any designated bank and register online.

Are CBT questions the same as Paper Pencil Test?
Yes, they are.

If I take CBT, would my performance be different from those who choose to take PPT?
No.

Will the Computer Based Test follow the same content guideline of the UTME syllabus?
Yes.

Is the duration of the Computer Best Test the same as the Paper Pencil Examination?
The Computer Based Test is generally the same length as the Paper Pencil Examination. The detail of the test length will be included in the test instruction on the examination day.

Are Computer Based Tests secure?
Yes. The extensive computerized encryption system makes breaking into the test virtually impossible. Also, test centres make it very difficult for candidates to bring in unauthorized materials.

Is the Computer Based Test compulsory for all candidates?
No, there will be options of either the Computer Based Test or the Paper Pencil Examination.

How friendly is the CBT to candidates?
The CBT has been especially designed to provide the necessary atmosphere for the optimum performance of the candidates in terms of layout and simplicity of the question on the screen. Simply, moving from one question to another is achieved at the click of the Mouse Button or the movement of the “Arrow Keys”.

How do I register for CBT?
Candidates are expected to purchase the UTME registration scratch card from designated banks and register online through www.jambng.com, www.jambonline.org and www.jamb.org.ng
Re: Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test by dregmaster: 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
Is JAMB registration still on?
Re: Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test by Fynestboi: 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dose of u offering govt in jamb dis a chance 4 u to get above 80+ in jamb join d link below sucess is sure

https://www.nairaland.com/1171660/government-crs-online-tutorial-4jamb
Re: Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test by lisimmo(m): 7:16am On Jan 22, 2015
Jamb examination is already here

Practice JAMB, POST UTME CBT questions online for free. You can compare your scores with other aspirants and candidate nationwide. You can also monitor your improvement.

at www.e-testpedia.com

Sample questions below:

Re: Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test by xen23: 5:11am On Mar 17, 2015
My name is aliyu and i live in kaduna, i just wrote my jamb and i encountered a very serious problem during my
exam. It happened when i was almost through with my lasty paper physics, when all of a sudden my system switched by
itself. An invigilator nearby saw dat my system was off, told me leave the exam hall that i am through with my
exam, that there is nothing they can do to help me. When the result mine was witheld. so i met with my friends and
give me someone’s number that i should call Mrs adewale that he will help me. so i call her and explained my
problem to her and send to her what she asked of me.So after 3 days i checked my jamb score and it was 218, infact
i jumped up and shouted for joy there in the cafe. If you have any problem concerning biometrics or you scored low
in jamb and you want to upgrade your jamb score, you can call Mrs oadewale on 08111614555
Re: Frequently Asked Questions About JAMB Computer Based Test by six33fourng: 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Take an IQ test, career test or personality test online on Six33Four NG and access your career, intelligence & personality.

Employer’s - Access knowledge and intelligence of job seekers.
Student’s & Job Seeker’s - Enjoy our unlimited computer based tests at a very modest cost.
Teacher’s & Trainer’s - Knowledgeable in any subject matter? Earn sixty percent (60%) of the offer price each time your test is taken.

Visit https://six33four.ng/cbt/ to take computer based test (CBT) in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

See This Wonderful WAEC Result. The Best So Far! / Neco Gce Certificate / The Ibadanpoly Nd List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.