Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,134 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? (16444 Views)

Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by greatgod2012(f): 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
Are Men(fathers) Envious/jealous Of Their Kids?

I hope to catch fun and at the same time learn from this thread.

From my observations, it seem many men(fathers) are envious/jealous of their kids, especially the male ones.
Any time im back from salon, or i put on a new cloth, or a new shoe, or whatever new, and one or all of my kids try to admire and appreciate my style b4 their dad, their dad jokingly and always complain that its not their duty to admire another man's wife, that, its the duty of the husband......lol.

Early this morning, i went to a friend's place, i went there to give her an ankara we bought and sew together, so, she decided to wear her own in my presence, in case there will be any adjustment, so that i could return it to the tailor for necessary adjustment, so she went inside the room to wear it, and as she was coming back to the living room to show me how fitted the dress is, her boy, screamed, WOW!, IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU, but before the boy landed, his dad interrupted him and i quote............."how many times have i told you that it is a gross disrespect to my person to admire my wife before me, she is my wife and your own mother, so do not perfeorm the husband's duty, im still alive"
i opened my mouth in amazement and couldnt close it, and as i was just looking in amazement, the man faced me and asked......"abi, mi o right"(am i not right?) i quickly replied...."beeni sir(yes sir), but within me, i was like....WTF, is it a crime for a child to admire his mother's beauty b4 the father?
Another instance is when you buy stuffs for the children, without buying for the men, the next thing one will be hearing is....."you dont care for me again, its only your kids you now care for, but it wasnt like this b4 the kids started coming in".....blah, blah, blah, but when you buy something for them, and do not buy for the kids, you wont hear anything..... .......lol......men sometimes behave like babies.........

Actually, someone may tell me that its just a mere joke, but, "ibi ere laa ti ngbo ooto oro"..........
Why is this always so, do we say men are envious/jealous of their kids or what, and i have heard many women saying the same thing about their hubby.

So, wives, lets share, do you experience the same with your husbands.......and men, is it so?, if yes, why?
May God help us all.

7 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by k4kenny(f): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
Of course they are. Some men can't stand it when their wives are giving the kids so much attention. M̶̲̅ε̲̣ am so demonstrative in shwing affection for my kids, plenty of hugs nd kisses cheesy. Hubby doesn't really complains, he just stares with a funny expression like 'what's wron with this one sef?'
I was once at a family function where a 13month old boy was playing with his mum's b00bs (boys and b00bs sef tongue), the husband on seeing that, came over to them with such anger and slapped off the kid's hand saying ' how many times have I warned you not to play with my wife's b00bs shocked). He hit the baby so hard I was shocked, thought that was a bit over reactive. His wife clearly wasn't happy to see her lil boy spanked so hard but she just kept quiet.
I don't know the reason for their jealousy, maybe d daddys should come and explain from their own perspective.

4 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by greatgod2012(f): 3:32am On Mar 30, 2013
k4kenny: Of course they are. Some men can't stand it when their wives are giving the kids so much attention. M̶̲̅ε̲̣ am so demonstrative in shwing affection for my kids, plenty of hugs nd kisses cheesy. Hubby doesn't really complains, he just stares with a funny expression like 'what's wron with this one sef?'
I was once at a family function where a 13month old boy was playing with his mum's b00bs (boys and b00bs sef tongue), the husband on seeing that, came over to them with such anger and slapped off the kid's hand saying ' how many times have I warned you not to play with my wife's b00bs shocked). He hit the baby so hard I was shocked, thought that was a bit over reactive. His wife clearly wasn't happy to see her lil boy spanked so hard but she just kept quiet.
I don't know the reason for their jealousy, maybe d daddys should come and explain from their own perspective.

yeah! Thank you, that bosom area is another area that men act so funny, reminds me of about 2 months ago, when i weaned my last baby, each time the little boy comes around and touch the bosoms, my hubby would jokingly be telling him........."what do you want there again, havent i tried enough, i borrow you this thing for 2 years and you are still coming to touch it after 2 years, dont you know its mine," blah,blah,blah......
These men, ehn, i dont know what to say, hardly can you see a wife(mother) complaining that her hubby is giving more attention to her kids than her, its these men that always find something to compain about as regards kids attention, well, as you have said, i think the men will have to come and defend themselves here or betterstill, come tell us why they are behaving as such.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 30, 2013
//

16 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Mavor: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2013
Sounds like you ladies know some messed up bunch of eee-diot men!!!

3 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by temi4fash(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2013
Ma dad is not always around so most times I do d admiring when his even around self d man no send.... inshort we d children are ma mama Husband...

Happy B dai in advance mama you d best mehn..

3 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by greatgod2012(f): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2013
@CC, of course, its jokingly, but sometimes......."ibi ere la ti ngbo otito oro", that my friend's hubby i talked about in the original post didnt seemed to be joking o, from the countenance on his face, and did you read k4kenny's post on this thread, does that look like a joke?..........some men can be funny, you know...........
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by dayokanu(m): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2013
Some men feel once kids come, They become strangers in the house as the wife only minds the children and he is left out

2 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by greatgod2012(f): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
dayokanu: Some men feel once kids come, They become strangers in the house as the wife only minds the children and he is left out

so, this is one of your fears.........the fear of being neglected, okay o, we wont neglect you, we will try as much as possible to balance things up btwn dad and kids.
May Gd help us all.

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by greatgod2012(f): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Men and their funny acts sha.......

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
dayokanu: Some men feel once kids come, They become strangers in the house as the wife only minds the children and he is left out

Maybe it's because the lil child can't take care of himself but big daddy can! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by waleadex(m): 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
@OP,I won't totally agree with you that men are envious of their kids.Some fathers are men and some are boys.Like in your case,I am very confident yours is a man...lol.I am sure he's not envious of the kids but perhaps he's the type who is very lively.But the age,especially of the male,is very important.At a certain age of a son a father should be able to decide wether to caution his boy playing with his mum's body parts or not,or admiring his mum's dress especially when the mum is curvaceous....winks!!! As for me,a father of four,my son(2yr+) is the last child and I don't complain when he fiddles with his mum's body but as soon as he attains say age 6/7 I will surely stop him so as not be become an habit for him.On the part of his mum buying stuffs for him,I am not envious but jealous cus I was nt 'born with silver spoon in my mouth'-know what I mean?Ok!
Besides,on the part of my daughters age 15yrs,12yrs(twins),I only appreciate them cus they are beautiful.On few occasions,I get jealous only when I see them all together with their mum discussing especially silently.I can just go on and on and on.
So,as a father,I am not envious but can be jealous as stated above.

9 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by greatgod2012(f): 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
waleadex: @OP,I won't totally agree with you that men are envious of their kids.Some fathers are men and some are boys.Like in your case,I am very confident yours is a man...lol.I am sure he's not envious of the kids but perhaps he's the type who is very lively.But the age,especially of the male,is very important.At a certain age of a son a father should be able to decide wether to caution his boy playing with his mum's body parts or not,or admiring his mum's dress especially when the mum is curvaceous....winks!!! As for me,a father of four,my son(2yr+) is the last child and I don't complain when he fiddles with his mum's body but as soon as he attains say age 6/7 I will surely stop him so as not be become an habit for him.On the part of his mum buying stuffs for him,I am not envious but jealous cus I was nt 'born with silver spoon in my mouth'-know what I mean?Ok!
Besides,on the part of my daughters age 15yrs,12yrs(twins),I only appreciate them cus they are beautiful.On few occasions,I get jealous only when I see them all together with their mum discussing especially silently.I can just go on and on and on.
So,as a father,I am not envious but can be jealous as stated above.

oh yes! We are getting there, so, if i have o boy of 10+ of age, is it normal for the boy to admire the mum or not, just this afternoon, i got dressed for an owambe party, and my first son came and wispered in my ears........"mum, you are just too beautiful"..........is that bad?, though, hes just 6+, but im sure if dad was at home, he would have done as usual............leave my wife alone, when you have yours, admire her.......blah, blah, blah, i know its all joke, but is that type of joke normal?
Thanks.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by waleadex(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
greatgod2012:

oh yes! We are getting there, so, if i have o boy of 10+ of age, is it normal for the boy to admire the mum or not, just this afternoon, i got dressed for an owambe party, and my first son came and wispered in my ears........"mum, you are just too beautiful"..........is that bad?, though, hes just 6+, but im sure if dad was at home, he would have done as usual............leave my wife alone, when you have yours, admire her.......blah, blah, blah, i know its all joke, but is that type of joke normal?
Thanks.
Madam,like I said earlier you bubby is only joking when that comes to play.I am also sure he says that to let you know how much he admires you and what length he can go to protect his wife from the 'mennnnn' outside..... ah ah ah!
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by greatgod2012(f): 7:37am On Apr 01, 2013
^^

thanks!
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 01, 2013
Not married,hope to learn from this thread,to know when to draw the line btw me,and my future children.

I just noticed that some women tend to divert attention to kid,thereby leaving the man with no option but to jealous,this is also peculiar to women who get jealous of their children when the man showers affection to the children.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by greatgod2012(f): 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
Yomieluv: Not married,hope to learn from this thread,to know when to draw the line btw me,and my future children.

I just noticed that some women tend to divert attention to kid,thereby leaving the man with no option but to jealous,this is also peculiar to women who get jealous of their children when the man showers affection to the children.

you shall get there!
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
THATS A WEAK DEPENDENT MAN. IT SHOULD BE A JOY THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO PLEASE THE WOMAN AGAIN. LET HER PUT ALL THE ENERGY TO THE BABY WHILE YOU REDISCOVER YOURSELF AND HAVE MUCHO MUCHO TIME TO YOURSELF TO DO THINGS LIKE ERMMM LOUNGE ON NAIRALAND ALL DAY grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by zolajpower: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
is nairalands finished with up to date stories? why bringing family issues online?
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Airforce1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mavor: Sounds like you ladies know some messed up bunch of eee-diot men!!!

You're soooo on point wink
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Osunnyt(m): 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
Yea,it happens dat father jealous their son,if d son is drawing more attention 2 d mother.Afterall dey r both his parent and brought him up 2geda.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by creativemusic: 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by engrtee(f): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
k4kenny: Of course they are. Some men can't stand it when their wives are giving the kids so much attention. M̶̲̅ε̲̣ am so demonstrative in shwing affection for my kids, plenty of hugs nd kisses cheesy. Hubby doesn't really complains, he just stares with a funny expression like 'what's wron with this one sef?'
d boy deserves the slap.full stop
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by azimibraun: 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
Well well o! Player hating fathers choke o!
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
Some fathers are just triple much grin grin

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by kevoh(m): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
I dey laff #in OBJ's voice.

You lots should count yourselves lucky that you have husbands that get jealous playfully and complain when any one touches or compliments the wife.

Some men have even forgotten they have wives at home, they don't care if she wakes up in rags,has her hair done to look beautiful or compliment her once in a while. All they care for is young and sexy mistresses, spend and lavish money on them.

An adage goes thus especially to the op:
You never realise the importance of what you have till you lose it.
Better enjoy your husband and stop bothering yourself .

5 Likes

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
learning, dear future wify pls don't abandone me cos of the kids.

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Revolva(m): 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
That man is very funny. Oo am not sure its jealous oo he its over discipline ..he thinks he is disciplining the child not knowing he has done a bleeped up thing...lol...village man

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by phrankchek(m): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
ya i tink is tru,sum fadas r lyk dat
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by eeniak: 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
My father never mind; but he likes money.
Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
As for me o, na jobless man go get time to dey look him pikin dey play with him mama bosoms!

If you get something wey dey chase you or something wey you dey chase, you no go see am think! undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? by mazaje(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
Some men get jealous when they feel their wives give too much attention to the kids and ignore them. . .I know some one going through this at the moment. . .She will soon regret it cos he has started hanging out with the boys again. . .Trouble is looming. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) / View This Simple 5 Bedroom Duplex Architectural Design / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.