Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). (11927 Views)

Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates / Accra - 2nd Most Livable City In Africa / Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by TMoni1(m): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2013
For most of us nairaland has become the best medium of keeping in touch with whats happening back home. So my people living in melbourne lets rob minds and discuss on mutual interests which is NIGERIA and probably Melbourne.

Just feel free and tell the house the suburb you live/work/school.

Feel free to discuss anything.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Chanchit: 8:15am On Mar 28, 2013
Why not start by telling us ur xperience there.
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by TMoni1(m): 8:15pm On Mar 28, 2013
Chanchit: Why not start by telling us ur xperience there.
Has not been anything short of bliss. Loads of oppotunities for honest people and its an highly multicultural environment. I love every bit of melbourne so far.

so if youre here downunder just hala.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by fendorf(m): 11:15pm On May 03, 2013
Are u schooling over there?
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by giddadon(m): 7:49am On May 04, 2013
T.Moni:

Has not been anything short of bliss. Loads of oppotunities for honest people and its an highly multicultural environment. I love every bit of melbourne so far.

so if youre here downunder just hala.
what country is it?
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Nobody: 8:03am On May 04, 2013
giddadon: what country is it?

Google allergy?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by giddadon(m): 8:11am On May 04, 2013
osaass:

Google allergy?
got it australia...but how do i go about the process?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by aceblackpearl: 3:53pm On May 06, 2013
giddadon: got it australia...but how do i go about the process?

Tmoni, I am here in south Clayton . How do we hookup,need job...any advise bros ? Hope to hear from u by morning ..cheers
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by giddadon(m): 7:11pm On May 06, 2013
aceblackpearl:

Tmoni, I am here in south Clayton . How do we hookup,need job...any advise bros ? Hope to hear from u by morning ..cheers
am in nigeria and wuld luv to come to australia permanently,how do i go about it?
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by hakahaka: 7:54pm On May 07, 2013
giddadon: am in nigeria and wuld luv to come to australia permanently,how do i go about it?
check out this site: www.skillselect.gov.au

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by giddadon(m): 1:33am On May 08, 2013
hakahaka:
check out this site: www.skillselect.gov.au
nting to fill there,please if there is anytin to feel please help out
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by nelsono(m): 1:14pm On May 08, 2013
Am a potential Graduate Student in University of Melbourne, come July 2013. Where can one find a cheap accommodation in Melbourne, where a student (like i will soon be) live and commute to school.

Also which airline has the cheapest fare to Melbourne?

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by quemark(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2013
T.Moni:
For most of us nairaland has become the best medium of keeping in touch with whats happening back home. So my people living in melbourne lets rob minds and discuss on mutual interests which is NIGERIA and probably Melbourne.

@T.MonI my man, happy for you and your family that you landed aussie safely. How has life been for you all over time how a wonderful, fun filled and memorable stay
Sincerely, Dayo Lagos
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by TMoni1(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2013
nelsono: Am a potential Graduate Student in University of Melbourne, come July 2013. Where can one find a cheap accommodation in Melbourne, where a student (like i will soon be) live and commute to school.

University of melbourne is in the city(CBD) so you should be looking as a shared accomodation around the city which is more expensive than going to SE or Western surburbs. The transportation system in melbourne is very good...trains...trams...buses.

You can either do qatar or emirate but i think qatar is slightly cheaper.
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by TMoni1(m): 7:20am On May 10, 2013
aceblackpearl:

Clayton is close to my office in Heatherton/Moorabbin...send your number to my email
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by TMoni1(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2013
quemark:

@T.MonI my man, happy for you and your family that you landed aussie safely. How has life been for you all over time how a wonderful, fun filled and memorable stay
Sincerely, Dayo Lagos
Thanks bro. God bless you
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by aceblackpearl: 2:38pm On May 16, 2013
T.Moni:

Clayton is close to my office in Heatherton/Moorabbin...send your number to my email

@ Tmoni, please assist me with tips on how to secure a job here and the sectors to look at . Thanks
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by fendorf(m): 8:08pm On May 16, 2013
nelsono: Am a potential Graduate Student in University of Melbourne, come July 2013. Where can one find a cheap accommodation in Melbourne, where a student (like i will soon be) live and commute to school.

pls how did you certify ur certificates?
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Fikzzy(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
T.Moni:

God bless you for starting up this thread. I'm a prospective OZ immigrant and shld be in melbourne precisely by July by God's grace. My issue is getting a good & affordable accommodation around caulfield, dandenong or clayton. Please, how can I go about it?
Thank you
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
This thread is for Nigerians who live in melbourne to come together and rub minds but trust some people to come here and start asking questions of how long and what it takes to move to Australia.

Shut up already all of you

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
giddadon: am in nigeria and wuld luv to come to australia permanently,how do i go about it?

Ask GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by TMoni1(m): 6:35am On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

Ask GEJ.

@Jenny you wicked oooo...lol
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by TMoni1(m): 6:41am On Jun 25, 2013
Fikzzy:

God bless you for starting up this thread. I'm a prospective OZ immigrant and shld be in melbourne precisely by July by God's grace. My issue is getting a good & affordable accommodation around caulfield, dandenong or clayton. Please, how can I go about it?
Thank you

It might be a though call to secure an accoumodation while youre in Nigeria. Its a process you have to follow for everyhouse youre interested in. Unless you have someone to chill with...getting accommodation has a process that every agent will/make you follow.
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by STUNTS007: 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
@T.moni, thanks for opening dis thread .I hope to be in Melbourne dis July.I just got a grant on my visa application.

A few questions to ask pls, How easy/Hard is it to secure a job in Bundoora,Melbourne??.My school is La trobe University Victoria.

Wats d general experience for a newbie and for a Naija boi wat kinda cultural shock should one expect ?

Thankz and hope to get a reply .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by iamcapela: 11:49am On Jun 27, 2013
@Tmoni,

I live in Dandenong brof and I go to school at Chisholm Tafe, Melbourne is indeed a great place to be, I have met with @Aceblackpearl and we get to catch up once in a while. Wouldn't mind meeting Nigerians in Melbourne too smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by lyfe(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
jennykadry: This thread is for Nigerians who live in melbourne to come together and rub minds but trust some people to come here and start asking questions of how long and what it takes to move to Australia.

Lol. Like you took those thoughts off my head. Imagine someone who has e-mail address and could register on Nairaland asking where Melbourne is.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Smokescreen(m): 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
T.Moni:

University of melbourne is in the city(CBD) so you should be looking as a shared accomodation around the city which is more expensive than going to SE or Western surburbs. The transportation system in melbourne is very good...trains...trams...buses.

You can either do qatar or emirate but i think qatar is slightly cheaper.
Please what do you recommend for a Nigerian moving to Melbourne for studies in terms of accomodation plans??
Any response will be appreciated.
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Smokescreen(m): 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
iamcapela: @Tmoni,

I live in Dandenong brof and I go to school at Chisholm Tafe, Melbourne is indeed a great place to be, I have met with @Aceblackpearl and we get to catch up once in a while. Wouldn't mind meeting Nigerians in Melbourne too smiley
@ iamcapela, I'd like to get in touch..........
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Smokescreen(m): 10:28am On Jul 07, 2013

@ nelsono, I'm in the same boat with you. I sent u an email.
Kindly respond
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by henrimoto(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
jennykadry: This thread is for Nigerians who live in melbourne to come together and rub minds but trust some people to come here and start asking questions of how long and what it takes to move to Australia.

nne, life no b so o...because u don dey live 4 australia, u no want make other naija people come follow u enjoy melbourne... u think if life was like dat, u will b where u 're..? 4 ur mind... u wan b witshh....abi ? @ diddandon, no mind her..,d babe no fit stop ur shine....(but come o.. u self. didandon, u no where u dey go so? australia !!! last continent of d planet!) looll... hahahaha
Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by TMoni1(m): 1:37am On Jul 11, 2013
STUNTS007: @T.moni, thanks for opening dis thread .I hope to be in Melbourne dis July.I just got a grant on my visa application.

A few questions to ask pls, How easy/Hard is it to secure a job in Bundoora,Melbourne??.My school is La trobe University Victoria.

Wats d general experience for a newbie and for a Naija boi wat kinda cultural shock should one expect ?

Thankz and hope to get a reply .
I will dare say that melbourne is a very nice place and you can get a job easily if youre very positive about it. you should know that people have different stories to tell but i will alway suggest you do listen to the bad ones. i will also say that you school open your mind to start up small while you get into the system if possible...once your experienced in the australian work environment.. work will start to chase you. Not having an australian local experience is usually the greats first hurdle to cross. if possible, do a quick short course.
concerning cultural shock...bros youve got to loose all your naija mentality if youve got one...nobody dey look you for here o so no laulau at all. Australian are generally nice and friendly but not without a few exeptions here and dere.

Above all be positive!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World). by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 08, 2013
Please mates, I am looking for a short-term Roomshare accommodation in Melbourne/Sydney/Perth for males, 2 or 3 people max. I will be landing Saturday 24th of August.

If you have one available, please drop me a line so we can discuss. Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Perish, Six Injured In Auto Crash Along Kaduna-Abuja Road / Information On Phd Admission And Scholarship Abroad. / Nigerian Students In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.