Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? (1360 Views)

True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? / Protestant Sex Abuse Equals Or Exceeds Catholic Sex Abuse In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by tobechi74: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
they first condemn Catholics but as time goes on, they imitate catholic practice.

1 NO TO ROSARY ; but you see them putting it on

2 WHY DO CATHOLICS ADD ADDITIONAL BOOKS TO THE BIBLE ? But they quote from it to suit their teaching

3 why do catholics use holy water, olive oil, etc? but they sell it and use it

4 xmas and easter is pagan ; but they join us to celebrate

5 they now bear catholic names like ; john paul, rose mary etc

6 catholics dont have the right to change Gods law ; but catholic changed sabath day to sunday and they join us
in worshiping God on sunday

7 POPE IS ANTICHRIST ; yet they go to rome and jerusalem

the list goes on and on ; plz add urs
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
^^^

because many of them are still her daughters !!
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by greedie1(f): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
hmmm..
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by ijawkid(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
I keep asking the same questions too.......

I just hope this thread makes the front page tomorrow..........cheesy....
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by Enegod(m): 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
they are just confused!
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by mumumugu(m): 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
CATHOLICS CALL THE PRIEST FATHER.

PENTECOSTALS CALL THE PASTOR DADDY

1 Like

Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:24am On Mar 31, 2013
Hehehb
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by tobechi74: 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

because many of them are still her daughters !!
all of them
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by tobechi74: 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
Enegod: they are just confused!
best word for them
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
tobechi74: who is d harlot, who is the mother of harlot
roman catholic church - the so-called mother church.
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by cr8v(f): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
tobechi74: they first condemn Catholics but as time goes on, they imitate catholic practice.

Catholicism and Islam are more related than catholicism and Christianity. I'm not speaking for other bodies but for Pentecostals/Charismatic which I believe hold biblical truth

Any true believer who wears rosary may just be a baby who just repented or is a religious fellow who thinks rosary a religious representation of the divine and does not know the idolatory associated with it. For why Jesus preached that repeating prayers is pagans the rosary is just a bunch of repeated prayers.

2 WHY DO CATHOLICS ADD ADDITIONAL BOOKS TO THE BIBLE ? But they quote from it to suit their teaching
Can you please substantiate this claim. No pentecostal minister quotes from this book. Mind you when I say Pentecostal, I am talking about the Winners Chapel, Dominion City, RCCG, TREM etc. Jesus quoted almost all books of the Old Testament but none from these books added by Roman Catholics.

Your mistake is taking all non-Catholic Christian organizations as same. None of the above churches mentioned does such

Christmas has Pagan origin but not Easter which is the celebration of the death and resurrection of Christ. Note that it happens during the Jewish feast of Passover-thats when the real Lamb of God was crucified unlike Christmas which scholars know that Jesus was not born then. If we celebrate Christmas its not wrong; it depends on how its celebrated does it glorify God or the devil?

Childish unsubstantiated reasoning

6 catholics dont have the right to change Gods law ; but catholic changed sabath day to sunday and they join us

[quote] another error of lumping all non-Catholic churches together. There are m*ny scriptural reasons for sunday Worship; its not a catholic thing

[quote]7 POPE IS ANTICHRIST ; yet they go to rome and jerusalem

Rome and Jerusalem are tourists destinations. Pentecoastals who travel to these areas are not going to meet God like a Catholic would believe. God is everywhere.

Make some research nd give your life to Christ and not to a roman institution
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by haibe(m): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
tobechi74: they first condemn Catholics but as time goes on, they imitate catholic practice.

Ans: do they pray with the rosary?, we say no to the use of rosary for praying to God not for wearin it.

Ans: Real protestants understand revelation 22:18-19, not all that claim to be pentecostals are indeed one just as it is for other beliefs.

Ans: any protestant that condemns the use of holy water and co and still use them is just like every other hypocrite you know..no big deal

Ans: can you pls make reference to where you got the idea from?

Ans: Who told you the above names are catholic names?
they are just names of some people in the bible and protestants just like catholics adopted the names since they were know for good.

Ans: Jesus rose on the 1st day of the week which is sunday and that's why we worship on sunday, besides we don't keep sabath anymore as its in the law.

7 POPE IS ANTICHRIST ; yet they go to rome and jerusalem
Ans: who told you they go to rome to worship pope like catholics do?

Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by mumumugu(m): 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
cr8v:

Catholicism and Islam are more related than catholicism and Christianity. I'm not speaking for other bodies but for Pentecostals/Charismatic which I believe hold biblical truth

Any true believer who wears rosary may just be a baby who just repented or is a religious fellow who thinks rosary a religious representation of the divine and does not know the idolatory associated with it. For why Jesus preached that repeating prayers is pagans the rosary is just a bunch of repeated prayers.

Can you please substantiate this claim. No pentecostal minister quotes from this book. Mind you when I say Pentecostal, I am talking about the Winners Chapel, Dominion City, RCCG, TREM etc. Jesus quoted almost all books of the Old Testament but none from these books added by Roman Catholics.

Your mistake is taking all non-Catholic Christian organizations as same. None of the above churches mentioned does such

Christmas has Pagan origin but not Easter which is the celebration of the death and resurrection of Christ. Note that it happens during the Jewish feast of Passover-thats when the real Lamb of God was crucified unlike Christmas which scholars know that Jesus was not born then. If we celebrate Christmas its not wrong; it depends on how its celebrated does it glorify God or the devil?

Childish unsubstantiated reasoning
why dont you reply my own. WHY IS OYEDEPO AND ADEBOYE CALLED DADDY
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 03, 2013
mumumugu: why dont you reply my own. WHY IS OYEDEPO AND ADEBOYE CALLED DADDY
they are called so by their brainwashed sheeples,not christians.
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by haibe(m): 10:19am On Apr 03, 2013
mumumugu: why dont you reply my own. WHY IS OYEDEPO AND ADEBOYE CALLED DADDY

When you see someone u respect very much and is elderly, is there anything wrong in calling him daddy? Of course not literally
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by mumumugu(m): 10:43am On Apr 03, 2013
haibe:

When you see someone u respect very much and is elderly, is there anything wrong in calling him daddy? Of course not literally
BUT WHEN CATHOLICS CALL PRIEST father, PENTECOASTAL GO DEY VEX.WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? Between daddy and pastor
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
Yay, the manichaens are the projenitors of protestants! Why am i not suprised. You are so desperate to be historically relevant that you associate with the followers of mani. Oya clap for yourself.
Re: Why Do Protestant Copy Catholics? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
WHY DO CATHOLICS ADD ADDITIONAL BOOKS TO THE BIBLE

For the records the catholic church did not add or remove any books from the bible.The first bible as compiled by the synod of hippo 393CE and the council of carthage 397 abd 419 CE contained 73 books and not 66 nor 76.The protestants are the ones that removed 7 books from the bible in the eighteenth century ver 1000 years after the bible was first compiled

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Rapes Woman In Church During 'spiritual Bath' / A Priest Claims Demon Is Sending Him Hate Texts After Girl's Exorcism Went Wrong / Please Read This Book: The Hordes Of Hell Are Marching I, Ii, Iii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.