Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? (2134 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Prestigious Alumni / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? by paroh137(m): 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nigerian schools are known for their low ranking on the worldwide scale, but deep down, some Nigerians would still go to a Nigerian university than any foreign school. Nigerian students speak on their preferences. What do you think?
Re: Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wetin I think? American or European Universities are better. The Nigerian abnormal & corrupt system has damaged almost every universities. The youths just dey manage those schools. I m sure many of them ll prefer to study abroad if they are to choose.
Re: Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? by Raiany: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
I very much recommend studying in Poland, Kraków especially. The Jagiellonian University offers very good education and the tuition fees are just so much lower, it almost doesn't make sense to me why not many more people do study here. The quality of life is great, Kraków is as pretty as a city can be, and people are very friendly. There's a new BA programme of International Relations taught entirely in English at JU and it's supposed to be very good. Also, it costs only 3650 eur per year. If anyone is interested in applying, I can help smiley
Re: Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? by wem88(m): 7:56am On Apr 05, 2013
Bro pls if u can b of help pls i wnt to know the criterials in applying.thanks in anticipating for your favourable replyBro pls if u can b of help pls i wnt to know the criterials in applying.thanks in anticipating for your favourable replyBro pls if u can b of help pls i wnt to know the criterials in applying.thanks in anticipating for your favourable reply
Re: Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? by olawalebabs(m): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2013
Personally, I prefer universities abroad for any science, medical or engineering courses, reason being they have better facilities that can aid learning. As per social sciences and humanities courses, Nigerian universities is the sure bet, here you will be taught something you can easily relates with. Look around most of the foreign technocrat that have make a mark in this country are mostly from the sciences sector, same can be said of those from humanities and social sciences.
Re: Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? by Lagusta(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2013
olawalebabs: Personally, I prefer universities abroad for any science, medical or engineering courses, reason being they have better facilities that can aid learning. As per social sciences and humanities courses, Nigerian universities is the sure bet, here you will be taught something you can easily relates with. Look around most of the foreign technocrat that have make a mark in this country are mostly from the sciences sector, same can be said of those from humanities and social sciences.

sir, i am very sorry to disagree with you concerning medical schools abroad...

Its better for a prospective medical doctor to train in his home soil than overseas, the main reason being that the diseases seen here are totally different from the ones over there....

Here, we have malaria, dengue fever, onchocerciasis, leishmaniasis, etc whereas in the west, they have cystic fibrosis, lyme's disease, rocky mountain spotted fever....

Yes, they have better facilities and seasoned lecturere/tutors, but there are more nigerian medical schools being fully equipped nowadays, some even performing complex surgeries that were once thought impossible on nigerian soil, e.g kidney transplant, cardiac bypass, plastic surgery, etc
Re: Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? by olawalebabs(m): 10:04am On Apr 06, 2013
^^^ OK, I never think of that.
Re: Nigerian Universities Vs Universities Abroad - Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
Raiany: I very much recommend studying in Poland, Kraków especially. The Jagiellonian University offers very good education and the tuition fees are just so much lower, it almost doesn't make sense to me why not many more people do study here. The quality of life is great, Kraków is as pretty as a city can be, and people are very friendly. There's a new BA programme of International Relations taught entirely in English at JU and it's supposed to be very good. Also, it costs only 3650 eur per year. If anyone is interested in applying, I can help smiley
Due i'm interested, gimme your email lets communicate..thanks

(1) (Reply)

How To Print Jamb Result After Exhausting 5 Times Trial / Asup Strike Update.....congratulation To All Polytechnic Student / Beauty Vs Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.