Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Parents, At What Age Should You Get Your Daughter/son A Blackberry Phone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents, At What Age Should You Get Your Daughter/son A Blackberry Phone (683 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents, At What Age Should You Get Your Daughter/son A Blackberry Phone by roccio(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
You can’t walk into a Secondary school class room and Varsities today without spotting a few kids texting under their desks. Blackberry phones have become as much as a part of a teen’s life as shaky relationships and acne which have endanger their lives.

BB as it is popularly known has not only infiltrated the nation’s campuses and secondary schools, it has also eaten-deep into the academic works of students with lecturers lamenting that addiction to BB is becoming a new source of worry in Classrooms.

“Students are now so carried away with the BlackBerry world. During lectures, they ping, this is wrong. They want to remain updated with the latest happenings. Every minute they are checking social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. The BlackBerry world indeed has infiltrated our education system.

BlackBerry has become a status symbol among students. Undergraduates in Nigerian universities are notorious for sending BBM in classes and networking through social media and chatting and spreading information.

Miss Toyin Ajao, a 300 level student at the Lagos State University, Ojo, once wrote this BlackBerry text message phrase while answering an examination question – d soln 2 d ans’ in proper English would be written as ‘the solution to the answer.’ This mistake almost made Ajao repeat the course.

Mr. Seun Ogeye, a student at Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, said on one occasion, instead of writing this phrase – the chemical, when combined with gas, wrote ‘d kemical,wen combid w gas’ during a semester examination. He said the error was noticed just when he had five minutes left to submit his answer script.

Read Complete Article at http://www.tundeola.com/2013/03/parents-at-what-age-should-you-get-your.html#more

Re: Parents, At What Age Should You Get Your Daughter/son A Blackberry Phone by greatgod2012(f): 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
BB is a great distraction to students.

1 Like

Re: Parents, At What Age Should You Get Your Daughter/son A Blackberry Phone by aadetoyin(f): 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
My child is not getting a BB till he is out of secondary sch. If he needs to browse he'll use the laptop.
Even some adults can think straight when they re holding a BB not to talk of a child.
Not advisable for kids at all.
Re: Parents, At What Age Should You Get Your Daughter/son A Blackberry Phone by Chaulay1: 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
My parent did not buy any luxury phone for me. When in higher institution, I was using Nokia phone with torch light- a phone with the basic functions I.e call out, receive call, receive and send text msg, use torch light in d dark, well maybe d snake game on d phone was d only luxury sha. grin

What I am trying to say is that some things are not really necessary for children. Why not just buy a good phone and for browsing they should use the laptop. Chatting and social network is a sheer waste of time and many youth don't know how to manage their time on the internet. So having a BB 24/7 may not be ideal.

For those that feel they need a BB badly, my advise is that grow up quickly, work, earn your money and buy your BB for yourself.

My thought for now, don't know if my view may change in 10years time.

(1) (Reply)

I Never Knew I Would Walk Again – Binta / How To Prepare For A Successful Marriage (part 1) / Things My Mother Taught Me- A Mom To Mom E-mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.