Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

African Cultures And Intellectualism - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / African Cultures And Intellectualism (646 Views)

Of Literacy, Education, Intellectualism And Enlightenment / Lack Of Reading Cultures In Nigeria! What Do You Think Is The Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Cultures And Intellectualism by huxley(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2008
What are the primary intellectual achievements of contemporary African societies and cultures?

I must admit from the start that I have not research this subject a great deal and would like to hear what you guys have and think about it. So feel free to correct/advise me.

1) What are the great institutions of learning in Africa and what are the products of these institution?

2) Who are the great African scientists, philosophers, inventors, social innovators, economist, engineers etc of the 19th, 20th, 21st century? And what are they producing?

3) African societies consume a great deal of artifacts and knowledge generated from outside of Africa. How can we ensure that we participate fully in the universal goal of discovering knowledge?

4) What is education's primary goal? To enlighten the mind about the nature of reality or to equip the individual with the skills to get a job?

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Topfied College, Awodi Ora / ASUU To Strike Again? / Ondo State University Of Science And Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.