Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles (17098 Views)

NFF Pays $2000 Each To Super Eagles Players For Chan Qualification / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by joseph1013: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
Troubled Osaze Odemwingie is set for a sensational Super Eagles return only weeks after it seemed he will never play for Nigeria again.

MTNFootbal.com has again scooped that Osaze, who has been at the wars with his English Premier League club West Bromwich Albion, will be handed a lifeline by his country’s team even after a recent tirade by the player against coach Stephen Keshi and the Eagles.

“Osaze will return to the Eagles,” a top official specially disclosed to MTNFootball.com “Besides the fact that he deserves to be in the team, it would also be a big boost for Osaze after his troubles with his club.”

The outspoken Osaze resorted to social network platform Twitter to vent his frustrations after he was sensationally axed from the Eagles squad to last month’s Africa Cup of Nations.

The striker accused Keshi of not being professional in the manner he was dropped from the national team, while he also took a dig at skipper Joseph Yobo, saying the Super Eagles have lacked a true leader. He also suggested he was through with the national team.

Keshi has since said Osaze was dropped because of “character problems” which would have disrupted team spirit at the AFCON.

‘Big Boss’ has already sent out words of encouragement to Osaze following his travails at West Brom.

The former Lille and Lokomotiv Moscow star last featured for Nigeria in a 2012 Nations Cup qualifier in Rwanda in February 2011.

Other top stars lined up for a return to the team are Obinna Nsofor and Kalu Uche.

Uche, for one, has been on fire in Turkey with Istanbul outfit Kasimpasa, where he has so far netted 15 goals in the league.

He last played for Nigeria in a November 2011 friendly against Zambia in Kaduna, where he scored the opening goal and his younger brother Ikechukwu was also on target in a 2-0 win in Keshi’s second game in charge of the team.

Source: www.mtnfootball.com/africa/nigeria/news/2013/mar/27-osaze-to-stage-eagles-comeback.html

Guys, what do you do think about inviting the Captain of Twitter FC?

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by BlackPeni5: 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
WHAT!!!!!
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by pastie(m): 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
Happy 4 him

but 2nd to post sha

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by onatisi(m): 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
at last keshi has seen the loophole in the eagles team and he is set to block it , we need as many top str ikers as possible , football is all about goals

2 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by kokoA(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
He is a Nigerian and he has every right to play for his country provided he is fit. No biggy! We need to teach him how to use his sturboness positively for our team.

14 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by sambos994(m): 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
As long as he matures, he can come back.
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by onatisi(m): 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
sambos994: As long as he matures, he can come back.
he is mature , i will say he is only being misunderstood

6 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by BlackPeni5: 7:25am On Mar 28, 2013
onatisi:
he is mature , i will say he is only being misunderstood

How can he be misunderstood by the whole world...Cant you see the indiscipline he is showing at West Brom. Left for me, he will never play for Nigeria ever again.

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by joseph1013: 8:26am On Mar 28, 2013
Let's just hope that pressure to call him back by his godfathers in Nigerian football politics will not make Keshi shoot himself in the foot. He is NOT needed. So many good players itching for a callup e.g. SIdney Sam, Uche Senior, Anichebe, Hope Akpan, Joel Obi, Ighalo, Haruna, Taiwo, 'Iniesta' in the local league, amongst several others. It's only 23 players that would be on the shortlist per match. Let Osaze not ruin other people's chances. He has even said many times that he is not ready to play for Nigeria, so why bother inviting a disgruntled fellow. Keshi, be wise!

5 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by Nuzo1(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2013
Talent is nothing without discipline.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by joseph1013: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2013
Nuzo':
Absolutely! Talent is never enough.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by momodub: 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
i don hear

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nuzo':
Discipline in hard work and field. Osaze has that, his tweets and sometimes insane comments do not change his game or skills.

Your opinion on his manners has got nothing to do with his talent or professional discipline in doing his job

4 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by basty: 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2013
To come and do what?

The guy will bluff Keshi, a pound of flesh from that sinking fool.
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by idirect(m): 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2013
I dont think we have a better striker than him at the moment undecided

3 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by jmichael(m): 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
His invitation myt just b a fatherly disposition from keshi to salvage d fast-dwindling career of osaze. Didn't u notice dat his problems started afta his fall out wit keshi? U beat a child wit right hand, den draw him close wit d left hand. To me, osaze's comitment to super eagles is one of d best so far.

But wait Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo! Y we dey vex for keshi na? Didn't GEJ pardon Alams? Dis is d season of pardon joor.

8 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
Power is dangerous without control.
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by AkinDavid2: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2013
Keshi! Keshi!! Keshi!!! How many ears do you have, learn from Siasia Osaze will do you no good!

2 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
nOOOOO, these players are setting us back, cant you see the Bad luck Obafemi brought us agianst Kenya angry

2 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by vladimiros: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
keshi don fall ma hand OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by caukerzee(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Thats maturity for you.
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by a1solution: 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
caukerzee: Thats maturity for you.
that is true
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by KOMBE: 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
He has contributed so much to the eagles and we shouldn't leave at this time when he needs the country most.

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by chuckdee4(m): 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
Better him than that Musa fellow

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by crisycent: 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
Osazee,Osazee,Osazee!!! How many times i call you? if you play for super eagles, you fall my hand.
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by 1shortblackboy: 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
Everybody deserves a second chance cause nobody's perfect
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by shiftmarket(m): 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
Why do i feel that he will only be called up for friendly games where his disruptive effects will be less felt?
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by Cmoyor: 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
Shows Maturity on keshi's syde its now left to osaze to capitalise on dis lifeline given to him

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by aikuda(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
If it is true, I will say this is where Keshi buys my respect. Without Osaze in the national team, it wont make much of a difference, but you do not throw a baby away with the bath water. I strongly believe that Westbrom is treating Osaze badly because they feel he has no where to turn because of his problems with the eagles. If Keshi invites him and try to help him, he probably would have sown a good seed between him and Osaze. Its not about playing for Nigeria, he has been doing that for more than a decade (even when other would not come- how we forget so soon), its about caring, looking out for your own, when they need you. This is what Osaze has been saying all along (so is Emenike of recent). Having said that I think Osaze needs to learn to be quiet now. He has said all he needed to say, and I support him for speaking up, but its time to lay low and let the others do their bid. if not, so be it.

11 Likes

Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by theripper2: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
Just Yank Musa off dat team.
Re: Keshi To Invite Osaze To Super Eagles by Sharrks: 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
Wise decision Keshi,thumb up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Madrid To Sell James Rodriguez To Raise Funds For Pogba / Top 40 African Stadia at the moment / Official Thread For The Nigeria National League (NNL).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.